Lectric XP

First I installed the saddlebags on top of the spring clamp thingy. Then, realizing I'd made a moron mistake, I installed them under the clamp thing and my shoes hit it when pedaling. Then in a fit of pure genius I cut some of the material away so the saddlebags would sit farther back so I my heels wouldn't hit when pedaling. It still hit it when pedaling. So I'm in the market for some saddlebags. It's not easy being me some days.

I did the same thing except I wouldn't take a knife or scissors to my panniers.

If you take a look closely at this pic, it's possible to set it up further back on the rack and that'll give us a little bit more room so our heels won't hit the bag!

The owners manual I received says I should have access to P01, P02, P08 and P16.

But when going through the actual controller display settings I am seeing P01-P20! Does this mean I got lucky and my controller is fully unlocked?!

You can list all of them, you just probably can't adjust most of them. If you can adjust ones other than p01,02,08, 11 12 and 16 then you got lucky and got an unlocked bike.

Order #4008 arrived yesterday.
Controller locked.
Paint chipping off next to folding latch with ugly bend like someone hit it with hammer. Rest of the bike looks good except the screen which I think is ugly.
Break pads were touching the rotors so I had to make little adjustment and they are perfect now. Cleaned them too and they are as quite as they can be.
Rear derailleur didn't shift to 1st and 2nd gear. Removed the guard and it still didn't shift so I had to adjust it. 30 min and it shifts perfect but there was another problem. Chain was rubbing against derailleur rail , I think that's how you call it , so I had to bend it a little to make clearance for chain . Worked great and everything is working as it should now.
After that I installed new handlebar grips , left mirror , switch for car horn ;) , phone holder , suspension seat post , put 22 psi of air in tires and charged the battery. I also set pas sensitivity to 1 and pas strength to 5 (P11 and P12)
By then it was after 10pm so no fun ride but I did little testing today.
10 miles on odometer with mix of every pas level and throttle took 1 battery bar (not bad).
Seat got to go. Even with suspension post it is bad on bumpy road.
Tires are very noisy and I be changing them to Kenda road tires.
Screen is ugly , I would like it if it was in horizontal position.

Now little on technical side.
Speed won't increase even if you disconnect speed sensor wire (tried throttle only) , it also disconnects speedometer.
Controller is 6 FET only , with no brand name on it , just printed sticker with basic info.
It limits power at 18A so normal current around 11A. ( I think this limits the speed but don't take my word for it ) .
It is around 100mm long and you can fit bigger in frame no problem.

Someone asked if I ordered color screen and the answer is yes. I ordered KT LCD8H screen but if you want this screen you will need new controller too. Original controller won't pair with this screen.

That's it for now , will try uploading some pics tomorrow.

Controller locked.
Paint chipping off next to folding latch with ugly bend like someone hit it with hammer. Rest of the bike looks good except the screen which I think is ugly.
Break pads were touching the rotors so I had to make little adjustment and they are perfect now. Cleaned them too and they are as quite as they can be.
Rear derailleur didn't shift to 1st and 2nd gear. Removed the guard and it still didn't shift so I had to adjust it. 30 min and it shifts perfect but there was another problem. Chain was rubbing against derailleur rail , I think that's how you call it , so I had to bend it a little to make clearance for chain . Worked great and everything is working as it should now.
After that I installed new handlebar grips , left mirror , switch for car horn ;) , phone holder , suspension seat post , put 22 psi of air in tires and charged the battery. I also set pas sensitivity to 1 and pas strength to 5 (P11 and P12)
10 miles on odometer with mix of every pas level and throttle took 1 battery bar (not bad).

Speed won't increase even if you disconnect speed sensor wire (tried throttle only) , it also disconnects speedometer.
Controller is 6 FET only , with no brand name on it , just printed sticker with basic info.
It limits power at 18A so normal current around 11A. ( I think this limits the speed but don't take my word for it ) .

Someone asked if I ordered color screen and the answer is yes. I ordered KT LCD8H screen but if you want this screen you will need new controller too. Original controller won't pair with this screen.

Great post!

Controller locked.

Get to the accessories for xp section and put the information in for the controller and screen. I'm sure there will be lots of folks interested in that in the near future.

Get to the accessories for xp section and put the information in for the controller and screen. I'm sure there will be lots of folks interested in that in the near future.
Would be in wrong category.
Its more like upgrade. ;)
I forgot to add I will be changing rack to double deck rack so I can install 2nd battery on bottom deck and still have place for bag or crate.

