Longest rides

Foofer we both know that in order to ride this much in the PNW you need to learn to love the rain and to invest in a lot of rain gear....am I right? The side benefits are that you get some gorgeous trails all to yourself.
ya rain is a pain but you learnt deal with it. it rained both ways today. and I learned to deal with the seals on my motor (G) good rain gear is a must to keep cool enough and that can get wet twice a day. we just bought really nice light goretex rain jackets that are thin so easy to carry in case.

I just use my old 5$ watch so no idea about kms. Early april i did 5.5 hrs and at 64 i am not trying to do more than that.
I pretty much ride everyday so my kms/year is high because i am retired.

My longest ride is 100 miles, elevation 4876 feet, Riese and Muller supercharger 2. It was a ride from San Francisco to Petaluma and back. Mostly in Eco and Tour mode with zero battery left. Supercharger 2 has 2 x 500 Wh batteries.

1658289407342.png

Currently, my longest ride. Vado 5.0. I lost part of the detailed ride records but the battery consumption was close to 1200 Wh.

My longest ride of 108 km so far was up to the Highwood Pass (elev 2200 meters) ten days ago on the Creo. It likely isn’t considered epic distance wise to many but with over 1300 meters in elevation gain and PAS used only on the final 7km to reach the top of the pass, it felt much longer.

Last edited:
My longest one-day ride was 174 miles on one charge. I set out to do try for max and did a local big loop. I did not have a pack, or the dog and was riding on 29" Schwalbe G-One tubeless tires. My saddle is an Infinity Seat saddle. My average speed was 13.7 mph and I used 2019 Wh (46.4Ah out of 49 on 52 volts). It was sunup to sundown.
Previous to that I did a tour from my house to my mother's house in Michigan. Fully overloaded for touring and into a head wind I did 144 miles with two charges totaling some 4,000+ Wh. Headwinds really kill a battery. I have a 52 volt 15 amp charger and charge all four batteries in parallel at once. Total battery capacity is 2,540 Wh. I journaled here
https://ebikes.topicwise.com/doc/?o=3d2&doc_id=23596&v=21

My longest one-day ride was 174 miles on one charge. I set out to do try for max and did a local big loop. I did not have a pack, or the dog and was riding on 29" Schwalbe G-One tubeless tires. My saddle is an Infinity Seat saddle. My average speed was 13.7 mph and I used 2019 Wh (46.4Ah out of 49 on 52 volts). It was sunup to sundown.
Previous to that I did a tour from my house to my mother's house in Michigan. Fully overloaded for touring and into a head wind I did 144 miles with two charges totaling some 4,000+ Wh. Headwinds really kill a battery. I have a 52 volt 15 amp charger and charge all four batteries in parallel at once. Total battery capacity is 2,540 Wh. I journaled here
https://ebikes.topicwise.com/doc/?o=3d2&doc_id=23596&v=21

Wow K, that’s an amazing range and an amazing distance!
Agreed, head winds are the worst battery drainer, constant and invisible.

My bike is a pig for mileage. It's the 18 wheeler of bicycles. I need to trim and take a little different route because I want to do the Great Divide Mountain Bike route next summer. I need to be able to do 135 miles on dirt/sand and probably some headwinds on one charge. Not happening with the present setup. My rig is not a commercial setup you can buy. For what is possible with a commercial setup, this guy is doing a good job. https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3d2&doc_id=24220&v=X0
He is on the Trans America Trail with a Trek e bike, two battery parallel setup. Probably should have started a new thread with this one.

My longest ride on my e bike is still 152 miles, 154 on my conventional bike! I only had a single battery back then but I have just ordered another battery which is due to arrive tomorrow so I may beat my record soon with 3 batteries on board! ;) I was really surprised that my average speed was higher on my coventional bike but I didn't use my assistance at all on the outward leg on my e bike ride!

E bike

1658338434732.png

Conventional bike

1658338490182.png

H@ly cr@p, I don’t know how you all do the super long rides!

So far with my Ride1UP Roadster v2 (single speed belt drive), maximum rides so far, after 1+ year and 5000+ miles on the bike:

With internal battery only, 250wh, ~35 lbs, 40nm torque, 350 watts (550 w peak) = 60 miles, mostly flat

With internal + external battery, 500 wh, ~40 lbs = 90+ miles, 7000+ feet elevation gain, 14.8 mph average.

With internal + 2 external batteries, 750 wh, ~ 45 lbs = 65 miles, 7000 ft elevation gain, 16.4 mph average

Back