Lectric XP

BTW, I know there was some concern earlier in this thread regarding locked settings but on my bike, which arrived today, the controller was unlocked and I had access to all the settings P01-P020.

P06 -rim diameter- was set to 22. I haven't compared it to GPS but from what I've been reading on the Facebook owners group, the speed/mileage is close enough.
Did you actually try to change any of the settings? My controller lets me SEE the settings, but only allows me to change about 5 of them. The others are shown, but locked (can't change them). Just curious

Head anybody’s Lectric taken off without the throttle being engaged??? I disconnected the PAS and it still throttles off with out touching the throttle???? Flipped my bike over after I parked it??? Disconnected the throttle and plugged the pas in and it still throttles off without any warning when it’s in any pas mode!!

I just checked, I could change P06.

Apparently some settings are still locked. Someone on the Facebook group thought P17 was for auto-cruise (P17 set to 1, six seconds at a certain speed would kick in cruise). The default setting is 0 and I couldn't change it.

Manuel cruise works, hold a certain speed using throttle (may have to be in PAS 4 or 5) and hold the down button for a few seconds. PAS will change to cruise control.

There are likely other headsets that would work. This one is just nice because it's a perfect match from the same manufacturer. But you can find the dimension drawings from Neco's catalog. And you could compare the cup sizes with other headsets to see if the existing cups would work on other headsets.
Bob, I sent you a private message about the air suspension bike fork installation. I have a question for you.

Hi all, first post, just ordered black for July delivery, can't wait! Here's a zinc 11-34 cassette for $22. Think it will work? Also let me ask, 11 teeth in 7th should dramatically increase my top speed when pedaling, correct? Maybe 32-25 mph?
Thanks all!

I've read the last 100 pages and love the search feature.

This is a cassette, you want a freewheel. You can order either the 11-28t or 11-34t, and the tool if you need it on Aliexpress. With coupons you'll save a few dollars. Aliexpress may be slow but you should get it before the bike.

Hi all, first post, just ordered black for July delivery, can't wait! Here's a zinc 11-34 cassette for $22. Think it will work? Also let me ask, 11 teeth in 7th should dramatically increase my top speed when pedaling, correct? Maybe 32-25 mph?
Thanks all!

I've read the last 100 pages and love the search feature.

You need a freewheel, not a cassette. This should do the job:

DNP Epoch Freewheel 7spd 11-28 Nickel Plated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007A8RPUS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_kMw1Eb7B44DX2

I'm ordering one now.

You need a freewheel, not a cassette. This should do the job:

DNP Epoch Freewheel 7spd 11-28 Nickel Plated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007A8RPUS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_kMw1Eb7B44DX2

I'm ordering one now.
I have that set up on two XPs ..
It's way better and works great. Make sure to remove the washer that is on the original freewheel, you don't require it because of the backspacing it's a little fiddly to set up but once its set up it works so much better in first and seventh and all between.

I have that set up on two XPs ..
It's way better and works great. Make sure to remove the washer that is on the original freewheel, you don't require it because of the backspacing it's a little fiddly to set up but once its set up it works so much better in first and seventh and all between.

Great to here it's the right one and will be in stock soon. Wondering if I'll have to purchaser the removal tool separately (?)

On a separate note, my XP has a lot of trouble switching into 7th gear and most of the time gets hung up on 6th gear... Is there a fix for that?

Thanks all! How about speed with 11t?

Edit to add, is everyone happy with 28t for hills? I see 34t on some and wonder if I'm setting with 28?

Last edited:
Thanks all! How about speed with 11t?

Edit to add, is everyone happy with 28t for hills? I see 34t on some and wonder if I'm setting with 28?
Go 11t to 34t ...34t is so much better on steep dirt trails, climbing over roots and starting out on a hill...it's way better with 11t as well.and with 11t you don't have to pedal like crazy when going fast

Go 11t to 34t ...34t is so much better on steep dirt trails, climbing over roots and starting out on a hill...it's way better with 11t as well.and with 11t you don't have to pedal like crazy when going fast
If you use 11t to 34t, do you have to buy a longer chain to use and/or different derailleur? I'm asking because I truly don't know. Thanks for all input.

I went back and read this post again Darceman and I very much thank you for the great description of how the 11 - 34t freewheel works. This is GREAT INFO for me and for the future bike owners that may consider swapping their freewheel for the 11 - 34T. I live in Mississippi and we have some fairly steep hills in my area where the 34t will come in handy ascending up a hill. I am so glad I bought the 11-34t freewheel.

Last edited:

You're tempting me to cancel my order on the 11t to 28t... I have only ridden 30 miles so far (first week), just haven't encountered those steep terrains where an easier first gear would be useful yet...

Time to hit up AliExpress again!

just haven't encountered those steep terrains where an easier first gear would be useful yet...
Me neither! I'm in Oklahoma and it's mostly flat around me. Maybe stock or 28 is fine for me. I may do some offroad trails with hills. Will a lower gear say 28 or 34 benefit me offroad much or are people with a hilly commute the primary advocates of a lower low? Thanks all.

Me neither! I'm in Oklahoma and it's mostly flat around me. Maybe stock or 28 is fine for me. I may do some offroad trails with hills. Will a lower gear say 28 or 34 benefit me offroad much or are people with a hilly commute the primary advocates of a lower low? Thanks all.
I think it also depends on how often you pedal with the power turned off. I often ride without the pedal assist on and without the low gear it would be substantially harder particularly with a head wind.:eek:

I could not find the Neco H185, but have ordered this one as it appears to be identical .....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33059431309.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.255614561rA2tw

Just have to twiddle my thumbs for a month or so !!!
Don't bother with this one - it showed shipped and the same day it said shipping cancelled - it's in dispute now.
I ordered another brand on Amazon (due here tomorrow), but that one is not Prime now and has a long ship date.
There are others on Amazon with various brand names.

Great to here it's the right one and will be in stock soon. Wondering if I'll have to purchaser the removal tool separately (?)

On a separate note, my XP has a lot of trouble switching into 7th gear and most of the time gets hung up on 6th gear... Is there a fix for that?
Seems like you need to adjust your derailleur to fine tune the shifting from 6th to 7th gear. When my bike arrived I was having that problem and I had to adjust my derailleur or I never would have been able to use 7th gear. Lectric should have adjusted the bikes at its shop before shipping them out.

Back