Lectric XP

Here are the settings I am able to adjust and the ones I cannot adjust. I'm a tinkerer by nature and look forward to unlocking these and or seeking an alternative. Anyways here's my XP's controller settings:

*=Unlocked

*P01: 1-3 LCD brightness
*P02: 1 MPH/0 KPH

P03: 48V Voltage
*P04: 10
P05: 1 Throttle on/off
P06: 20 inch tire height
P07: 1
*P08: 32 - 45 max speed (KPH)
*P09: 0

P10: 2
*P11: 3 Pedal Assist Sensitivity
*P12: 3

P13: 12
P14: 18
P15: 40V
P16: 0 mile odometer
P17: 0
P18: 100%
P19: 0
P20: 0

This bike definitely gets people's attention (so far in a good way). A gentleman at Target asked me what kind of bike it was and commented that he'd never seen anything like it. Later on my trip I stopped at a pizza place to get a slice of pizza and a guy riding a fat tire mountain bike asked me what kind of bike it was and we got into a long conversation. Another guy riding a bike also joined in. Everyone seems to like it, they were impressed! 😁

Lastly, I received my XP yesterday and since went for a long ride. My Google Pixel 3a's Fit app which uses GPS recorded 28 miles. The XP odometer recorded 22 miles. I stopped and rested a couple times as I mentioned above but for the most part this was a general round trip. I'll record more runs and keep posting my results.

View attachment 39408
P5 = number of PAS levels
0 = 3 levels
1 = 5 levels

He means if you set parameter 5 to “0” it will give you 3 levels of pedal assist and if you set it to “1” it will give you 5 levels and allow you to go faster ( if you also change maximum speed parameter

Thanks for clarifying. But I thought P05 is to adjust whether you want to turn ON or OFF the use of the throttle altogether.

As I indicated above that's one of the settings I cannot adjust as it is locked. My P05 is set to 1 and I do infact have 5 PAS levels so there's that.

P04, P09, and P12 I can adjust. However I do not know what they're for or what they do. I got these default settings from the other thread called "Known Issues..." on page 3. If I read correctly I believe the person got these from Lectric directly.

Thanks for clarifying. But I thought P05 is to adjust whether you want to turn ON or OFF the use of the throttle altogether.

As I indicated above that's one of the settings I cannot adjust as it is locked. My P05 is set to 1 and I do infact have 5 PAS levels so there's that.

P04, P09, and P12 I can adjust. However I do not know what they're for or what they do. I got these default settings from the other thread called "Known Issues..." on page 3. If I read correctly I believe the person got these from Lectric directly.
Sorry, I don’t have mine yet, I was trying to help out with a quick answer. I’ll butt out and let someone knowledgeable give you a better answer. Loving your bike so far? ( I’m 50xx and still no status ☹️)

I printed out this list and that's what I go by. (I haven't tested - I assume it's accurate)
Think this has been posted before but JIC -

What the settings control -

P01: 1-3 Backlight Brightness Adjustment, 1 Lowest, 3 Brightest.
P02: 1 Mileage Unit Setting. 0: km, 1:mile
P03: 48V Voltage Selection Setting. 24V 36V 48V
P04: 10 Sleep Time. 0: No Sleep, Other Numbers Are Sleep Time, 1-60 Minutes
P05: 1 Power Gear Adjustment,
P06: 20 Rim Diameter. Mine needed to be set to 25.5 to correct my odometer
P07: 1 Number of Speed Magnets. Range: 1-100
P08: 32 or 45 Speed Limit: 0-100km/h
P09: 0 Throttle toggle. 0 = active, 1 = inactive
P10: 2 Drive mode.0: Pedal Assist only, 1: Throttle only, 2: Both pedal assist and throttle.
P11: 3 1-24 PAS sensitivity. Higher numbers take more rotation to turn on
P12: 3 0-5 PAS strength. Higher numbers cause motor to come on stronger
P13: 12 Magnet type 5, 8, 12
P14: 18 Current limiting. 1-20 amps
P15: 39 I think this is the voltage where the motor cuts off.
P16: 0 Odometer zero. Long press the upper key
P17: 0
P18: 100%

Here's the factory defaults:

