looking for a folding ebike for 5'0'' female.

We are looking for something similar, and are also in the San Diego area. The Sondors Smart Step might be an option for you; I heard that they will be coming back into stock at Costco soon and cost about $1,200. I am hoping that they upgrade the motor and battery.

These 20 folders are under 55 lbs. and under $2,200, filtered from the 70 or so compact and folding bikes that I looked at over the past few months. There's no filter for whether they might be available from a local bike shop; most probably aren't.

Some of the information is probably dated and/or otherwise incorrect, so caveat emptor folks.

Attachments

• Bikes under 55# and $2200.jpg
    Bikes under 55# and $2200.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
These 20 folders are under 55 lbs. and under $2,200, filtered from the 70 or so compact and folding bikes that I looked at over the past few months. There's no filter for whether they might be available from a local bike shop; most probably aren't.

Some of the information is probably dated and/or otherwise incorrect, so caveat emptor folks.
that awesome!!!! any chance of getting the actual spreadsheet? what did you end up buying?

Last edited:
just curious what do you do if you go into a market or restaurant?
I take an ebike to the library. Aren't going to be many thieves hanging around a library, and I do lock the bike. About the only other place I go on an errand is Walgreens, and I lock the bike so I can see the bars thru the window. I never go to a restaurant on any bike.

Wow, thank you for assembling all the great data.
I haven’t eliminated a small folder for my next ebike but I’m discouraged by the weight of them. What’s the point of folding a bike and putting in a trunk if the bike is too heavy to lift.

that awesome!!!! any chance of getting the actual spreadsheet?
Here's the complete list, sorted by weight and price. I was focused on 20" tires and smaller; there's a few with 16" tires. Most are folding, but a few are "compact". Non-folders have their brand and model names in red italics font. The Flyer Upstreet and possibly others are not available in the USA. I also removed a Bintelli Journey with 24" tires that somehow snuck in there. These files should be readily convertible to a spreadsheet format.

Attachments

• Folding Bikes by Weight - Copy.pdf
    103.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Folding Bikes by Price - Copy.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Wow, thank you for assembling all the great data.
I haven’t eliminated a small folder for my next ebike but I’m discouraged by the weight of them. What’s the point of folding a bike and putting in a trunk if the bike is too heavy to lift.
I hear you. We met a gal at the bike trail who just basically heaved her 70-lb folder into a Ford Edge without folding it.

It wasn't a pretty sight, but it got the job done.

Here's the complete list, sorted by weight and price. I was focused on 20" tires and smaller; there's a few with 16" tires. Most are folding, but a few are "compact". Non-folders have their brand and model names in red italics font. The Flyer Upstreet and possibly others are not available in the USA. I also removed a Bintelli Journey with 24" tires that somehow snuck in there. These files should be readily convertible to a spreadsheet format.
Would it be possible to attach the Excel file, so we can add to it/sort it as needed? Thank you so much!

The forum doesn't support uploading an XLS file format.

It's not difficult to convert a PDF to a spreadsheet format.

test drove the Vika+ 2020 yesterday and I really liked it, rode and handled well. Pretty sure that's what we're getting

Last edited:
I have similar requirements and just ordered the vika + 2020. I live WAAAAAY over in Massachusetts so I was unable to test ride one. But I watched several videos on YouTube and it looks great for me. When you buy online you can use a discount code from a few different YouTube promoters for $100 off. I'm not sure if you can do that buying it in the store.

I was really considering the Brompton Electric. But it is so expensive at $3,800. I could buy two Blix Vikas for than that! I also prefer the added throttle, wider and larger tires, and better shifters on the Blix. My only concern is the weight. At 50 lb, I'm not sure if I will be able to load it in and out of my car alone.

I have similar requirements and just ordered the vika + 2020. I live WAAAAAY over in Massachusetts so I was unable to test ride one. But I watched several videos on YouTube and it looks great for me. When you buy online you can use a discount code from a few different YouTube promoters for $100 off. I'm not sure if you can do that buying it in the store.

I was really considering the Brompton Electric. But it is so expensive at $3,800. I could buy two Blix Vikas for than that! I also prefer the added throttle, wider and larger tires, and better shifters on the Blix. My only concern is the weight. At 50 lb, I'm not sure if I will be able to load it in and out of my car alone.
I can pick it up, not easily, but I can get it in my kia soul. I think you'll be happy with it. We're ordering ours this weekend. could you post or pm me the $100 off?

The BLIX $100 discount code is RVLOVE. Their video is well worth watching also. Especially if you're wondering how it fits for a person under 5 feet tall.

You're lucky that you live basically right by the factory. It's going to take a week to receive mine. But even that is much quicker than I expected. I ordered it at noon and got the email that it was shipped at 3:49 p.m. the same day.

Note* keep in mind that the model she is demonstrating in the video is either a 2018 or 2019 model. Also, she keeps mentioning the 30-day risk-free trial. But their website says they charge a 25% restocking fee plus $150 shipping fee to return it within 30 days.

The BLIX $100 discount code is RVLOVE. Their video is well worth watching also. Especially if you're wondering how it fits for a person under 5 feet tall.

You're lucky that you live basically right by the factory. It's going to take a week to receive mine. But even that is much quicker than I expected. I ordered it at noon and got the email that it was shipped at 3:49 p.m. the same day.

Note* keep in mind that the model she is demonstrating in the video is either a 2018 or 2019 model. Also, she keeps mentioning the 30-day risk-free trial. But their website says they charge a 25% restocking fee plus $150 shipping fee to return it within 30 days.
great video!

so far LOVING the vika+. had a flat the first week and the customer support was awesome - they reimbursed me for having the flat fixed and the brakes "aligned" ($70)

I find $26 knobby tires (designed for mud) roll over the trash on the road without flats. I go years without a flat, without slime, liners, or $60 schalbe tires. Slime plugs up the valve in a couple of years and inhibits airing up to replace the normal losses. Requires 3-4 airing up a year even without a puncture.
Knobbies do make a noise on road. Doesn't bother me, does others. Reminds me of a trolley car.

i have the pace 500, but occasionally take my niece's vika+ around the neighborhood. It's a fun bike, i kind of want one :)

Back