Lectric XP

It's just that my previous ebike (by Greenbikeusa), stopped working mid-up hill climb. (very steep hill)
The motor started making this LOUD hum/grinding noise.. and eventually just gave out.
I replaced the motor, and still didnt work.
It was 500W 48V 10.4AH also.

I am afraid this XP will face a similar fate on that hill that I have to go through quite often.
If i just cruise lightly on PAS 3, will my motor or controller blow??

What is the steepest hill (and for what distance) were you guys able to ride the XP with no issues???

The more important factor for that hill is probably when does it come up on your ride? If it's early in the start of your fresh battery, it shouldn't be an issue. The more important factors is gearing and how drained your battery is by the time you get that hill.

I love the battery banter going on in this thread, all good information to read through and think about. I feel lost because i have not ridden my XP in 2 days, one day mostly rain and the other I was busy. Maybe I'll test a night ride tonight! Getting cold up here in the northeast a bit..

I love the battery banter going on in this thread, all good information to read through and think about. I feel lost because i have not ridden my XP in 2 days, one day mostly rain and the other I was busy. Maybe I'll test a night ride tonight! Getting cold up here in the northeast a bit..
I here you on the waiting two days, was out yesterday after two days of rain, getting mighty chilly here in Wisconsin also, just picked up some cold weather gear off Amazon really helped out last night. Not looking forward to storing it for the winter ☹️

I haven't been able to ride mine for a week. Right after my initial first couple rides, I hurt my elbow working out in my shed and have limited use of it. I can't even get my bike open to pull my controller out to send it in yet. Hoping it will be well enough to get that done soon. Its been hot here in the south. We set three records in the past two days for heat. 98 degrees and we are in October! Insane!

I here you on the waiting two days, was out yesterday after two days of rain, getting mighty chilly here in Wisconsin also, just picked up some cold weather gear off Amazon really helped out last night. Not looking forward to storing it for the winter ☹

The weather in this country is insane right now, Montana already got 3 feet of snow in some places!!!

Hey, one of the HUGE pros for me (although I fully intend to store my bike in my basement for the winter), is being able to remove the battery and keep it inside nice and room temp! I think that is one of the best factors that will allow you to keep this battery in good operation without being negatively impacted by any freezing temps.

Admittedly I am not a battery pro here, and this may be a factor only impacting old NiCd's but I can tell you with great certainty that I old iPhone 5 totally shuts down even with 60% battery if it is too cold outside.

The weather in this country is insane right now, Montana already got 3 feet of snow in some places!!!

Hey, one of the HUGE pros for me (although I fully intend to store my bike in my basement for the winter), is being able to remove the battery and keep it inside nice and room temp! I think that is one of the best factors that will allow you to keep this battery in good operation without being negatively impacted by any freezing temps.

Admittedly I am not a battery pro here, and this may be a factor only impacting old NiCd's but I can tell you with great certainty that I old iPhone 5 totally shuts down even with 60% battery if it is too cold outside.

I am almost all-electric in everything. With the exception of my electric car battery, all my batteries come inside for the winter. Lithium and cold do not get along. My 80 mile range car in the summer drops down to about 60 miles or even closer to around 50 if we are near zero.

This is my icebreaker post. Ordered my XP August 28 (48xx), received shipment notice Sept 28 (one month later), bike will arrive tomorrow to the Mid Atlantic shore (one week later). Kinda ironic, it was in Arcadia, CA for awhile & gets to me here the day I leave to fly out to the Arcadia, CA area for the next week.

Two questions: Will riding it before the battery is fully charged damage the battery? What is the quickest path to unlock it’s full speed potential so I can take a quick scoot before hitting the road? Stoked about this machine! Although I live in a bicycle focused resort area, I haven’t seen another XP around anywhere.

97 today in SE Georgia

A few days ago here in eastern Kansas, we had a 91°F day, and then the next day we had a high of 55°F, and it seems to be staying around that range at least for now. Weather here can be really something...

Has anyone found a tote to put the folded bike in?
1570281013118.png

I have seen multiple Lion batteries swell and destroy laptops and wireless microphones from being left on chargers for long time periods, so I myself play it safe. I understand Tesla recommends 80% charging on regular basis and only 100% when max range is going to be needed. I am not aware of how this can be accomplished with the basic chargers for ebikes.

Read all the battery post, thankfully I live in FL and don't have to worry about freezing. I have seen posts don't charge at high temps, well my temps are always high and I am not going to do anything different. I'll charge the bike in the garage, when the light turns green on the charge, unplug it. I can pretty much tell from the voltage how long before the charge needs to be checked. If I am busy, I have a plug it timer, set it and forget it. When the battery dies, send $250, to AliExpress and replace it or to one of the rebuild centers listed online......done. 😊

Last edited:
Back