Lectric XP

Good call...I hooked my chargers up to a wifi plug. I always plug in the charger to the bike when I get home from a ride. But not turned on. When I'm at work and the weather is good I'll turn on the chargers with my phone before I get home so there ready to go when I arrive. 👍 Or I'll set them to turn off after a certain point so there not continually charging.

I had my tires off this morning to install Mr. Tuffy tire liners to help prevent punctures.

I found the front rim tape wasn't covering three spokes. They were pretty sharp and would most likely cause a leak if not taken care of. I used duct tape around the whole rim as I didn't have rim tape ready. I'd recommend everyone check this if you can.

Getting the rear rim back on the bike wasn't quite the nightmare I thought it would be. I did have to install the washers inside the frame, otherwise the disc brake rotor wouldn't align properly. There's a definite learning curve to the process.

Last edited:
Same, I ordered on August 31st at about 10pm and I haven't heard anything yet other than when I emailed Lectric last week and Brent said they suspected that mine would go out this week. I suspect you and I will probably receive shipping notifications around the same time.
UPDATE, I got my notification yesterday 10-04-19 for my order #5093. Our two bikes are in L.A. awaiting shipment. Should receive them early this next week!!

I have seen multiple Lion batteries swell and destroy laptops and wireless microphones from being left on chargers for long time periods, so I myself play it safe. I understand Tesla recommends 80% charging on regular basis and only 100% when max range is going to be needed. I am not aware of how this can be accomplished with the basic chargers for ebikes.
Does the bike fit in the back of a Tesla Model 3?

I was out and about at a local campground yesterday and was approached by someone that owned a Rad Mini. One tip he passed on to me was to carry a few zip lock bags and some rubber bands with me so i could protect the display if I got caught in the rain. Sounded to me like a good tip so thought i would pass it on.

Found this on youtube
Great Idea!

I did some tote testing today. I tried 2 at Lowes (Commander and Craftsman) and 1 at Walmart (I think it was Sterlite).

The Sterlite was a little short but slightly wider.

If I used any of these I'd rip the derailler off the bike in no time and I'd lose handlebar components going up/down steep motorhome stairs and through the 24" door opening. For trucks and suvs and cars with big trunks though, it's a great idea. Especially if your back is strong enough to gently guide the bike into the tote.

I was out and about at a local campground yesterday and was approached by someone that owned a Rad Mini. One tip he passed on to me was to carry a few zip lock bags and some rubber bands with me so i could protect the display if I got caught in the rain. Sounded to me like a good tip so thought i would pass it on.
It is writ, zip ties and duct tape. Key pillars to any society.

I did some tote testing today. I tried 2 at Lowes (Commander and Craftsman) and 1 at Walmart (I think it was Sterlite).

The Sterlite was a little short but slightly wider.

If I used any of these I'd rip the derailler off the bike in no time and I'd lose handlebar components going up/down steep motorhome stairs and through the 24" door opening. For trucks and suvs and cars with big trunks though, it's a great idea. Especially if your back is strong enough to gently guide the bike into the tote.
Yeah, I have to take some measurements of the cargo area in my RAV4 to see which tote will work best, right now I can fit two folded XP’s without the totes but it’s awkward to tie them down so they don’t clang together. I thought this might keep them more stable at the base.

Attachments

• 048ED18D-5978-4E2D-999A-8336B2779AB9.jpeg
    048ED18D-5978-4E2D-999A-8336B2779AB9.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 1,055
I’m now the proud owner of a lectric Xp. Surprise 40th birthday gift from my wife. My wife gave very high praise for their customer support and being able to get it to us in order to surprise me.

Quick question: does the key have to stay in it to use it? I can’t seem to be able to get it to turn on unless the key is in it.

I’m now the proud owner of a lectric Xp. Surprise 40th birthday gift from my wife. My wife gave very high praise for their customer support and being able to get it to us in order to surprise me.

Quick question: does the key have to stay in it to use it? I can’t seem to be able to get it to turn on unless the key is in it.
My key needs to be in the bike to turn it on and ride with power,no need to use the key if you ride it like a unpowered regular bike.

My key needs to be in the bike to turn it on and ride with power,no need to use the key if you ride it like a unpowered regular bike.

Ok thank you! Also quick note. My bike is 100% unlocked. Was able to set max speed to 100 kph. The t obviously won’t go that fast. With pedals spinning and legs aching I hit 27 mph. But all the settings are unlocked. Maybe need to get a 12 tooth gear.

Technically on an unlocked bike. yes. However, the gain is negligible. We are talking, maybe a couple of mph faster. No extra torque or anything like that. It's not worth it to have your speedo so out of whack. You would be better off just buying a new unlocked controller and that could get you up to the 35mph that they originally touted to the beta testers.

Mine is unlocked and I can’t hit 35 mph. You would have to be peddling like speedy gonzalas to hit 35

Yeah, I have to take some measurements of the cargo area in my RAV4 to see which tote will work best, right now I can fit two folded XP’s without the totes but it’s awkward to tie them down so they don’t clang together. I thought this might keep them more stable at the base.
Blanket

Back