Looking for a Suspension Seat Post for my Gazelle Ultimate T10+

rajron

Hi;

I am looking for any suggestions on a suspension seat post for my bike.

I have a Gazelle Ultimate T10+ medium frame it is a 27.2 mm post. The Frame is a high step, the distance between the saddle rail and the saddle post clamp is only about 3 and ¾ inches or 95.25mm – I could move the post a few mm higher but it is currently where I want it.
I believe the Crane Creek eeSilk might fit, but they are not available now. I was also considering the Redshift ShockStop Suspension Seat Post. Does anyone know if either of these will fit?
Attached is a picture; the cable for my lock will have to be moved.
Posted in General Ebike Discussion and Gazelle Forums.
51216469566_01e05d58eb_h.jpg

4 inches will let you fit just about any post except the Kinect or thudbuster LT. The ST or the esilk would leave extra room to play. Even the Suntour sp12 is less than 4" once loaded.

Remember the post will compress ~20% when loaded with your static weight, so your starting height should be at least 1/2" or more above your ideal ride height.

Just going over the Cane Creek line specs on the website:

The LT minimum installation height (seat rails to bike frame) is 146mm or 5.75".
The ST is 100mm or 3.93".
The Esilk is not listed but is certainly less than the ST.

A few for comparison:

The Redshift Shockstop is 90mm or 3.5"
The Satori Animaris is 100mm or 3.93"
The Kinect looks to be about 110mm or 4.3" but can't find an official measurement on the site
The Suntour NCX 12 is 110mm or 4.3"

All of these are fully extended, so riding heights at static sag should be anywhere from 15-25% lower than that depending on whether you like a softer or firmer ride.

Last edited:
If the preload is set properly on the Kinekt there will be no sag. You actually tighten the preload spring till there is no sag when seated. This all but eliminates any seat bounce with vigorous pedaling but also reduces the travel such that it only moves during compression and impact damping.

Alaskan...It looks like the Kinekt would not fit. I had the same issue. The Kinekt has a minimum height. (4”?) There is not enough space between the top of the seat tube and seat rails to fit it in. The seat height would be too high.
I ended up getting a Redshift because it has less overall length and fits.
I highly recommend one. I have it almost dialed in perfectly with the added ‘heavy’ spring inside the stock spring. I don’t have a lot of pre-load on the two springs so I’m thinking of pulling the heavier spring and cranking up the preload a bunch. It’ll take me under two minutes tops.
I think Redshift still offers the discount using the code. CN

Hi;

I am looking for any suggestions on a suspension seat post for my bike.

I have a Gazelle Ultimate T10+ medium frame it is a 27.2 mm post. The Frame is a high step, the distance between the saddle rail and the saddle post clamp is only about 3 and ¾ inches or 95.25mm – I could move the post a few mm higher but it is currently where I want it.
I believe the Crane Creek eeSilk might fit, but they are not available now. I was also considering the Redshift ShockStop Suspension Seat Post. Does anyone know if either of these will fit?
Attached is a picture; the cable for my lock will have to be moved.
Posted in General Ebike Discussion and Gazelle Forums.
51216469566_01e05d58eb_h.jpg
I am pretty certain the Redshift will fit. My stock CUBE seat post was buried with about an inch or so showing above the top of the clamp.
I have pretty close to the same on the Redshift.
F8F0295A-FC2B-4BF5-993E-AACD42A48FA6.jpeg

The Redshift post has a 27.2mm diameter. You won’t require a shim; that may or may not be a good thing. If you want to use it on another bike, the worst you’d need is one shim.
Oh...Redshift offers 10% off and free shipping in the US for signing up for e-mails. CN

Wow! Thank You for your responses you all have provided great information and now I feel positive that there is a post for my bike. I’m wanting a minimalist approach without a big mechanical device on the post so the eeSilk and the Redshift both caught my eye.

It’s pretty warm now and for the next four months but in that time, I should have a new post to resume longer rides. 😊 I will post when I get the suspension post.

Alaskan...It looks like the Kinekt would not fit. I had the same issue. The Kinekt has a minimum height. (4”?) There is not enough space between the top of the seat tube and seat rails to fit it in. The seat height would be too high.
I ended up getting a Redshift because it has less overall length and fits.
I highly recommend one. I have it almost dialed in perfectly with the added ‘heavy’ spring inside the stock spring. I don’t have a lot of pre-load on the two springs so I’m thinking of pulling the heavier spring and cranking up the preload a bunch. It’ll take me under two minutes tops.
I think Redshift still offers the discount using the code. CN
I realize that there is not enough room in this situation for a Kinekt to fit. I was just correcting what @theemartymac said about setting for sag and included Kinekt in that group. I wanted to point out that you want to set up the Kinekt with no sag and adjust the spring preload screw to compress the screw just to the point where it eliminates any sag. However it was nNot on point to this inquiry where there is so little seatpost height.

I realize that there is not enough room in this situation for a Kinekt to fit. I was just correcting what @theemartymac said about setting for sag and included Kinekt in that group. I wanted to point out that you want to set up the Kinekt with no sag and adjust the spring preload screw to compress the screw just to the point where it eliminates any sag. However it was nNot on point to this inquiry where there is so little seatpost height.
I don't own one, but the instructions do still say to set at least 10mm higher than your normal riding position, so the total installation height consideration should be very similar to the others. It seems like you are just locking in the sag by tuning the pre-load after installation, but you are not eliminating it. :)

I don't own one, but the instructions do still say to set at least 10mm higher than your normal riding position, so the total installation height consideration should be very similar to the others. It seems like you are just locking in the sag by tuning the pre-load after installation, but you are not eliminating it. :)
I don't want to hijack this thread with discussion of a seatpost that will not fit the OP's bike. But I did want to set the record straight.

The recommended method to adjust the spring preload screw on a Kinekt is to sit with full weight on the saddle and have another person tighten the preload screw to take up all of the slack. This reduces the shock range of the parallelogram and in doing so, optimizes resistance for actual shock absorption and takes out all of the "bounce" when pedaling hard. For some with a particularly smooth stroke on the pedals, it is possible to back off the preload without introducing bounce and recover lost shock range. When done right, you don't notice it is there at all. Put the same saddle on the same bike with a fixed seatpost and you will notice it is gone and want it back...pronto.

My bike came with a minimal suspension seat post (non-adjustable), and being short in the legs, it didn't work for me. My solution was to go to a seat with built in coil springs. To make it low enough, I had to pound the hell out of the seat rails on an anvil, which lowered the profile while retaining some suspension movement. I can actually feel the springs working when I encounter a sharp bump. Certainly better than a solid post with no suspension.

Maybe worth noting.....when I changed my seat out to a Selle Anatomica (H2?) the seat rails don't extend down near as much as the stock seat in my post above. That is, the seat is much closer to the top of the seat post requiring me to raise the seat post up a bunch to get my seat's ride height set. With the SA seat I suppose I could have used the Kinekt post after all. Just note between the two pics how much seat post extends out of the seat tube. CN

tempImageHwkm6U.jpg

I use a Selle Anatomica X2.
My clearance between the rails and seat collar post is 88 mm.
80 mm is the minimum clearance I was given by CaneCreek (80mm) for the eesilk+

Last edited:
I purchased the aluminum eeSilk+ for my Gazelle Ultimate T10+.
The tube would not go all the way in because the bottle cage screws interfered with full insertion.
I cut 2.5 inches from the distal aspect of the tube.
As mentioned above and as you can see in the pics, 80 mm is the minimum clearance between the rails and seat collar post.
Will see tomorrow how it rides.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 218
Back