Looking to reducing the standard Bafang display size to a smaller footprint

Allroads

I have seen newer compact displays poping up for sale lately Lilke to reduce the screen size from the standard Bafang DC18 to the compact 500C Are there any discovered issues with this mod?

Hi,
I changed the display on my AM1000 to a 500c. A lot more stealthy than the original and works perfectly, no issues :)

Neeko likes it.
I was hoping to hear @Allroads opinion, too
No riding for me for the next 4 months, last Feb two kids cut me off fractured pelvic bone which calcified and healed. Now have a sciatica issues cortizone injection rehab and hope to get stronger for april. Plan to get the smaller 500c model but will look for maybe a better model available as the 500c is a tad to small will have to squint lol

No riding for me for the next 4 months, last Feb two kids cut me off fractured pelvic bone which calcified and healed. Now have a sciatica issues cortizone injection rehab and hope to get stronger for april. Plan to get the smaller 500c model but will look for maybe a better model available as the 500c is a tad to small will have to squint lol
I resorted to building trikes for really bad pain days. I feel your pain! Hang in!

My condolences!
I had extreme cartilage wear before my hip fracture: After six months with no weight on my right leg, finally getting back on a bike really aided my recovery (It's always been the case for me that I can ride with a lot less pain than I can walk).
I hope you make an astounding recovery!

The 500C was my favorite display until the 860C came out. That display allows the simultaneous output of both watts and amps, which can be very handy for figuring out power consumption on a given stretch of road. The 500C in very bright direct sunlight (hot summer days) was not as visible as the 860C even at the highest setting. But it was as good or maybe a little better than a DPC18.

If you want small, the SW108 is essentially an Eggrider v2. Totally unnoticeable. The only drawback is it is limited to 5 PAS settings instead of 9, so you lose some granularity of selection. I don't consider the loss of visual size so much of an issue. We somehow managed to ride bikes for about a century without a data readout or ego props like Strava. It is somewhat liberating to have nothing on a screen again. You don't need a readout to know you want more pedal assist and the button is right there for you.

C963 is all I ever needed…
But I did run a CA3 and shunt for a few rides on every build to get a feel for each build and battery power/function.

It appears the 860C is 2.5" wide x 3.75" high, very compact, waterproof and takes up little space on the bars. We need more feedback from riders!

I switched out from the DPC18 display pretty fast because I didn't like how it stuck out from the handlebar to a 500c. Smaller and harder to read perhaps but having all the functions in one place is nice. I did add some "bumps" on the +/- controls for a more tactile feel with gloves on and the voltage reading is - half a volt off to my Satiator charger reading but knowledge is power as they say. I only really consult the screen while riding once in awhile to confirm assist level and speed and at the end of the ride total distance. I don't pay any attention to output readings while riding other than what I can feel at the pedals.

I'm still trying to get a trike for my Mom (who keeps busier than anyone else I know), but they're so expensive!
Get yourself a fairly new but used Schwinn trike, go to the EBIKEKIT site, buy the front wheel kit and get a 36 10ah battery or similar. Assemble it and you have the whole trike for about a grand. I did it for my other half and it works out very well.

Back