Saw this in Vancouver yesterday while riding are e-Bikes. Proof the locks do work. 😙
Yep. As I said, Its EXTREMELY easy to change a setting and you do not realize you did it. All of that though, could have been avoided by either A) put in a sheet of paper in the box that has the settings defaults or B) email everyone the digital copy of that paper when they ship out the bike. But locking out the settings to avoid getting those calls, well, that's probably why we are here having this discussion today. :)
Lol most people figure my tag name probably came from Star trek or Superman comics. It actually came from an episode from the bionic woman. When she went up against the Doomsday computer. It was playing in the background on my very first login to the internet. It's been the name I have used from my first days on the internet all those years ago. You are probably right in them cracking it. I probably could if I really wanted to spend the effort in doing it but I don't really want to do that kind of stuff any more. I'm getting to old for it lol.
Interesting

Yes easy fix and I meant the guard too. It seemed like it had good enough shipping protection. Or maybe some FedEx drivers just mishandled some of the other XP deliveries hence the damages.

View attachment 39367

View attachment 39368

View attachment 39369

I like my seat up high so my legs can get a full long pedal stroke. I raised the handlebar stem to "6" and this combination feels very comfortable. I feel like I'm riding an SUV of ebikes.

My battery is now fully charged and I'm ready to hit the trails!

Order #4548 here.
The packing material has improved since the Aug deliveries. They now have a shield over the derailleur guard. The bent derailleur guard phone calls judging by the number of posts had to have driven them nuts. The seats are now wrapped, where they were not before and and a little more anti scratching foam material.

The packing material has improved since the Aug deliveries. They now have a shield over the derailleur guard. The bent derailleur guard phone calls judging by the number of posts had to have driven them nuts. The seats are now wrapped, where they were not before and and a little more anti scratching foam material.
Mine had it as well. 26 September delivery

Controller locked.

Agree on the seat, just got my Cloud 9 seat that people were suggesting and it made a huge difference.

You can list all of them, you just probably can't adjust most of them. If you can adjust ones other than p01,02,08, 11 12 and 16 then you got lucky and got an unlocked bike.

I didn't try adjusting them, I just cycled through them. I'll try to adjust those not in the owners manual later today. I do wish I had the default settings in case I screw something up.

The printout I've been working off of that someone posted on this forum quite a while ago says default is 3. Is there a new/improved list of defaults out there?
May I make a suggestion, when we post about settings, could we make reference whether the XP bike is "Pre-Locked Settings" or "Locked Settings"? This will help avoid confusion, especially for new members. This is just my suggestion. Thanks to all for the valuable posts and info you all have posted and continue to post.

Last edited:
My XP arrived earlier this morning and when I made it back home I immediately took it out of the box and began charging the battery outside of the bike. It did not have any damage anywhere that I could find. The derailure was not bent, I was able to shift from 1-7. It might need a tune up though as shifting isn't as smooth as I want it.

I then checked bolts and nuts, pedals and other such things to make sure they're all tight and secure. I aired up the tires to 30 PSI and adjusted the handlebar stem and seatpost to my liking. I also installed the panniers just to see what they looked like. They're good enough for me, only thing is the back of my shoe hits it when pedaling.

I wanted to know what the bike would ride like without the battery inside and under my human power alone. I can say that as-is it rides more comfortable than my old folder. It's a lot heavier but it's still feasible especially in 3rd gear which to me is comfortable effort. I immediately felt the difference when rolling over bumps, cracks, sidewalks and small potholes. A lot of XP owners have complained about the rough ride, lack of suspension, lack of suspension handlebars, lack of suspension seatpost, deflating your tires, etc. in pursuit of comfort. You guys are spoiled babies! That means you guys wouldn't survive the 15 (one way) miles I put on my folder when I go for rides. 😁🤘🚴‍♂️💪 It's Rock solid so the XP feels like a Cadillac to me.

(FYI, I'm just kidding I realize we're not all the same age and in the same health conditions.)

The battery is still charging and I'm dying to feel DA POWER!!! 🚴⚡⚡⚡
Good deal and great report on your bike!

I asked this in another thread, but I might as well ask here too. Has anyone from the #50xx range gotten a shipping notification yet? I'm #5119 and I'm hoping to see something this week or the next.
I'm #5093 and ordered the last day of August with an expected delivery date of October?, nothing yet. I'm a 4 hour drive from Phoenix and wonder if they have "customer pick-up" in lieu of delivery?

I'm #5093 and ordered the last day of August with an expected delivery date of October?, nothing yet. I'm a 4 hour drive from Phoenix and wonder if they have "customer pick-up" in lieu of delivery?
Same, I ordered on August 31st at about 10pm and I haven't heard anything yet other than when I emailed Lectric last week and Brent said they suspected that mine would go out this week. I suspect you and I will probably receive shipping notifications around the same time.

The bikes arrive in the Port of Los Angles. Processed at a shipping center in Montclair CA and Shipped from FedEx in Arcadia CA. The only time the bikes see AZ is for a delivery. 😊

Back