Might be crazy, ordered a Luckeep X2 today

Hi Stan, yes got the new bars, these ones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CDPPVJYM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1OBYPICC9E0TC&th=1 The rear brake hose and shift cable are somewhat short, had to install the bars upside down, and I cut about 1" off the ends of the bars on each side. Worked out pretty well, gave me the upright riding position I prefer, probably due to my back issues. Kind of tricky to remove the right hand grip/ throttle - there is an allen head screw inside the handlebars that you access thru the hole in the end of the grip. I have put about 90 miles on it, still getting acquainted with it. Got these mirrors on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/353300570392 Real nice mirrors on a smokin deal IMO.

... I have put about 90 miles on it, still getting acquainted with it.
Feature-wise this bike is super impressive at this price point. Mine arrived well-packaged. No tears or holes in the box. Printed documentation and assembly videos are great.

Like others, I did have to loosen the front brake caliper to install the wheel and then recenter the brake. I flipped the bike over and used forum member's Handlebar jacks to keep the electronics out off harms way.
Both front and rear caliper mounting bolts were under torqued so I tightened to spec.

The front wheel bearings also seemed tight, but I figure they'll loosen up overtime.

Luckeep's website says the bike has a Shimano drivetrain/transmission, but it's only the derailleur and shifter that are Shimano. I still need to adjust the derailleur as the bike will not shift into 8th gear. The freewheel, cranks, chain, and chainring are of unknown origin.

I've only ridden the bike a couple miles but it really get up and goes.

@carlrich / @454ragtop

Have either of you noticed bad speed wobble in the steering? I'm unable to ride or coast with no hands. The front wheel dangerously oscillates. You can even do this without removing your hands. Just turn the front wheel left and right while riding.

As a test, I swapped the front wheel with the 26" wheel from my Mongoose Envoy. And it almost eliminated all the wobble. With the 26" wheel I can ride and coast with no hands.

The Envoy wheel is custom with a Deore XT HB-M756 hub, SunRinger MTX-33 rim, and Sapim Strong 14g spokes.

3_luckeep_with_mongoose_rim_2023-12-28_10-21-53.jpg

Well if it's to a US location all I see on Youtube are people stealing parcels from US properties left outside ! porch pirates aren't they ?

^^ Say what??

Stan, I haven't tried riding no hands, not really my thing. Fastest I've gone is probably about 24 MPH, seems like it could be a little smoother, if it would ever stop raining here I'll go for a ride and pay more attention to possible vibration. Carlrich stated he had tire problems earlier in this thread, I suspect the tires are of questionable quality. :(

Sorry for the late reply. YES about a month ago I was on a ride and wanted to pull my gloves off so at a medium speed I took my hands of the bike for a split second and it immediately started oscillating in the front. I assume it is because there is no tube at the top to offer more rigidity to the bike. Bottom line I plan to keep both hands on the wheel.
Where can I find replacement tires that I can travel with? So foldable tires I can pack away so that if I have a flat I can pull out a tire and replace on the trail. Also, do you know if the tires on the bike are foldable? I could order some great non folding tires, install them now and keep these OEM tires as back ups for the trail if they are foldable.

I went ahead and took off the front tire to see if it would fold. It's really not happy about being folded though it does not appear to have wire in the tire. Left some creases that didn't want to come out when unfolded. It went back on the rim and as I added air I massaged it back into place. It seems fine but I'm not going to pull off both tires and fold them down small for traveling as back up spares to a new set of brand name tires as I thought I might. I'm ordering some inexpensive folded tires to travel with for emergencies and if these OEM tires ever bust I'll order some pricier name brands and keep the some cheap foldable back ups on hand for emergencies while on the trail. I couldn't find anything bigger than 2.125" that was also foldable. OEM are 2.4"

Last edited:
Been a cold winter, not a lot of days above 32*, unlike last year when I was able to ride almost every day. Have about 250 miles on it now, I like it, quite different from my Vitilan U7 20" foldable. I swapped out the handlebars, added mirrors, compass, and removable basket, much more comfortable upright riding position, at least for me with my back and neck issues.

Attachments

• 20240219_152822_resized.jpg
    20240219_152822_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240219_152835_resized.jpg
    20240219_152835_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
Did you see the new version with the bar on the top? Should make it more stable as far as the wobble upon taking hands off. Also much more structurally sound than any step through type bike. The big downside is that you can't fit a big 2nd battery on the new bike as the bar is in the way.
I took a ride on a nice warm 60 degree day with the main pack fully charged. Nice level ride on level 2 with consistent pedaling to maintain 18mph. Not difficult. I got 60 miles before the battery died. Funny part was the battery indicator did not drop much at all until I would stop to grab a drink of water then over about five minutes the battery percentage would drop pretty dramatically like 10%. I was at 35 miles out the trail when the battery indicator said 70% and I stopped to take a break and contemplate turning around. As I sat there it dropped to 60% which made the turn around decision easier. At 53 miles it still read 30% charged as I wasn't stopping to let it recalibrate. Over the next 7 miles the battery stopped putting out gradually until I was doing all the work. Just an FYI. After packing up the bike and getting home the battery registered 41.98 volts and pressing the button on the battery showed no bars lighting up. A full charge put 17.35 Amps back into the battery. As I was riding I noticed what seemed to be about a 250 watt average. It bounces around a bit but that seemed about the mid point. I have a 2nd pack from Luckeep that is 20Ah and attaches on top but haven't tried it out yet. Haven't even charged it yet.

Here's the new version of the X2 with crossbar from Amazon

helloooooo
Anyone bought the adjustable riser on their site to raise the handlebars and bring them a little closer? Looks as though it comes with a new screen.

Back