Looking for a unicorn, need help!?!

OK folks, thanks for your comments.... very helpfull! I now need everyones pick between:
1. Sondors Rock Star- $2,700 (for now)
2. Biktrix Ultra- $3,500
3. Frey 5.0 AM 1000- $3,500
4. FLX Trail- $2,700
4. or stay with Surface604 2021 Shred hardtail- $2,300
(can't find any info on Vincent Titanium FS)

THANKS!!! DR

OK folks, thanks for your comments.... very helpfull! I now need everyones pick between:
1. Sondors Rock Star- $2,700 (for now)
2. Biktrix Ultra- $3,500
3. Frey 5.0 AM 1000- $3,500
4. FLX Trail- $2,700
4. or stay with Surface604 2021 Shred hardtail- $2,300
(can't find any info on Vincent Titanium FS)

THANKS!!! DR
To my knowledge Vincent’s FS is from Watt Wagons. I spoke with @pushkar a few weeks ago and you may want to connect with him for what he is about to launch. Looks like FS carbon at an incredible price point.
I have seen pics but not the official ones. Waiting patiently 😊

Agree with timpo if you are considering m600 motor see what Luna has also

but before I did anything would contact pushkar and how things are looking on his new bike
He can build you a custom fs like mine also
wattwagons is going to be way better components etc
Start there first

I like the m600 motor too although some don’t and there are reports of issues
Noise
Longevity etc

but the advantage of the m600 is weight
The ultra is a heavy motor but very powerful aI think at this point most think it will be more durable in the long run

lot of weight difference between the Luna bike, flx trail and biktrix etc
I don’t know what the weight is on the new wattwagon coming out

see what Pushkar says

Question: what makes the Ultra special? Different? I'm showing my ignorance here. (also, I emailed Pushkar)
I would only consider the full suspension Juggernaut from Biktrix at this time. It's somewhat slack in it's geometry and has a solid frame. It comes with the Bafang ultra motor. I would order it with 2.8 in tires as opposed to 4 in fat tires and I would go for the fork upgrade option as well as the Magura quad piston brakes. Biktrix is a good company from all reports and they are responsive. This would be a $6k bike AT LEAST from anybody else. Only reasons I went with Bolton and the Frey was getting the bike sooner and I got the above options as standard, all for $4.5k and I prefer the Frey frame.

As to the Ultra motor ... it is twice or three times more powerful and configurable than any of the top selling eurobike motors.

Last edited:
I hope Luna comes back but something not good has been going on with them. I wholly gave up on them. Well almost, If they emailed me today that a large size Apollo was available I would give them my credit card number immediately. 🤣

Hellsbells, if it was a blue one I'd send them the money and jump in my truck and drive form TX to CA to pick it up.

Maybe it's just me, but that bike looks like it has really long wheelbase. 😳
51.5 in on the medium frame. You are correct. My older Specialized XC in extra large size is only 46 in. The Jug is more slack and has a long chain stay.

So are they not returning your emails?
I put in for the Apollo to be emailed when they had one. I don't expect to hear from them. I think the Apollo is like Cuban ( real Cuban ) cigars. They never get off the island and go to the top party Lords. If Luna could produce a hundred Apollos a month they would all go out the door the day they were completed.

I should add: And the above is in spite of their Herky jerky controller. I'd adapt and probably send the motor off to Pushkar eventually.

I like the m600 motor too although some don’t and there are reports of issues
Noise
Longevity etc

but the advantage of the m600 is weight
The ultra is a heavy motor but very powerful aI think at this point most think it will be more durable in the long run

lot of weight difference between the Luna bike, flx trail and biktrix etc
I don’t know what the weight is on the new wattwagon coming out

see what Pushkar says
Pushkar said the FS Carbon will weigh 56# with battery. $4,200 base.

If it's going to be a new WattWagons line.. will it replace the Travalanche?
Wouldn't you like to know. BWA HA HA HA.

Just kidding. Remember when I posted the thread "Watt Wagon Needs To Make A $6k Bike" (paraphrased) Well, Pushkar already had one in the works. It is in no way even a competitor to the Travalanche. It's a more affordable 'simile' of a Travalanche. With different specs. My words, not Pushkar's.

This is freaking huge. At $4200 with carbon is better than a Frey (assuming no significant trade offs, and assuming stock bafang controller).

Back