Looking for a fast ebike primarily for commuting and possibly some trail riding

So with Frey bike, it looks very attractive, but I’m not sure about sizing.

I’m 5’8” with a 30 inch inseam. I generally ride on a medium frame. Would the Frey CC one size universal frame fit me well? How do I approach answering this question of fit?

And what about the Frey EX rather than the Frey CC? However, the Frey EX base comes with a smaller battery than the CC.
Looks like the Raleigh Lore DS with the Bosch Speed motor would be a good candidate as well IMO.
Looks like Frey is an overseas company with no local dealerships nation wide (if I am correct).

So here is a newby question... Could I buy a Trek ebike and then upgrade from the Bosch motor to the more powerful Bafang motor? I know it would void the warranty, but the warranty isn't important to me as I would just pay for any needed repairs.
Anything is possible with enough money thrown at it. However, from my research i've learned that the hardware relies on software so swapping a Bosch motor to a different manufacturer i doubt would be as simple as changing motor mounts. From your previous posts you mentioned money is no object so why not go to your LBS and get them to build you exactly what you want?

That might be a tall order to get one new, however, I have seen a couple of used ones for sale here and there.
it was possible when discussed here more than a year ago. A busy high turnover store could get with decals unattached. Kinda like some LEO versions of other civilian products.
Bafang is focusing entirely on its frame specific drives. There is no perfect motor

Back