Lectric XP

My test using the 1/4 mile markings on a paved bike path showed the odometer was under reporting by 25%. I watched a video of a review of a white bike and he had a gps program that reported 23.8 miles while the bike's odometer reported only 18.9 miles. A difference of 26%.
Thanks for that information cal25.

Here is mine, the math is up to you. 😁 A 2.2 mile trip, checked with an app GPS and Truck GPS. Bike odometer read 1.9 miles I changed to wheel size to 22.2 and the odometer is right on but the speed is off 1.5 MPH at higher speed. Easy solution for me, left one bike on 20 inch tires and one on 22.2, now I have one of each reading correct. GPS on phone is always correct.
Thanks for that information brobox. So, you have the XP's without locked settings then?

Here is mine, the math is up to you. 😁 A 2.2 mile trip, checked with an app GPS and Truck GPS. Bike odometer read 1.9 miles I changed to wheel size to 22.2 and the odometer is right on but the speed is off 1.5 MPH at higher speed. Easy solution for me, left one bike on 20 inch tires and one on 22.2, now I have one of each reading correct. GPS on phone is always correct.

Or you could adjust your P18 setting to correct your displayed speed then both would be correct. Nah, you should just probably sell your bike. :p

I would do that only in an emergency to get home and put the charger on right way. A constant habit of draining the battery will kill it, but a one time setting, probably not.
If you turn the computer off, then back on, you might be able to eeck another mile or so out of it. Maybe

Or you could adjust your P18 setting to correct your displayed speed then both would be correct. Nah, you should just probably sell your bike. :p
I think somebody (brobox? perhaps others) discovered you can not have both odometer and speedometer correct. If you find a way to make them both correct I'm sure some here would like to hear about that.

I think somebody (brobox? perhaps others) discovered you can not have both odometer and speedometer correct. If you find a way to make them both correct I'm sure some here would like to hear about that.
I will play with the P18 setting against the GPS app and see if I can get them to match. The speed on the bike is up and down so I don't know how accurate it would ever be.

I asked this in another thread, but I might as well ask here too. Has anyone from the #50xx range gotten a shipping notification yet? I'm #5119 and I'm hoping to see something this week or the next.

Lectric said they won't reprogram controller for me.
I already found replacement controller with much better color LCD and it's fully programmable with no speed or any other restrictions.(35mph+)
Just need to wait till Monday to check dimensions of original one and manufacturer that makes the controller because I maybe able to reprogram it myself without any restrictions. ;)
RobK, any update on replacement controller? Sure would like to have bikes back to what I paid for!

Back