Lectric XP

See what happens when you unplug for 10 days? You go from Page 92 to Page 109!! Yikes! I have a lot of catching up to do. Meanwhile, a few shots from the trip to the 1000 Islands. More photos here.

I used to live in the desert in Mexico where there are these "goat head" shaped thorns. I couldn't do even one day without a flat until I added slime and didn't have a flat for 5-6 years except when I parked the bike for a few days but as soon as I pumped up the tire and went for a ride it was all good again.

How hard is it to change gears on a cartridge?

I ask because for me there is rarely a reason to change out of 7th gear other than if I’m riding with my family which means either no pas or level 1 pas.

most of my time I find pas 3 comfortable but even then sometimes I have to stop peddling because I’m just peddling so fast.

Ive hit 31 mph numerous times now for the short 1/4 mile I’m on a road and don’t want to impede traffic while I head to work in a 25 mph zone.

but I would love to replace 6th gear with my 14t and put an 11t into the 7th gear spot.

I never will understand that. They are into performance bikes. Driving down the road in my(just sold and carless) ford raptor I would pass someone in a rusted out chevy pickup, didn't make me think twice.... So we choose a ebike for whatever reason, shouldn't make any difference to what they like.

or it could be envy!

I never will understand that. They are into performance bikes. Driving down the road in my(just sold and carless) ford raptor I would pass someone in a rusted out chevy pickup, didn't make me think twice.... So we choose a ebike for whatever reason, shouldn't make any difference to what they like.

or it could be envy!

There are a couple youtubers I watch that don't say anything bad about ebikes. They take it as a personal challenge when an ebike passes them up, so they see if they can keep up and overtake. the ebikes never even know they are in a race lol.

I totally get the slime application in the area where there are those goat thorns, but otherwise, it seems like overkill to me. In the past I have purchased pre-filled slime tubes and had nothing but problems with them every time I wanted to top the tire off with air. On one set that were Presta valves, the valves kept leaking as the slime got in there and would not allow them to fully seal. So I stay away from it now, I got myself 2 mongoose tubes on amazon for when the flat tire day comes, I think I'm good.

Also, I followed the park tool video on adjusting mechanical disc brakes, and WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I am not kidding any of you, take the 15 minutes this takes and get your calipers adjusted properly!

It's very simple:

1. back off the two caliper mounting bolts where the slotted holes are,
  2. access the brake pad adjuster on the INSIDE side of the caliper and tighten all the way down then back off 1/4 inch.
  3. Depress brake lever then tighten the caliper mounting bolts so they are just snug, but not fully tight
  4. Turn the brake pad adjuster back another 1/4 turn
  5. Check to ensure the brake caliper fully engages at about a half lever press, and spin the wheel to ensure no rubs
  6. Fully tighten caliper mounting bolts.
The difference in squeak when using the brakes at any time, as well as the sheer difference in the pull and stopping power of the rear brake compared to when I got the bike was NIGHT and DAY.

Actually feels almost like my hydraulic calipers on my other bike now, so much more smooth and so much more BITE!

I couldn't recommend this more to everyone, it is one of the top 4 biggest differences I've done to this bike outside of the wider handlebars, suntour seat post/new seat and raising speed limiter.

P.S. the above method can also be used to adjust your brake pad distance to the rotor once they get a bit worn down, the brake pad adjuster will compensate for the pad wear and bring them closer to the rotor so the brake lever feel and bite remains strong (Something that happens automatically with hydraulic brakes).

Got an email this morning for two separate shipments I'm order #56xx. Label says it shipped from CA and I'm in CA. Label also says the delivery date should be Today Oct 10th. I'm assuming that the email was just way behind and they have been in transit for a while.

I totally get the slime application in the area where there are those goat thorns, but otherwise, it seems like overkill to me. In the past I have purchased pre-filled slime tubes and had nothing but problems with them every time I wanted to top the tire off with air. On one set that were Presta valves, the valves kept leaking as the slime got in there and would not allow them to fully seal. So I stay away from it now, I got myself 2 mongoose tubes on amazon for when the flat tire day comes, I think I'm good.

Also, I followed the park tool video on adjusting mechanical disc brakes, and WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I am not kidding any of you, take the 15 minutes this takes and get your calipers adjusted properly!

