MOPED TYPE EBIKES ARE THEY ALL SAME

"Made in Taiwan".
Hahaha China! Too funny!

Taiwan,[II][j] officially the Republic of China (ROC),https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan#cite_note-word1-1[k]is a country[23] in East Asia, at the junction of the East and South China Seas in the northwestern Pacific Ocean, with the People's Republic of China (PRC) to the northwest, Japan to the northeast, and the Philippines to the south. The territories controlled by the ROC consist of 168 islands,[l]with a combined area of 36,193 square kilometres

The Republic of China (a.k.a. Taiwan) is not the People's Republic of China (a.k.a. China). Taiwan is the world's home of bicycles with the most respectable brands manufacturing there, and with many Taiwanese brands being world leaders in bicycle components. China is -- technically speaking -- in the state of war with Taiwan. Maybe this information could help enlightening some Minnesotan yokels.

It is about the build quality. The Chinese can make ultra-high-quality things. But the contracts for countless containers of hub-drive fat-folders are pushing for the lowest price per unit. That is the market demand, at least in much of North America where culturally a bike is an occasional sporting good, mostly for kids.
This is fun. On a typical fat folder you can flip the cadence magnet wheel. This way it will ghost pedal at full speed while pedaling backwards because you have flipped the polarity signal to the Hall sensor pickup!

You can't get Chinese food in Taiwan.
1663798805631.png

You can't get Chinese food in Taiwan.
View attachment 135916
And you can't get an ebike without it traveling through the Taiwan Strait. 88% of all large container ships travel through the Strait.

Buckle up buttercup, supply lines are still a problem and not getting better with the tension between ROC and PRC.

Last edited:
Oh, wait, I was wrong, correction, they do have Chinese food in Taiwan because it is China! It just has some political autonomy. I am working on a Chinese, 'Made in Taiwan' bike now. It is a '98 Zap. One of the first mass produced eBikes. It is currently getting a torque sensor mid-drive. The owner wants the patina preserved.

Attachments

• 98Zap.JPG
    98Zap.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 98Zap2.JPG
    98Zap2.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 108
The Republic of China (a.k.a. Taiwan) is not the People's Republic of China (a.k.a. China). Taiwan is the world's home of bicycles with the most respectable brands manufacturing there, and with many Taiwanese brands being world leaders in bicycle components. China is -- technically speaking -- in the state of war with Taiwan. Maybe this information could help enlightening some Minnesotan yokels.
To funny. Always the “Richard”. Everyone here knows that both entities build great bikes and shite bikes. Please Please Please block this yokel.

they do have Chinese food in Taiwan because it is China!
Of course. United States is China, too, as you can get the Chinese food there as well. I like that logic.

It just has some political autonomy.
The real fact is that the Chinese Nationalist army of the General Chiang Kai-Shek was losing the war against the Chinese Red Army. The Nationalist army found the refuge in the island of Taiwan and established the R.O.C, Taiwan there.. The Communist China would like to lay its hands on Taiwan, and fortunately it has not happened yet. Uma: Are you telling me you do not know the basic world facts?!

Fact. China produces bikes as good as Specialized over priced bikes looking users into an LBS. FFS pulling guitar strings doesn’t make you technically capable. BTW why are you trolling a thread unrelated to your interests?

@PedalUma: You seem to have mismatched Taiwan with Hongkong. Hongkong was a British colony for 100 years. Unfortunately, the British managed to sign a treaty, in which they promised to return the colony to China. And that has really happened. Hongkong is now part of the People's Republic of China, with some political autonomy. Taiwan is in "cold war" with China.

my god this thread turned into a debate about countries ,just wondering about the bikes if anyone else has one
If anybody is interested in riding a People's Republic of China crappy moped, it is not my money, is it? :D

I would like to be dressed in a Spandex costume for Halloween while pedaling a fat folder backwards at full speed.

Back