Lectric XP

Yes, it easily goes into 7th. It is possible that your derailer is actually bent and needs to be bent back out some as well, but watch that park tools video on adjusting derailers that were posted earlier before trying to do any bending of the actual derailer.
Thanks for that information. Are you saying that information was posted earlier in this thread about derailleur adjustment? If so, was it just a few pages ago or was it tens of pages ago? Thanks.

Problem with throttle not engaging from a stop. Purchased 3 bikes and 2 have this issue. Once underway, the throttle will work, but I need to peddle until pas kicks in. Anyone having this issue?
Both of my bikes with PAS 1 turned on will throttle out of the garage just sitting on the bike. Stop to close the garage door, throttle down the driveway before I start to peddle.

Thanks for that information. Are you saying that information was posted earlier in this thread about derailleur adjustment? If so, was it just a few pages ago or was it tens of pages ago? Thanks.
See if this helps.
1570472040727.png

Is the XP capable of being placed in the 7th speed? I'm having a problem having it shift to 7th speed. I know the adjustments must be off or the derailleur is bent. If it needs adjusting, what screw should be adjusted first, the H or L screw. Alignment of the chain takes on a strange angle when the chain is manually placed on the 7th speed teeth of the cassette. The angle is fairly extreme is why I ask. I would've thought that this would have at least been adjusted before the bike was shipped. The box the bicycle was shipped in didn't appear to have any damage to the area where the derailleur was located, but you know how shipping company employees handle boxes sometimes. I am new to adjusting derailleurs and this is why I ask. I have bent the derailleur guard out at least 1" or a little more. Thanks for any and all help.

Try this video. It is specific to our derailers. Mine was way out of adjustment too and the guard was bent. All is good now though.

What is everyone using to keep their bikes safe from theft? I bought a kryptonite U lock which comes with a $750 protection against theft. I know these can easily be cut, so I'm also planning on getting a disc brake lock with an alarm built in. I figure both of these will help keep people honest and generally my bike will be safe because it's stored in my locked garage or indoor at my work which is also very secure (cameras, no public access, few employees on-site, etc) But in the rare instance I want to ride the bike to the store or a restaurant. I want a little added protection beyond the u-lock and disc brake lock.

Has anyone used a GPS tracker or recommend one? I was taking a look at the boomerang cyclotrac v1. $29 to buy and $4 a month. The problem is that the lectric xp doesn't have water bottle screw holes. They offer a bike rack clamp and the device would be hidden under the pannier bags but I'm just not quite ready to pull the trigger. Anyone have experience with the boomerang cyclotrac? https://boomerangbike.com/

It's like discovering a secret society. Just outside the Henderson, NV entrance to Lake Mead Nat Park, I noticed a little road alongside the state highway. So today I checked it out. It's a bike path. Bike paths have yellow lines down the middle just like roads?!?! As I pull in there's a "Bike Repair Work Station" with an air pump and a bike rack with tools hanging there for doing repairs. What on earth? So I do a little riding down the path and there are these adorable little round tunnels that cross under the highway. And one involved a sharp turn and they'd hung a convex mirror there so you could see if anyone is coming.

It's like discovering a secret society. Just outside the Henderson, NV entrance to Lake Mead Nat Park, I noticed a little road alongside the state highway. So today I checked it out. It's a bike path. Bike paths have yellow lines down the middle just like roads?!?! As I pull in there's a "Bike Repair Work Station" with an air pump and a bike rack with tools hanging there for doing repairs. What on earth? So I do a little riding down the path and there are these adorable little round tunnels that cross under the highway. And one involved a sharp turn and they'd hung a convex mirror there so you could see if anyone is coming.

I'm Jealous. We got nothing that good around here. Sounds awesome.

What is everyone using to keep their bikes safe from theft? I bought a kryptonite U lock which comes with a $750 protection against theft. I know these can easily be cut, so I'm also planning on getting a disc brake lock with an alarm built in. I figure both of these will help keep people honest and generally my bike will be safe because it's stored in my locked garage or indoor at my work which is also very secure (cameras, no public access, few employees on-site, etc) But in the rare instance I want to ride the bike to the store or a restaurant. I want a little added protection beyond the u-lock and disc brake lock.

Has anyone used a GPS tracker or recommend one? I was taking a look at the boomerang cyclotrac v1. $29 to buy and $4 a month. The problem is that the lectric xp doesn't have water bottle screw holes. They offer a bike rack clamp and the device would be hidden under the pannier bags but I'm just not quite ready to pull the trigger. Anyone have experience with the boomerang cyclotrac? https://boomerangbike.com/
It's a folding bike. I'd recommend taking it inside whenever you can. However, I'm at college, and many of this college's academic buildings not only specifically prohibit bringing bikes into the building, but many of the buildings I've been in have a lot of stairs and only some of those buildings have elevators. As a result, most of the time I'm going to have to leave my bike outside while I'm in class, and hell if I am getting this thing stolen while I'm in class, so I'm going to have to carry around some heavy locks to just make it too much damn trouble for thieves, especially when they could steal the equally-nice bike next to mine that's secured with only a cable lock and would yield them an equal amount of money to feed their heroin addiction. On the other hand, I'm not going to be locking it outside my residence hall overnight, it's going to stay in my dorm room.

