M2S Ultra HT Vs. Biktrix Juggernaut HD?

winn.cody

Hey guys I need some input from folks who’ve researched and experienced these bikes. I’m trying to decide between the two for my first ebike purchase soon. Specs are pretty comparable across the board and so is the price. My purpose will be off-road scouting and hunting in the Midwest with hills, mud, and occasionally snow. Does anyone have strong opinions for against these two bikes?

The Ultra HT is going to have the Ultra motor which has torque sensing. The Juggernaut HD is going to have the older BBSHD motor without torque sensing. I think there are better options for the money. M2S dos not include shipping in their pricing. This is close to the M2S for less money but they only have white in stock:

Also check out the Frey Hunter. Better components all around and will be ~$2750 with sea shipping (may take a month or so to arrive):

WattWagon CrossTour?

Titanium Frame
Belt Drive
Bafang Ultra

Also wattwagon is known for its customization.. people have requested all sorts of things like increased battery capacity and other configurations.
That thing is sweet but it’s waaayyy out of my price range. I’m looking at under $3k total invested.

i recently bought a M2S All Terrain Ultra HT. I am very happy with the quality of the bike and it is a Pennsylvania hill climbing monster.

I have an M2S Ultramax HT and love it. Only have had it around a month and 200+ miles mostly on snowmo or groomed MTB trails. Waiting on my spare 27.5" wheelset delivery for summer use. I tried a few other bikes on a bike path and the Ultramax feels the most like a human powered bike at the lower assist levels. The torque sensor is a must have imo for any ebike as is the 48V 19.8 Ahr battery. The 4.5" tires are overkill unless you do a lot of snow or sand riding. Power is crazy, probably could spin the tires on the rims with 5 lbs pressure and dry pavement. Definitly need brake and shifter disconnects on any ebike and they work very well on this beast. The Deore 10spd drivetrain is excellent and the Tectro 180mm juice brakes do the job well.

I never use the throttle, ever, so plan on removing it soon. I spun it around upsidedown so it is not hit by mistake when riding. I don't think that I have ever seriously ridden at assist levels above eco 3 and typically only ride at 1 and then 2 when I'm tired. I did play with the higher assist levels on my first few rides but didn't like the feel because it felt like I was just following the pedals and not controlling the force. I guess that's the whole point of higher assist... 😉, but it wasn't conducive to snow riding at under 4 lbs tire pressure on steep hills with poor traction. I haven't found a hill that I could not pedal up at PAS 2. The Bafang Ultramax motor is very powerful and way more than I need but I would rather have an overbuilt motor than underbuilt for longevity.

If I were to do it again, I would not get the suspension fork and would order it with the 27.5" wheels included along with the fat 26"s. Here we can't ride groomed trails in snow with tires 3" or less otherwise I would skip the fatbike entirely and just get a 27.5" plus bike. You should really evaluate whether you 'need' a fat bike for your trails and riding because they do give up quite a bit on hard ground and make the bike big and tall. Handling is much different than a plus wheel bike and they are loud on hard ground.

Can't comment on Biktrix but compare specs and price...

Back