Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

Ebikes in Brooklyn? Who would of thought?

:)One of the many;)

IMG_3339.jpg

Last edited:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
This is my project ebike. Luna Giant MTB with BBSHD/ 52V 13.5ah.
A work in progress and excited to continue working on it.
- Street tires,
- clipless pedals,
- all-position-handlebar from full upright to full aero and anywhere in between.
- Supershort stem (gold color) makes it possible to sit very comfortably in full upright position,
- color matching kick stand,
- accessory bar for cadence meter (not arrived yet) need the wired version since the wireless does not work due to interference from ebike electronics,
- cheap bungee cord to stabilize handle bar when on a stand,
- Brooks spring saddle with about an inch of travel (on top of rear suspension),
- dumped the shift sensor, it made the cable sticky and hard to shift, also did not effectively cut the power so still having shift slamming.
- Added a left brake sensor which has a double purpose of cutting off motor when shifting
- Full wrap around fenders not yet installed (still waiting for the mounts to arrive).
- Finally able to fine tune the controller the way I like it to perform (has another mid drive, 2015 Tekoa, as my benchmark for comparison.) First 4 levels of power were matched to the Tekoa, However, the Luna has additional 5,6,7,8, and 9th level of power, it is tuned to max out at 950 watts(or 18 amps, the stock setting was 30 amps). Controller is now tuned to overshoot after initial activation to compensate for speed loss while shifting (very similar to the Tekoa).
- so far I am getting a solid 30 miles on continues high speed (20-25 mph)
- Power cuts off on bumps, remedied by tying the battery to the down tube with a cheap color-matched bungee cord,
- So far, I registered 34 mph max speed without even doing the aero position.

Last edited:
Before and after fenders installation. Was able to ride it for 25 miles before the cold and snow hit. She now sits in the living room sans battery and controller. I hope to get an outside picture soon, weather permitting.

@EdVille, that's a cool rear wheel stand; please share the brand & couple of details. Can it be adjusted to accommodate a 4 inch wide tire?

@EdVille, that's a cool rear wheel stand; please share the brand & couple of details. Can it be adjusted to accommodate a 4 inch wide tire?
It is called the BIKEHAND Floor Parking Rack Storage Stand (non-adjustable). It can fit up to 29" MTB's except those that have tires that are more than 2.4 inches wide.

Back