I plan on using two Kryptonite Evolution Series-4 chain locks, one to run through the back wheel and frame, the other to secure the front wheel to the frame (or maybe the rack too) so that doesn't get stolen. To add another set of suspenders to this belt-and-suspenders approach, I plan on using a cheap Bell U-bar that I got from Walmart to lock the main tube to the rack. That would probably also serve as a decent visual deterrent.

As well, I got a cheap bike alarm from Amazon to perhaps call attention to the potential thief and, failing that, it would just give the thief tinnitus and make them question if this bike was worth the hearing loss.

What's important to remember is that your bike will never truly be theft-proof. If a thief wants your bike bad enough, they're going to get it no matter what you do. You can, however, make it painful for them.

just got new black model. All is great, however the battery is incredibly hard to remove and replace. Anyone else find this?
In addition to what has been mentioned before, unplug the charge port cover from the side of the bike. It will bind and prevent the battery from being removed. There is also a handle built into the battery, it's a small u-shaped handle that will flip up from the bottom.

Well said... It gets confusing for the newer members of this forum or people who just see this video and buy elsewhere without realizing what a great bike this is. You have to do your homework, read a lot of the forums front to back and weed out some of the negative comments. There's always going to be some people you can't please. Fortunately majority rules. Kev Central has the best videos on e-bikes and knows what he's talking about.

Had to wait (7) weeks for two bikes which came in perfect condition other than pulling out the derailleur guard. Well worth the wait so if (4) weeks or (2) week delivery is happening then enjoy the wait & purchase all your needed accessories !
Our 1st eBike for our Class C RV & around town.
Really happy with the purchase & Lectric has been great trying to satisfy customers..
Important to learn to fix things but nothing has broken yet just minor adjustments & fun!!

Is the XP capable of being placed in the 7th speed? I'm having a problem having it shift to 7th speed. I know the adjustments must be off or the derailleur is bent. If it needs adjusting, what screw should be adjusted first, the H or L screw. Alignment of the chain takes on a strange angle when the chain is manually placed on the 7th speed teeth of the cassette. The angle is fairly extreme is why I ask. I would've thought that this would have at least been adjusted before the bike was shipped. The box the bicycle was shipped in didn't appear to have any damage to the area where the derailleur was located, but you know how shipping company employees handle boxes sometimes. I am new to adjusting derailleurs and this is why I ask. I have bent the derailleur guard out at least 1" or a little more. Thanks for any and all help.

I've called around several bike shops asking if they'd service my ebike. I've gotten turned down by most. One even asked me if my ebike has a throttle, which I responded yes it does. They're response, "yeah we won't touch those, too much of a liability." One of the shops was an EBR advertised shop you see at the bottom of this thread. I was sort of shocked but not surprised.

Being a car guy this reminded me of the automotive industry. Shops just not ready and prepared for the electric vehicle revolution. Shops fearing hybrids, motors, batteries, controllers, electrical systems and the changing trend to electrification and computerization. Many auto shops refused to work on such "new" fandangled technology.

Now you've got Tesla's and hybrids all over the place. The same thing has happened to bikes. Electric bikes is the THING now. These dinosaur shops will either have to adapt to the changing times or die by the wayside while new young startups spring up and take the business right from them. It's sad but true, that's why you see so many auto manufacturers struggling to even bring to market a competitive vehicle to what Tesla and Elon Musk have brought. VW, GM, Ford, Toyota, and all these old companies even with all their history and automotive prowess just can't bring a viable electric vehicle to market to take out the new and fresh underdog.

Times are changing man, if you won't service my ebike some savvy young man down the street just might. He'll see the opportunity and I'll gladly give him my business. Your loss.

/Rant

PS: I just wanted my derailleur and spokes adjusted and I still got turned down. SMH Oh well.

PPS: I received my secondary battery!

Last edited:
I've called around several bike shops asking if they'd service my ebike. I've gotten turned down by most. One even asked me if my ebike has a throttle, which I responded yes it does. They're response, "yeah we won't touch those, too much of a liability." One of the shops was an EBR advertised shop you see at the bottom of this thread. I was sort of shocked but not surprised.

Being a car guy this reminded me of the automotive industry. Shops just not ready and prepared for the electric vehicle revolution. Shops fearing hybrids, motors, batteries, controllers, electrical systems and the changing trend to electrification and computerization. Many auto shops refused to work on such "new" fandangled technology.

Now you've got Tesla's and hybrids all over the place. The same thing has happened to bikes. Electric bikes is the THING now. These dinosaur shops will either have to adapt to the changing times or die by the wayside while new young startups spring up and take the business right from them. It's sad but true, that's why you see so many auto manufacturers struggling to even bring to market a competitive vehicle to what Tesla and Elon Musk have brought. VW, GM, Ford, Toyota, and all these old companies even with all their history and automotive prowess just can't bring a viable electric vehicle to market to take out the new and fresh underdog.

Times are changing man, if you won't service my ebike some savvy young man down the street just might. He'll see the opportunity and I'll gladly give him my business. Your loss.

/Rant

PS: I just wanted my derailleur and spokes adjusted and I still got turned down. SMH Oh well.

PPS: I received my secondary battery!

View attachment 39760
You are so right, there will be a huge eBikes service industry. There is a commuting vs exercise/fun divide going on too

Back