M620 power meter options

dynamic

Region
USA
I have an flx blade 2.0 with a bafang ultra m620. I want to get an ant+/bluetooth power meter on it. I tried the garmin xc200 pedal power meters but found them unreliable (possibly due to being over their weight limit)

This may be a dumb question, but it’s not clear to me what crank based power meters would work on it.

Are there any other options?

Thanks!

Did you ever solve your problem? The only think I can think to do is get a power meter installed on your existing crank since there aren't any that are ISIS compatible. Tempo Power Meters will install a power meter on your own crank, as long as it's flat in the back and otherwise will accomodate the power meter and you have enough clearance with your frame.

Last edited:
Did you ever solve your problem? The only think I can think to do is get a power meter installed on your existing crank since there aren't any that are ISIS compatible. Power Meter City will install a power meter on your own crank, as long as it's flat in the back and otherwise will accomodate the power meter and you have enough clearance with your frame.
Nope. Pedals are the simplest but have restrictions that don’t work for me.

This bike isn’t worth custom options to me.

Did you ever solve your problem? The only think I can think to do is get a power meter installed on your existing crank since there aren't any that are ISIS compatible. Power Meter City will install a power meter on your own crank, as long as it's flat in the back and otherwise will accomodate the power meter and you have enough clearance with your frame.

if you use clipless shoes, this is definitely a solved problem - tons of choices in easily removable and standard thread power pedals. some have no weight limit at all (powertap p2 are a favorite of heavy riders) and a lot are in the 230-265lb range.

i’m not aware of any flat power meter pedals, so if you want flats, a custom crank install will be the way to go. beware asymmetry - unless you have a way to determine what the balance of your two legs is (mine average around 45/55) a reading from one side is potentially off. now that i know the imbalance, i could probably get away with a single crank arm or pedal because it doesn’t seem to change very much.

if you use clipless shoes, this is definitely a solved problem - tons of choices in easily removable and standard thread power pedals. some have no weight limit at all (powertap p2 are a favorite of heavy riders) and a lot are in the 230-265lb range.

i’m not aware of any flat power meter pedals, so if you want flats, a custom crank install will be the way to go. beware asymmetry - unless you have a way to determine what the balance of your two legs is (mine average around 45/55) a reading from one side is potentially off. now that i know the imbalance, i could probably get away with a single crank arm or pedal because it doesn’t seem to change very much.
The clipless has to be spd. And most of them do have weight limits (below me). The xc200 was unreliable for me. At that time I was slightly over the weight limit. But $1200 for something that drops connectivity and needs manual intervention to restore wasn’t gonna work. And, if I put on a backpack I am over that range.

I meant solved as in what the OP was looking to do which was a crank meter on his bike.

There are now flat power meter pedals, but since they cost $1200 for single side and $1500 for double that isn't a viable option for many folks especially if that's approaching what you paid for your bike. https://powermetercity.com/product/...te_version=Single-sided&attribute_color=Black

The clipless has to be spd. And most of them do have weight limits (below me). The xc200 was unreliable for me. At that time I was slightly over the weight limit. But $1200 for something that drops connectivity and needs manual intervention to restore wasn’t gonna work. And, if I put on a backpack I am over that range.
yeah, SPD + power meter is going to be a very tough problem. crank retrofit probably the only way to go.

Back