Well I have mine,it comes in a package that is not very protective, but the bike is pretty tough, I would have liked a full suspension, but cost was an issue, the bike has performed well. I did a video on my likes and dislikes on youtube.
I have watch part of the video and a lot of points are being missed. The noisy brakes are easily taken care of by aligning the calipers, which takes about 30 seconds. I did both of my bikes, great videos on youtube, and the brakes are totally silent now. Most of the "drawbacks" are easy fixes found on Youtube. Sometimes it is better to watch than make Youtubes. 😂

P5 = number of PAS levels
0 = 3 levels
1 = 5 levels

Thank you for this! Wish there was a way to do a factory reset. Between the new restrictions on the controller and the long wait. I've gone from 100% for sure getting this bike to undecided. I want an ebike but now I'm between the ecotric 20in fat tire, rad power rad runner, and lectric xp. Can't decide what to do. So frustrating.

Anyone know replacement battery options for the Lectric XP that has higher AH than 10.4???

Everytime I go up uphill on PAS 3, the battery drops to like 25%.. and it scares me.
So i bring it down to PAS 2 (50% battery).. and sweat like crazy and I input so much human power.

Thank you for this! Wish there was a way to do a factory reset. Between the new restrictions on the controller and the long wait. I've gone from 100% for sure getting this bike to undecided. I want an ebike but now I'm between the ecotric 20in fat tire, rad power rad runner, and lectric xp. Can't decide what to do. So frustrating.
Ecotric, Rad Runners, they are all pretty much the same with just a few changes, and as far as the locked out settings go, the other companies just never included that option to start with so people never noticed, until Lectric started putting their bikes out with completely open controls ( which I'm sure now was a mistake they over looked). Still think for the money and all you get with Lectric, it's still the best deal out there. I've had mine for almost 4 weeks, love it more and more every day.

Ecotric, Rad Runners, they are all pretty much the same with just a few changes, and as far as the locked out settings go, the other companies just never included that option to start with so people never noticed, until Lectric started putting their bikes out with completely open controls ( which I'm sure now was a mistake they over looked). Still think for the money and all you get with Lectric, it's still the best deal out there. I've had mine for almost 4 weeks, love it more and more every day.
Could not agree more.

If they are all that similar. Then maybe I should lean ecotric since it's like$300 or so cheaper and no waiting on delivery other than normal shipping time 1-2 days.
No problem, just be aware it's a no name motor on the bike, fenders only cover part of the wheels, no integrated front or rear lights, no rack system, 36V instead of 48V. So like I said, for the money your getting a lot more out of Lectric, and Brent from Lectric was just on here yesterday and said they are getting stocked up so the wait time is a lot less.

If they are all that similar. Then maybe I should lean ecotric since it's like$300 or so cheaper and no waiting on delivery other than normal shipping time 1-2 days.
They are all different. some similarities. If you do not need tomorrow, I'd wait. Who knows how things will look next spring.

I'm not aware of a ebike that's under 1k with 48v 500 watts folding fat tire with fenders and a rack, unless you order direct from china.

No problem, just be aware it's a no name motor on the bike, fenders only cover part of the wheels, no integrated front or rear lights, no rack system, 36V instead of 48V. So like I said, for the money your getting a lot more out of Lectric, and Brent from Lectric was just on here yesterday and said they are getting stocked up so the wait time is a lot less.

I'm not aware of a ebike that's under 1k with 48v 500 watts folding fat tire with fenders and a rack, unless you order direct from china.
So true, and if you order direct from China good luck getting it within several months, and customer care, another good luck on that also. The team at Lectric have been great at covering every bodies questions, fixing any problems, I've contacted them about five times, they always answer within minutes of my asking.

Anyone know replacement battery options for the Lectric XP that has higher AH than 10.4???

Everytime I go up uphill on PAS 3, the battery drops to like 25%.. and it scares me.
So i bring it down to PAS 2 (50% battery).. and sweat like crazy and I input so much human power.
Bret sent me a reply, they should have more in this month

This guy is great when it comes to ebikes and taking care of them. He covers how to buy cheaper but good ebike batteries.

I have watch part of the video and a lot of points are being missed. The noisy brakes are easily taken care of by aligning the calipers, which takes about 30 seconds. I did both of my bikes, great videos on youtube, and the brakes are totally silent now. Most of the "drawbacks" are easy fixes found on Youtube. Sometimes it is better to watch than make Youtubes. 😂
Thank you for pointing this out. I had the same response, as I’m sure most of us rabid Lectric YouTube watchers did

Back