Looking for advice/direction

Shawnlh1

Region
Canada
Fairly new to ebikes, so not overly familiar with brands/components. Looking for advice on what to stay away from, and what is a solid choice. Bikes that currnetly have my interest are the likes of Bakcou Scout, Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra FS Pro 3, Frey AM1000 V6. Not sure what others may be out there in the same arena. Because the bikes I'm looking at are all relativly expensive, I'd like to make an informed choice that will not disappoint. Thanks for your input.

I am at the same place as you right now. I have been looking quite a bit over the past few weeks and have, in fact, looked at the same bikes you mentioned. I have narrowed my search down and will probably be going with the Frey AM1000 V6. I will probably be ordering it in the next day or so. I am leaning towards the Frey because I liked the components (Rockshox Suspension & Magura Brakes) that come on the bike and I wasn't really interested in a fat tire ebike. It also comes with a 21AH battery. Frey has also been very responsive to all of my many questions. I'm sure you will select that best bike that works for you and your needs.

Fairly new to ebikes, so not overly familiar with brands/components. Looking for advice on what to stay away from, and what is a solid choice. Bikes that currnetly have my interest are the likes of Bakcou Scout, Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra FS Pro 3, Frey AM1000 V6. Not sure what others may be out there in the same arena. Because the bikes I'm looking at are all relativly expensive, I'd like to make an informed choice that will not disappoint. Thanks for your input.
I would start with avoiding bikes on Amazon and only considering bikes from brands that have a forum on EBR. Then go from there...

Got it figured out, will be going with the Bakcou Scout. The Canadian distributor is only an hour from my house. Any parts or maintenance/warranty work is easily accecable. Can't wait!

I am in the same boat but I ruled out th scout because the cost was high and the fork had lesser travel. 120 mm vs quiet kat at 140. Frey at 150 and cryusher at 165! Only thing is not real crazy about 280 mm brakes on the cryusher nitro. Why oh why can’t some one put. A long travel triple clamp style foll spring oil damped fork together with 4 piston 203. Mm brake and a bafang 620? Is that really too much to ask for?

Back