Low mileage on 48v 13Ah battery

I looked at the site link. That is exactly the battery, I purchased and received.

The battery label say 17Ah. Is there a way to check this at bike shop? If they shipped wrong product, I can get full refund or free exchange.

They would have to open it up and look at what it says on the cells if they're not shrink wrapped. Probably not something anyone wants to do, At the very least, they could charge it fully and check that it's 54.6V at full charge. Should go down to around 42V when your ebike says it is depleted.

I've had something like this happen with a US vendor, although it was in my favor. I got a 52V battery instead of a 48V battery in error, but I didn't discover that for 18 months. I would put it on my 48V charger and it didn't have the power I wanted because I wasn't fully charging it.

When, I took the battery to ebike shop for install - we did check the volt reading. It did read 54.6v something around that area. I did not pay attention to it. Any way there is nothing, I can do but live with 35 kms per charge range.

I did give 2 star rating at the site from where, I purchased and shared the battery result. Hope it will help somebody down the road, if they plan to buy this battery for personal use.

When, I took the battery to ebike shop for install - we did check the volt reading. It did read 54.6v something around that area. I did not pay attention to it. Any way there is nothing, I can do but live with 35 kms per charge range.

I did give 2 star rating at the site from where, I purchased and shared the battery result. Hope it will help somebody down the road, if they plan to buy this battery for personal use.
I'm sorry to read you didn't get what you expected. This is why many suggest not going China direct. With the exception of a few known sellers. They might or might not be brand name cells. Some of the China made 18650 cells can be OK. HarryS as always is spot on. Opening the pack up is the only way unless your bike shop has battery testing tools. Something I wish shops would get on to!

100% charge on a 48v battery is 51volts. You said the reading was 54.6 or something around that area. Could it have been closer to 51volts?

Thinking of getting 750 watt battery on possible purchase of fat ebike. I'm Canadian, it's not legal here, is it worth it, live in US half the year, so can pick bike there

Thinking of getting 750 watt battery on possible purchase of fat ebike. I'm Canadian, it's not legal here, is it worth it, live in US half the year, so can pick bike there
I think you're mixing up battery wattage with motor wattage. 750W motors are the USA Federal limit. There are NO rules or laws governing battery power. A 16Ah battery will have more cells to increase the available Amp hours.

Your right, I meant motor.,.oops😎...is a larger motor worth it, I don't intend on climbing mountains, but we do have large hills and trails in Kamloops BC.

Your right, I meant motor.,.oops😎...is a larger motor worth it, I don't intend on climbing mountains, but we do have large hills and trails in Kamloops BC.
I like the largest legal motors. Lots of torque and I just don't use all the speed available. But I do run a 1000W motor and no LEO has ever even considered checking.

Am considering dj fat ebike, ncm aspen fat bike and rad rover fat bike. The DJ and rover come with 750 motor, not sure about aspen. Anyone ridden these.....Impressions. Thanks

I think when sellers/manf's are advertising the distance a battery will go, there is an ASSUMPTION the rider will be contributing at least something. Same story with calculators.

Just going along for the ride and going as fast as you can is just about the worst scenario there is for testing to see what your range is.

Time spent figuring out how to ride efficiently using proper PAS levels and correct gearing will pay off handsomely , with battery mileage figures that come much closer to advertised.

I actually was more interested in the capabilities and quality of the bikes. Seldom go above 3 on the assist, unless big hill. Have quite a few of those near me but usually able to avoid them.

I actually was more interested in the capabilities and quality of the bikes. Seldom go above 3 on the assist, unless big hill. Have quite a few of those near me but usually able to avoid them.
I may have this all wrong, but in my mind, when it comes to low/poor battery mileage (that's what we are talking about here, no?), it's less about the bikes (as long as you are comparing apples vs. apples) and way more about riding styles.

Back