Lectric XP

I just received my Lectric XP. I can not tell a difference from pas 3,4 and 5. Do I have to ride for so many miles before pas 4 and 5 work? Also, how do I turn on the lights? Thank you!

My XP arrived earlier this morning and when I made it back home I immediately took it out of the box and began charging the battery outside of the bike. It did not have any damage anywhere that I could find. The derailure was not bent, I was able to shift from 1-7. It might need a tune up though as shifting isn't as smooth as I want it.

I then checked bolts and nuts, pedals and other such things to make sure they're all tight and secure. I aired up the tires to 30 PSI and adjusted the handlebar stem and seatpost to my liking. I also installed the panniers just to see what they looked like. They're good enough for me, only thing is the back of my shoe hits it when pedaling.

I wanted to know what the bike would ride like without the battery inside and under my human power alone. I can say that as-is it rides more comfortable than my old folder. It's a lot heavier but it's still feasible especially in 3rd gear which to me is comfortable effort. I immediately felt the difference when rolling over bumps, cracks, sidewalks and small potholes. A lot of XP owners have complained about the rough ride, lack of suspension, lack of suspension handlebars, lack of suspension seatpost, deflating your tires, etc. in pursuit of comfort. You guys are spoiled babies! That means you guys wouldn't survive the 15 (one way) miles I put on my folder when I go for rides. 😁🤘🚴‍♂️💪 It's Rock solid so the XP feels like a Cadillac to me.

(FYI, I'm just kidding I realize we're not all the same age and in the same health conditions.)

The battery is still charging and I'm dying to feel DA POWER!!! 🚴⚡⚡⚡

Last edited:
My XP arrived earlier this morning and when I made it back home I immediately took it out of the box and began charging the battery outside of the bike. It did not have any damage anywhere that I could find. The derailure was not bent, I was able to shift from 1-7. It might need a tune up though as shifting isn't as smooth as I want it.

I then checked bolts and nuts, pedals and other such things to make sure they're all tight and secure. I aired up the tires to 30 PSI and adjusted the handlebar stem and seatpost to my liking. I also installed the panniers just to see what they looked like. They're good enough for me, only thing is the back of my shoe hits it when pedaling.

I wanted to know what the bike would ride like without the battery inside and under my human power alone. I can say that as-is it rides more comfortable than my old folder. It's a lot heavier but it's still feasible especially in 3rd gear which to me is comfortable effort. I immediately felt the difference when rolling over bumps, cracks, sidewalks and small potholes. A lot of XP owners have complained about the rough ride, lack of suspension, lack of suspension handlebars, lack of suspension seatpost, deflating your tires, etc. in pursuit of comfort. You guys are spoiled babies! That means you guys wouldn't survive the 15 (one way) miles I put on my folder when I go for rides. 😁🤘🚴‍♂️💪 It's Rock solid so the XP feels like a Cadillac to me.

(FYI, I'm just kidding I realize we're not all the same age and in the same health conditions.)

The battery is still charging and I'm dying to feel DA POWER!!! 🚴⚡⚡⚡

View attachment 39366
I had similar results. Things were pretty good. Derailer guard was good. No dents, stuff was tight.

My derailer guard was bent. Easy fix.

Yes easy fix and I meant the guard too. It seemed like it had good enough shipping protection. Or maybe some FedEx drivers just mishandled some of the other XP deliveries hence the damages.

I like my seat up high so my legs can get a full long pedal stroke. I raised the handlebar stem to "6" and this combination feels very comfortable. I feel like I'm riding an SUV of ebikes.

My battery is now fully charged and I'm ready to hit the trails!

Order #4548 here.

Yes easy fix and I meant the guard too. It seemed like it had good enough shipping protection. Or maybe some FedEx drivers just mishandled some of the other XP deliveries hence the damages.

View attachment 39367

View attachment 39368

View attachment 39369

I like my seat up high so my legs can get a full long pedal stroke. I raised the handlebar stem to "6" and this combination feels very comfortable. I feel like I'm riding an SUV of ebikes.

Order #4548 here.
Personally, I think my bikes packing was superb. 10/10

The owners manual I received says I should have access to P01, P02, P08 and P16.

But when going through the actual controller display settings I am seeing P01-P20! Does this mean I got lucky and my controller is fully unlocked?!

View attachment 39367

View attachment 39368

View attachment 39369

Order #4548 here.
Please let me know what your
top speed is. I can only get mine to 20 mph peddling fast.

I also installed the panniers just to see what they looked like. They're good enough for me, only thing is the back of my shoe hits it when pedaling.

First I installed the saddlebags on top of the spring clamp thingy. Then, realizing I'd made a moron mistake, I installed them under the clamp thing and my shoes hit it when pedaling. Then in a fit of pure genius I cut some of the material away so the saddlebags would sit farther back so I my heels wouldn't hit when pedaling. It still hit it when pedaling. So I'm in the market for some saddlebags. It's not easy being me some days.

Last edited:
Setting P08 has a default of 32 KPH (20 MPH). Reset that to 45 KPH (28 MPH). Be aware that you only get 28 MPH with pedal assist. The throttle remains limited to 20 MPH. I should also mention to check your laws in your local municipality/state. In some states, Class 3 ebikes (which the XP becomes if you pump it up to 28mph) can be subject to motor vehicle regulations such as licensing and insurance. FYI.
How did you adjust the controller?

How did you adjust the controller?
With your right hand, apply the brake (just in case the bike decides that "walk mode" when you're least expecting it might be a lot of fun).
With your left hand, push the up and down buttons at the same time.
Use the mode button to cycle through the settings and up/down buttons to adjust.

Back