Maxxis Hookworms

Christopher85083

Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 with Maxxis 2.5-2.7 DH tubes.

Diameter drops from 29" with the Kenda to 27" with the Maxxis.

No test ride yet, but I do like the look of them. :)

This thread was worthless without pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14,164
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16,282
Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 with Maxxis 2.5-2.7 DH tubes.

Diameter drops from 29" with the Kenda to 27" with the Maxxis.

No test ride yet, but I do like the look of them. :)

So, did you have to get new wheels that weren't as wide to go from a 4" wide tire to a 2.5" wide tire? How would that even work with a fat bike frame, brakes etc... Interesting...

Mark -

Same rims, same brakes. Our rims are 3.25", and the tires bead nicely.

The bike rolls soooo smooth now. I ride all pavement with this bike, and I was looking for a smoother, more efficient tire.

Hi my name is mark and had my first ride only rover today and really enjoyed apart from a few riders calling me a cheat! It annoyed me a little as I do regularly ride my road bike... I bought the RAD rover to commute. There are no showers at my work making the road bike a bit of a non starter. Can you post a pick of the smooth tyres on the bike? I do want some smother tyres to reduce the noise and to artificially lower. Did you modify the wheel dimension on the LCD? Many thanks, mark

Nah, you have the same pack I do.

That thing mounted to the frame is the battery pack for my front light, and the cord isn't plugged in. It's just dangling there is all. I charge the headlight and the main battery every night, so it's often unplugged from the light itself for charging. It's a great light at 1,200 lumens, but it really does drain the battery quickly.

Thanks Chris... ordering them tonight! I need to lower the bike to alittle to protect the gonads! Officially start commuting on the rover tomorrow (25 mile round trip). Had a fab ride today keeping pace with all the roadies
I haven't had a chance to ride much lately, so I'm not sure how different the speed readings will be. So far, I have not adjusted the tire size on the lcd. I'll do some comparing with a gps and see if I need to make a change.

Let me know what you think of the tires! I sure like them.

Nah, you have the same pack I do.

That thing mounted to the frame is the battery pack for my front light, and the cord isn't plugged in. It's just dangling there is all. I charge the headlight and the main battery every night, so it's often unplugged from the light itself for charging. It's a great light at 1,200 lumens, but it really does drain the battery quickly.
1200 Lumens! Whoof!!! That's a LOT of light. Ha! I imagine it drains batteries quickly. Now I understand why you wanted to use the main battery to power a light. :)

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to ride much lately, so I'm not sure how different the speed readings will be. So far, I have not adjusted the tire size on the lcd. I'll do some comparing with a gps and see if I need to make a change.

Let me know what you think of the tires! I sure like them.
Tires look good. Interesting to see any speed/handling gains. Please post differences. Thanks.

Handling gains are superb. Just so much more stable and smooth.

Speed is 7% lower at the same cadence because of the reduced circumference. I'll be putting on an 11-32 cassette when I have a few minutes, and then I expect to gain most of that speed back.

Christopher... First impression was... What have I done! I found them way to firm and could not get into any decent rythmn. Hard to believe but thought it harder to ride! Whether a coincidence or not I adjusted the wheel diameter to 24 and the bike performed as well as previous. May be I just got use to it. I am certainly now pleased i did the change and beginning to enjoy the quiet riding. I have ordered a new cassette as I defo need to reduce the cadence. My commute is 22 miles total with a couple of minor climbs. Interesting tonight I had 3 bars remaining versus 2 with the old tyres although i have altered my route a little with fewer 4 ways to contend with. Mdc

Back