Lectric XP

Which seat? Also, really like the bag on the back, which one is it?
AliExpress of course... The seat was voted top 10 seats in one of the bike websites I found it at AliExpress
C$ 16.14 40%OFF | B-SOUL Insulated Trunk Cooler Bag Cycling Bicycle Rear Rack Storage Luggage Bag Reflective MTB Bike Pannier Bag Shoulder Bag

C$ 16.31 31%OFF | Comfortable Shock Absorption Simple Bicycle Saddle Bike Seat for Woman Male Waterproof Leather Bicycle Seat

Last edited:
Just made my e-Bike legal for trails in BC LoL

Attachments

• 20190926_153148.jpg
    20190926_153148.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 397
I got to go on my first ride yesterday, and maybe this is normal, but I'd like to get your thoughts. As I pedaled, with any of the PAS levels, it didn't feel like I was doing anything. I felt no resistance. The PAS was simply reacting to the fact that I was pedaling, but that I didn't contribute. Is that right? Is that how it works? This is my first eBike, so I didn't know exactly what to expect.
Try shifting to a higher gear. I ride in 6th or 7th gear almost all the time because I like the resistance.

Ignore this man Tommy. From what I've seen Pewag is the best. I've heard of Pewag envy before. It's best to avert your eyes. :)
Im not mad. Anything CAN be broken into. Im a retired Detroit cop and i grew up in the ghetto i know this. Pewag is the best but laclede has cought up. Get a good lock that they cant cut with bolt cutters is all u can do. The lock i got is a laclede that the links fit into with no room for bolt cutters. Im not leaving my bike anywhere someone can work on it with a grinder.

Hey guys took my bike out tonight, I cannot change the tire size, I'm one of the guys that just got theirs this week. I rode to my father-in-law's house. On my phone I turned on "map my ride" it showed 4.9 miles. The bike showed 3.7 miles. I immediately downloaded a new speedo app and reset the trip odometer. Set off again. Stopped when bike odo showed 3.7 miles and checked my new app. Guess what 4.9 miles. I live in an area where the main roads are exactly 1 mile apart so I checked my new speedo app and it was correct. So then rode the bike for one mile on its odometer and check the speedo app, it showed 1.3 MI. So for every 1 mile on my bile odo im actually doing 1.3. Just good to know when your estimating a trip. It also made my 25 mile full charge first run a more respectable 33 miles. Happy trails. Not complaining just fyi. I also posted this on the range link to this thread but nobodys looking or posting there i think.

that square chain that martin has in his video aint no joke either. I got the pewag 10 mm. from murphyidustrialproducts.com check out this video they call it 3/8 here but its the same as the 10mm.
the guys at murphy are great and they ship same day for free. yeah you heard that right same day. doesnt seem right to put it on a lectric
But how is the lock?

Problem is it's easier to carry around a cordless grinder with a cut off wheel and just as fast. Love to see what happens then...
There are videos of people cutting the pewag with a grinder on you tube in a vice and taking a couple minutes. Not the same as real world. Also you will go through several sawzall blades trying to cut it. Just saying

Last edited:
But how is the lock?
It can be picked by a pro. But pros dont usually go around stealing bikes. https://www.westechrigging.com/laclede-chain-padlock.html
Again i got mine from murphyindustrial supply.com. i talked to the guys there a couple times and they seem to be straight shooters if that means anything to you. You might find the stuff cheaper somewhere else but call them they might match it I bet actually they will. They hooked me up. And no I don't work for them. I know I keep showing you pictures from a different company's website but they just have a better website Murphy industrial also shows the inner hardness of a case-hardened chain not the outer hardness call them and talk to them. They are currently out of the Laclede case-hardened 10 mm that's why I get the pewag

Last edited:
Grinder with a cut off wheel... sawzall problem wouldn't cut it
This is 12mm in this video. The 12mm is case herdened 6pct the 10 mm is hardened 10 pct so similar protection on outside just smaller diameter. watch all the way to the end of this video where he uses the Sawzall

It can be picked by a pro. But pros dont usually go around stealing bikes. https://www.westechrigging.com/laclede-chain-padlock.html
Again i got mine from murphyindustrial supply.com. i talked to the guys there a couple times and they seem to be straight shooters if that means anything to you. You might find the stuff cheaper somewhere else but call them they might match it I bet actually they will. They hooked me up. And no I don't work for them. I know I keep showing you pictures from a different company's website but they just have a better website Murphy industrial also shows the inner hardness of a case-hardened chain not the outer hardness call them and talk to them. They are currently out of the Laclede case-hardened 10 mm that's why I get the pewag

That looks like a great setup! Is this the chain you bought? https://www.murphyindustrialproduct...security-chain-sold-by-the-foot-318600-p.html

Yes. They were out of the Laclede case-hardened chain which I had ordered because it was cheaper and just as hard. They had shipped the wrong Laclede chain, the stuff that was just through hardened. They caught it before it even arrived to my house. They have the pewag coming in it's Place for no extra charge. Don't order the Laclede case-hardened from them because they're out of it now and have more on the way. They might make the same screwed up delivery to you. Get the pewag, goodshit. Call them they might work with you. You can switch the locks up and stuff also that they have on their packages. You can get 10% off for ordering online but they'll probably give it to you on the phone too. The Rockwell hardness that they list is the interior hardness not what the exterior is after becoming case-hardened, it's like 62 on the Rockwell scale while bolt cutters have a hardness of about 58. That's what they tell me anyways. They said they're going to update their web page include the exterior hardness.

Last edited:
Back