Lectric XP

I was hoping I might be able to fit the Lectric XP in my Ford Focus hatch without lowering the seats. The actual folded dimensions seem to be larger than what was advertised. It would've been a tight fit regardless. Still, it can go in the back seat at least. I may have to play around with it some more.

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_174331.jpg
    IMG_20190926_174331.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_20190926_174903.jpg
    IMG_20190926_174903.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 500
This guy has an idea!

Oh you mean for people loading the bike into the back of their suv or car. Yeah, great idea. Most people probably don't have a good way to strap it down so they lay it on it's side. And that means on the derailier guard since you can't lay in on the folded down handlebars.

Last edited:
[LEFT][B][SIZE=16px][FONT=Open Sans][COLOR=rgb(102, 153, 0)]Tommy B[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
You got me
Sooo , your happy to order a new Chey after reading that others that already received theirs state that even though the top speed limit anywhere in the land is 75mph they have acceleration and top speed of 90+mph. But when you receive yours the manufacturer has put a governor on it that limits it to 75mph affecting not only top speed but also acceleration without notifying you of the change. Still happy , just happy to go along? Then you may be the lickspittle part of the flock I was talking about. Happy to give up your personal freedoms to be taken care of by the State?
:)
I did have that happen on my 2016 Chevy Colorado. EPA made GM change the shifting pattern in the computer because it did not meet the mileage requirements after it was on the market...... the changes sucked! It cost me $300. for an after market module to put it back to what it was before. That is part of life, even on a $32,000 truck. Google 2016 Colorado shifting problems. What has Lectric done that was not in the owners manual and presale videos? Not what others were able to do that had earlier deliveries. The top speed of the XP is still 28MPH as advertised.

I was hoping I might be able to fit the Lectric XP in my Ford Focus hatch without lowering the seats. The actual folded dimensions seem to be larger than what was advertised. It would've been a tight fit regardless. Still, it can go in the back seat at least. I may have to play around with it some more.
Just an FYI for others that will be loading their bikes. I loaded mine in the back of my pickup and the derailleur guard bent back to the shipping position. I had a feeling it could only be bent back so many times before it broke, so I ordered and spare from Darceman's favorite site. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32932244373.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.18c74c4d0qLlvw

Amazon still hadn't shipped the seat I ordered (when you quit Prime they punish you once in awhile just for kicks lol), so I cancelled and ordered this one.

I'll let you know if it spells relief.
I have 14 miles on one. Pretty comfortable seat and nice shock absorbing springs
Just an FYI for others that will be loading their bikes. I loaded mine in the back of my pickup and the derailleur guard bent back to the shipping position. I had a feeling it could only be bent back so many times before it broke, so I ordered and spare from Darceman's favorite site. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32932244373.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.18c74c4d0qLlvw
I layed
I loaded my bike over on large pool noodles and the guard just misses the floor in my van.

Is that a custom handlebar that wont fit?

Is that a custom handlebar that wont fit?

No, it's the standard handlebar.

I've measured the bike closer to 37" long and 22" wide. Height is the main problem for my hatch though. The roofline in the back dips down for a sporty look, which doesn't help practicality.

Thank you I so agree with you. I wonder if the bikes were locked from the very beginning I bet you the same people that are complaining would still be ordering them as they wouldn't know differently.

Some yes, Some no. See the problem is they allowed it from the start. If they had done as some other manufacturers have done which is to hide all the other options, then no, If people didn't know it existed they probably wouldn't have cared. Word of mouth is huge for business. It was known very quickly that you can change settings along with what everything does and I guarantee you that gave levtric a bunch of extra sales they may otherwise have not gotten. Again, equate it to buying a car and here is the list of options available on the car. Different options interests different folks. Then getting your car home and finding out the options you wanted, which could have been the reason you bought the car in the first place, was silently taken away. Advertised or not, they were known and they have a few thousand bikes out there with all the options available.

Sadly this is going to cause a couple of issues. Things like we have been complaining about and then here is going to be a bad side effect. Those few thousand bikes that are unlocked, are going to be worth more than a restricted model. I predict you will see them being sold for a decent price hike above the $899 price once folks realize their bikes are "special". It will not surprise me that you will see some showing up on eBay advertising the fact it's fully unlocked. Still, most of those calls could have been avoided with a simple piece of paper in the box with the settings on it or in the email they send you when it's on its way. Instead, they just made a kind of black market for those first bikes by screwing everyone else over. Again, the bike itself is ok. nothing wrong with it, its what they did to people that is the issue here. Sorry, many of you don't see it as a big deal. It's ok if you like what you got, but really, don't try to trivialize the people that didn't get what they were expecting due to no fault on their part.

Some yes, Some no. See the problem is they allowed it from the start. If they had done as some other manufacturers have done which is to hide all the other options, then no, If people didn't know it existed they probably wouldn't have cared. Word of mouth is huge for business. It was known very quickly that you can change settings along with what everything does and I guarantee you that gave levtric a bunch of extra sales they may otherwise have not gotten. Again, equate it to buying a car and here is the list of options available on the car. Different options interests different folks. Then getting your car home and finding out the options you wanted, which could have been the reason you bought the car in the first place, was silently taken away. Advertised or not, they were known and they have a few thousand bikes out there with all the options available.

Sadly this is going to cause a couple of issues. Things like we have been complaining about and then here is going to be a bad side effect. Those few thousand bikes that are unlocked, are going to be worth more than a restricted model. I predict you will see them being sold for a decent price hike above the $899 price once folks realize their bikes are "special". It will not surprise me that you will see some showing up on eBay advertising the fact it's fully unlocked. Still, most of those calls could have been avoided with a simple piece of paper in the box with the settings on it or in the email they send you when it's on its way. Instead, they just made a kind of black market for those first bikes by screwing everyone else over. Again, the bike itself is ok. nothing wrong with it, its what they did to people that is the issue here. Sorry, many of you don't see it as a big deal. It's ok if you like what you got, but really, don't try to trivialize the people that didn't get what they were expecting due to no fault on their part.

Not to beat this to death but I still believe that if you really need to have everything unlocked just buy another controller there cheap...

Spent the day with my girlfriend riding through out Vancouver and Stanley park today. Loving the bikes more and more 😊
Fit in our caravan no problem of course. A little akward to get in and out. Discovered a couple people that quite obviously didn't like e-Bikes. Overall a great experience on the XPs. Oh yeah we didn't even move the battery strength bar and were out a total of 4 hours.

Back