MOPED TYPE EBIKES ARE THEY ALL SAME

at least it is registered as a motor cycle because that is what it is.
Not all moped style bikes are like this one that does 50mph and has useless pedals.
OK, that being said can the pedals be used at lower speeds to get exercise?( I would like to know)

First thought, safe rider. Then I saw this:

View attachment 137388

Bare wire and looks like some scorching in the area.
It looks like a 14 gauge positive. What could possibly go wrong? It is only 72V DC!
1665343486087.jpeg

yes i thought so
So what? This whole video and discussion means nothing, and sounds like it was started by either an overpriced ebike dealer or by someone who overpaid for their own bike. I ride my Ecotric 1000 watt ebike in quiet comfort over 100 miles every week and have for the last 2 years. No problems No flats or breakdowns. I paid $1,300 for it. Is my battery hidden to fool the roadies. No. I could care less. I see many others on these lower cost models and they love them. Don't get fooled by the hype from slick dealers. Save a bunch, buy online, and put it together yourself. It's simple. Buy puncture resistant tires, a better seat, and bam, you just saved thousands!

OK, that being said can the pedals be used at lower speeds to get exercise?( I would like to know)
Yes they can. You can use the 5 power assist modes and 7 gears to get as much or as little exercise as you want. I use more leg than battery on the flatlands and use a little more battery for the hills. It's your choice. With 1000 watts I can up any steep street with assist. I weigh 250. Ignore style go for power. If you have steep streets go for max wattage.

I wonder what the yellow sticker on the bottom, rear of the spring fork says. Still want to see the stealthy battery.
1665361433768.png

Last edited:
It looks like a 14 gauge positive. What could possibly go wrong? It is only 72V DC!
View attachment 137489
We've been doing this for a long time. That's no guarantee everything will be safe, but we've seen all the horror stories, we look for them to learn. The past 6 months I've read at least 100 stories of ebike battery fires. With greater adoption of ebikes there has been a shocking rise in accidents. The stories about apartment dweller's ebike fires are the scariest.

Screenshot_20221009-185114_Chrome.jpg

This one stored next to a heater.

Screenshot_20221009-185513_Chrome.jpg

I'm convinced buying from the "lowest bidder" is a big mistake. Unfortunately cheap is often cheap for a reason🤔

A London council has called on the government to ban the sale of substandard e-bike chargers.

I can see the day when it will be illegal to import and sell these cheap, sub standard ebikes and batteries.

Yes they can. You can use the 5 power assist modes and 7 gears to get as much or as little exercise as you want. I use more leg than battery on the flatlands and use a little more battery for the hills. It's your choice. With 1000 watts I can up any steep street with assist. I weigh 250. Ignore style go for power. If you have steep streets go for max wattage.
I was referring to the "moped" style, the two new bikes I acquired they went into seventh gear and stayed there on even most of the 40 mph hills the fattire bike I usually use PAS 1 or 2 the same on the skinny tired bike with the "cast wheels" its very easy on the battery after 16 miles its still showing full on the battery gauge, the fat tire bike is a bit harder on the battery, that sucker will fly on PAS 5, the "Truckrun"motors seem to have a bit more torque than the same size Bafang motor The 500 watt "TR" motor is rated at 80 NMs,I do not know what the 750 watt one is rated at, it feels really strong. Basically I never use the lower gears or high pedal assist the bikes are heavy and the lower pedal assistance makes for a "comfortable" amount of resistance, the back tire on the full suspension is wearing out rather quickly, to be replaced by a "Holy Roller" when I upgrade the back brake system.
I say call a moped a moped and I am not saying I will not ever own an electric moped, the concept is sound OTH.I know the difference.:rolleyes:

$1200 frame. Ouch!
The battery is that long square thing under the seat behind the post. Takes 6 hrs to charge. I get 50 miles on it with hills using assist. I only use the throttle leaving stop lights. Top speed 28. Great bike. Will take any steep streets. I keep mine on the road and added suspension seat post, Schwalbe BIg Ben's tires, and Jones Bike double S handlebars.Went from mtb to comfy cruiser with big seat. Nice ride.

Where did you end up hiding the battery?
View attachment 137490
This is the same bike after I converted it into a cruiser. It's lit up for night rides. My gf has the same brand with a lot of lights for the night. No battery overheating ever or any other problems so far. Flawless and fun. Hard to beat at that price.

