Looking for minimalist, "undercover" ebike?

This is as minimalist as I wanted to go. I still wanted the range so sacrifice the look of the battery pack. This thing is as fun of ride as I have. At 38 pounds it is one quick class 1. 2020 BMC Ampenchallenge City Ltd.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 11.59.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 11.59.30 AM.png
    226 KB · Views: 112
Her Belgian ID has been revoked. :p It's called ragoût de bœuf in French.
Thats funny! She told me they call flemish stew "carbonades flamandes" in her neck of the woods. We have a little place close by called "Pomme Fritte" that serves a great stew. The owner is from Spa...

I'm partial to La Chouffe, and yes I have the proper glass. I have to get the stuff to California from an importer in New Jersey though. Everyone else in the family is Duvel although I cannot fathom why.

Hasn't heard of Stoofvlees?!? Shocked. But I do recall on many menus it was 'carbonade'. I use my daughter's recipe. Nowhere near as good as hers.

Damnit... now I am jonesing for proper fries.

I didn't say it needs to look like a traditional bike though, just not like an ebike. I also expressed how I have a preference for the frame the wilier has in my first post.
Yeah, Willier is very futuristic for sure! :)

I agree. I don't like the look of the battery strapped anywhere on a bike. I'm cool with the battery as a fake water bottle...
+1 . the look of a sleek and minimalist design (even better with a single speed with no gears or shifters) can’t be beat :)

Maybe I'll install a belt myself 😅
Would like to see it :D
Yet... nothing stops you to convert the Willier into a single-speed bike?

P.S. I wonder whether the concept of an "overpass/flyover" is known to Belgium? :D

Installing a belt is very expensive and requires a frame that has a cut in the right seat stay to get the belt on, a cut that can be secured after. The KMC e1 EPT chain is sweet. I just installed one on a bike. It is as strong as a belt for a fraction of the money and does not require a specially adapted frame. This one is a 25 year-old bike that I recently made electric with a 90nm cargo motor, using one of those chains. This new place is an old restored gas station that serves fries with the skin on with burgers made from free range beef from the nearest mountain pastures. The beer is made next door. Another place one block away serves Moules that are steamed in white wine with fennel root, butter, onion, then fresh parsley goes on top. It is served with toast for dipping in the nectar and pomme firtes.
1677356553667.jpeg

Attachments

• Globe3.JPG
    Globe3.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 100
Some unenlightened and bass ackwards communities/states disallow eBikes on a MUP. Making stealthy eBikes a way to stay under the radar.

Back