Max tire size on Juggernaut Ultra FS fatty rims?

Slayer33

Hi All,

I'm curious to know what the max tire size is for the Juggernaut Ultra FS Fat tire version?

I know it comes with 26x4.0, but can a 4.8" tire fit within the frame and rim?

Thank you in advance!

I have not tried to change yet but I contacted support and they said the biggest the rims will fit is 4" so if you want bigger treads you will need to buy new rims still thinking of asking my lbs what they think

Hi All,

I'm curious to know what the max tire size is for the Juggernaut Ultra FS Fat tire version?

I know it comes with 26x4.0, but can a 4.8" tire fit within the frame and rim?

Thank you in advance!
I just ordered the Terrene Cake Eater 120tpi 4.0 studded tires for this winter commute coming up

So after doing some research you should be fine with up to 4.6-4.8 tires was looking at some charts for the rim size of 85mm and all say good up to 5" but says you should go in the middle for a better fit

It's not just rim size (which I agree would be OK). It's also about clearing the frame, the forks, even the chain when in granny gear.

Point being, I think this is an answer you would want to get right from Biktrix. What they have seen work.

We'll both are stated for 5 for front fork and rear it was just the rim size issue that we where having

Chain could very well be an issue though didn't even think of that issue lol I purchased a set of studded cake eaters that are 26x4 120 TPI. So I will wait for next summer to try anything else hopefully one of you try before me so I know for sure lol but frame and chain are a good distance away from tire I will have to check the clearance at the chain when in "granny gear"

Ultra FS tire size I think depends which year. Older ones may only clear 4", but they might have updated 2020 model for bigger tire clearance.

If it were me, and I wanted to fit the biggest fattest snow tires, I'd do it on the Ultra 1000 (the hard-tail). more clearance when not dealing with rear suspension. Most serious fatbike snow-riders run hard tail frames for a variety of reasons, and tire clearance is one of those reasons.

I have the Ultra 1000 Hard tail and put Maxxis Minion 4.8" on it. I believe the rims that come with the bike are 80mm and with that size rim the tires measure about 4.375" wide. To get 4.8" I think you have to put the on 100mm rims. Anyway, the MM 4.8" tires have much larger knobs on them and look a lot bigger. Very happy with them! This doesn't answer the question about the J 1000 FS though.

w what the max tire size is for the Juggernaut Ultra FS Fat tire version?
I have the Ultra 1000 Hard tail and put Maxxis Minion 4.8" on it. I believe the rims that come with the bike are 80mm and with that size rim the tires measure about 4.375" wide. To get 4.8" I think you have to put the on 100mm rims. Anyway, the MM 4.8" tires have much larger knobs on them and look a lot bigger. Very happy with them! This doesn't answer the question about the J 1000 FS though.
omg I was looking for this info! I am very concerned to buy a Ultra 1000 Hard tail but I'm wondering if the cake eater 26x4.6 studs tire will fit?
I did ask a seller on the chat but they said it only fit 4" so can you please confirm it fit?
and how do you like this bike on the snow trail ride? I would like to buy one only for riding winter trail...should be ok?
thanks

I'm looking for the ultra 1000 or the pro version dont know witch one

The max is minions claim to be 4.8” wide. This must on 100mm rims. I mounted them on my stock rims (80mm?) and they measure 4.375”. Any bigger than 4.375” might not fit. The maxis minions are pretty badass!

Back