Attachments

• MY BIKE 3.jpg
    MY BIKE 3.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 118
Why would I hide it? From who and for what reason? It's sitting right there under the seat. Big and beautiful! Keep them out of 90 plus temps and they stay happy and run cool.
You miss the point…

This is the same bike after I converted it into a cruiser. It's lit up for night rides. My gf has the same brand with a lot of lights for the night. No battery overheating ever or any other problems so far. Flawless and fun. Hard to beat at that price.
To funny. That was my point. Another couple hundred in improvements and it’s no longer a $1300 budget bike. A $1200 frame to improve on. Whatever…

So what? This whole video and discussion means nothing, and sounds like it was started by either an overpriced ebike dealer or by someone who overpaid for their own bike. I ride my Ecotric 1000 watt ebike in quiet comfort over 100 miles every week and have for the last 2 years. No problems No flats or breakdowns. I paid $1,300 for it. Is my battery hidden to fool the roadies. No. I could care less. I see many others on these lower cost models and they love them. Don't get fooled by the hype from slick dealers. Save a bunch, buy online, and put it together yourself. It's simple. Buy puncture resistant tires, a better seat, and bam, you just saved thousands!
you have not saved thousands. you still have a bike with low quality parts. as much as you are riding you better be checking all those unsealed bearings too those parts then to not hold up in the long run. . I can get up this hill with 350 watts.
IMG_1242.jpeg

you have not saved thousands. you still have a bike
you have not saved thousands. you still have a bike with low quality parts. as much as you are riding you better be checking all those unsealed bearings too those parts then to not hold up in the long run. . I can get up this hill with 350 watts.
View attachment 137511

with low quality parts. as much as you are riding you better be checking all those unsealed bearings too those parts then to not hold up in the long run. . I can get up this hill with 350 watts.
View attachment 137511
View attachment 137511
Look, I am coming up on 3 years with this so-called low quality bike. I have had 0 trouble with any parts. None, nada OK? So you say what you want to justify overpaying for an ebike and talk about better parts in Germany or the US but from my experience it sounds alot like hype. If my bike falls apart right now I got my money out of it. Thing is, the parts are not expensive to replace. The battery is the only major component and I plan on having mine rebuilt. If I get 3 years of fun riding time out of this bike it has cost less than $500.00 a year. Pretty cheap exercise and entertainment I'd say. I cruise along at 16 mph all day and climb any hill. My bike is great people love it and want to know where I got it. Happy trails!

You miss the point…

To funny. That was my point. Another couple hundred in improvements and it’s no longer a $1300 budget bike. A $1200 frame to improve on. Whatever…
No matter what bike I bought I would have made those same upgrades. Not a big amount at all. New seat, Scwalbe tires, suspension seat post, raised swoopback double handlebars, rear camera, and lights. I would have added that to any ebike because they don't sell any of it stock on ebikes. I could have kept the bike the way I got it, a mtb but I chose to go for comfort and power over a hidden battery to pretend I'm a roadie in spandex. I could have spent more and got a lighter bike, but who cares if you have enough power? This thing is 68 lbs and handles great.

Here’s the thing. Years of customer support and 100s’ of calls and emails from budget bike buyers that were sorely dissapionted when their sub $1300 bike batteries gave up the ghost after a year or couldn’t find replacement parts withou5 spendy upgrades. Or tried to ride daily 365 and found that 1k more and they’d have far more reliability. Dude I’m thrilled you found a great bike for you, but I think you’re the odd man out. A heavy daily commuter, in my opinion, will soon be dissapionted. harryS and riders with his repair and technical acumen do well with budget bikes, but you guys aren’t the general market. N00bs read this and the repairs and troubleshooting are out of their skill set, leaving them with a $1200 loss. I’m not criticizing your choice just wanting those expecting support and trouble free service to understand th3 reality of low priced factory direct eBikes. YOU are your own local bike shop. And most LBS that sell and service the brands the sell won’t touch these bikes. And the battery build quality is highly questionable. I expect enough fire will sooner or later eliminate these $200-$300 batteries. I know they sell them for more but th3 battery builds use non3 of th3 current industry safety standards.

A First quality conversion kit, dealer pricing is near the finished ebike price. My scratch buil$ with wholesale sourced parts and deep discount quality components has sucked up over $2000 USD. 1/5 of which was just a battery.

again, I’m thrilled you’re happy, just hate to see the masses fall for the ”deal”.

Back