It's very simple:

1. back off the two caliper mounting bolts where the slotted holes are,
  2. access the brake pad adjuster on the INSIDE side of the caliper and tighten all the way down then back off 1/4 inch.
  3. Depress brake lever then tighten the caliper mounting bolts so they are just snug, but not fully tight
  4. Turn the brake pad adjuster back another 1/4 turn
  5. Check to ensure the brake caliper fully engages at about a half lever press, and spin the wheel to ensure no rubs
  6. Fully tighten caliper mounting bolts.
The difference in squeak when using the brakes at any time, as well as the sheer difference in the pull and stopping power of the rear brake compared to when I got the bike was NIGHT and DAY.

Actually feels almost like my hydraulic calipers on my other bike now, so much more smooth and so much more BITE!

I couldn't recommend this more to everyone, it is one of the top 4 biggest differences I've done to this bike outside of the wider handlebars, suntour seat post/new seat and raising speed limiter.
Lets face it. We bought a cheap e-bike. I'm OK with that decision. I'll decide later if I want to upgrade this one, or spend more for a new one. For now I'll just have fun :)

Lets face it. We bought a cheap e-bike. I'm OK with that decision. I'll decide later if I want to upgrade this one, or spend more for a new one. For now I'll just have fun :)

Let's face it, we bought a cheap e-bike, that with a few adjustments, goes from Pretty Darned Good, to Great! I did only a few things to this bike that cost money and you still can't buy another bike that has all of the features mine does (even with the few upgrades and adjustments) for anywhere near the cost. Be happy with OK, but now mine is GREAT.

Let's face it, we bought a cheap e-bike, that with a few adjustments, goes from Pretty Darned Good, to Great! I did only a few things to this bike that cost money and you still can't buy another bike that has all of the features mine does (even with the few upgrades and adjustments) for anywhere near the cost. Be happy with OK, but now mine is GREAT.
My bike came with a warped, or bent, rear brake rotor. It had to be bent back into shape to have it run true.
The calipers were a little off correct angle, and did not have a way to adjust. So I had to bend things a little.
That worked for me. But may not for others. I agree, Great bike for the money!

It was just posted on FB user group that Lectric is currently not shipping to Canada. The poster's order was rejected by Lectric at this time. Having shipped into Canada quite a bit, I am going to speculate why. 1) Customs caught the faster than allowed by Canada. 2) As others have stated, taxes are different depending where you crossed the boarder. Lectric was charging a flat fee for shipping. They may have had to eat too many higher customs fee and decided we can't afford to ship into Canada. This is what happened with my product when we had to stop shipping into Canada. Hopefully boarder pickups will still not be a problem.

My bike came with a warped, or bent, rear brake rotor. It had to be bent back into shape to have it run true.
The calipers were a little off correct angle, and did not have a way to adjust. So I had to bend things a little.
That worked for me. But may not for others. I agree, Great bike for the money!

You have a 1 year warranty on that bike, that should have prompted a call to Lectric for a new replacement rotor. A simply allen key set will allow you to adjust the caliper properly, pick one up cheap!

I agree about the price, but it's the same components as the more expensive bikes. The difference in the more expensive bike is they adjust everything where the brakes are quite, etc. before delivery. To have a quite bike it took a few minutes on Youtube and 2 minutes at the bike to have one as quite at the more expensive bike. It was a win-win, I am having great fun on a nice quite bike, plus the brakes are much safer. 😊

Got an email this morning for two separate shipments I'm order #56xx. Label says it shipped from CA and I'm in CA. Label also says the delivery date should be Today Oct 10th. I'm assuming that the email was just way behind and they have been in transit for a while.
Has it been scanned by FedEx in Arcadia yet, or just a shipping label with dates on it? If it has not been scanned by FedEx, it is sitting in a processing facility that prints labels, but has not yet been given to FedEx.

I have heard this before, but does rad open every bike and adjust/set up before shipping them out? Doesn't seem like it when you watch unboxing videos.

I agree about the price, but it's the same components as the more expensive bikes. The difference in the more expensive bike is they adjust everything where the brakes are quite, etc. before delivery. To have a quite bike it took a few minutes on Youtube and 2 minutes at the bike to have one as quite at the more expensive bike. It was a win-win, I am having great fun on a nice quite bike, plus the brakes are much safer. 😊

Back