March 17 '21 order: 3-4 weeks until shipped; Waited 11 weeks until delivered on Jun 1 (OP) & June 3 (Tom J B).

Called Lectric to ask if there were any customer returns or alternative methods to get a Lectric sooner(trying to get one in time for family vacation). Customer service said if I were willing to switch to the standard XP instead of the step thru I previously ordered it would ship about 3-4 weeks sooner. He said they anticipate an order of standard XPs arriving at their facility May 10 and a rough estimate would be end of this month or early June to get the bike.
Yes, that’s the bike a few of us are waiting for. One guy ordered in February and I know two of us ordered March 17. We were told the same thing as far as delivery and shipping dates.

Today, May 7
Screenshot_20210507-174130.png

I'm hoping this statement holds true. I'd heard this Tuesday. View attachment 87332
So I received an email asking me if I want to upgrade to the new Lectric XP 2.0 ? The new 2.0 is due out very soon and comes with oil filled front suspension, 3 inch tires instead of 4 inch tires, better paint job, wider handlebars and locking points for a bike lock. Supposedly instead of $100 upgrade fee they will only charge us that are waiting for the standard XP $50 . And we will get first in line access. Of course first in line access probably means at least another eight week wait. I don’t understand why they would go to more narrow tires. Anyway, I’m sticking with my initial order.

I'm undecided. It all depends on the delivery times. I already got a Cloud 9 seat, suspension seat post, wider handlebar and a 20 x 4 tube. The rest of my accessory insanity should swap over if I upgrade. I'll have to speak to an actual person at Lectric before I'm closer to a decision.

I went ahead with the 2.0 upgrade. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens with delays and what not. I got a email that said the shipping for the 2.0 would depend on how many people switch the orders over from the 1.0 to the 2.0.

I went ahead with the 2.0 upgrade. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens with delays and what not. I got a email that said the shipping for the 2.0 would depend on how many people switch the orders over from the 1.0 to the 2.0.
Wow, I’m surprised. You waited eight weeks and the bikes finally came in and then you put in, for possibly another eight week wait. I hope you get your bike in the stated five week shipping time line. You have more patience then the rest of us, lol. The only meaningful update to me was the shock absorbing fork and I already bought myself a shock absorbing seat to compensate for that. I really like the wider 4 inch tires versus the proposed 3 inch.

I would love to know how many of each bike actually came in this week and are going out. Is it in the hundreds , or is it in the thousands?

Wow, I’m surprised. You waited eight weeks and the bikes finally came in and then you put in, for possibly another eight week wait. I hope you get your bike in the stated five week shipping time line. You have more patience then the rest of us, lol. The only meaningful update to me was the shock absorbing fork and I already bought myself a shock absorbing seat to compensate for that. I really like the wider 4 inch tires versus the proposed 3 inch.
Yeah I walk to work and get goods in my town so im not necessarily in a rush to get the bike until it gets to July-august when it gets hot out. We will see!

BTW, since I purchased the XP & accessories on my credit card (paid off charges before my statement was due) my credit has came up near 70pts! As of today, my score is 666 lol. I knew these bikes was cursed!

Fingers crossed. Knock on wood. I chose to decline the upgrade. But I did get wider bars, cloud 9 seat, and a suspension seat post. Think it was about $75 for all three.

Fingers crossed. Knock on wood. I chose to decline the upgrade. But I did get wider bars, cloud 9 seat, and a suspension seat post. Think it was about $75 for all three.
I bought those three plus a better light, cell phone holder, mirror and I’m waiting for the velo orange klunker handle bars. I also made a basket out of oak wood.

Back