Lectric XP

? they didn't ask for pic of your ID and credit card or statement with that card? I tried finding a supplier that carried that seat that took paypal but they're the only ones selling it.
Nope, CC only just like Amazon. Seat post arrived yesterday. As for Paypal that one person said they would not do business unless they took paypal, Amazon doesn't take paypal either.

? they didn't ask for pic of your ID and credit card or statement with that card? I tried finding a supplier that carried that seat that took paypal but they're the only ones selling it.
I have not used Paypal when ordering. I have only used my Amex Card which has fraud protection.

Last edited:
Dang, tried another card with same result

Attachments

• AliExpress.png
    AliExpress.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    161.9 KB · Views: 370
Dang, tried another card with same result
What site is alipay.com?
You should be on this site.
Once you place an order a pop up window appears to enter cc info.
Here is the page with the suntour seatposts

Last edited:
I tried to buy something on Aliexpress a few weeks ago with a vendor that had the PayPal logo on their page. The payment would not go thru however. I was not comfortable giving them my credit card info directly so I cancelled my order. I only found one vendor that had the Suntour seat post in a 31.6 x 400 mm configuration. They did not accept PayPal. I have used Aliexpress in the past with no problems using Paypal but that has mostly stopped as far as I can tell.

Alipay is where I get sent when card is declined to verify my card.
Alipay overtook
PayPal
as the world's largest mobile payment platform in 2013 I was on aliExpress and had to find a vendor that took paypal to buy that seat post last week but there is no other merchant that carries those seats

I tried to buy something on Aliexpress a few weeks ago with a vendor that had the PayPal logo on their page. The payment would not go thru however. I was not comfortable giving them my credit card info directly so I cancelled my order. I only found one vendor that had the Suntour seat post in a 31.6 x 400 mm configuration. They did not accept PayPal. I have used Aliexpress in the past with no problems using Paypal but that has mostly stopped as far as I can tell.
I just received that one in, no problem, checked CC all is good. It is the same vendor Darceman used.

Alipay is where I get sent when card is declined to verify my card.
Alipay overtook
PayPal

as the world's largest mobile payment platform in 2013 I was on aliExpress and had to find a vendor that took paypal to buy that seat post last week but there is no other merchant that carries those seats

Now that I think about it, I did use a credit card on a purchase with AliExpress a few years ago. My credit card was being declined and I called my CC company and they were the one that was declining the transaction. Once I told my CC company, they told me to wait a few minutes for an override to take place and then try it again. Perhaps the same thing is happening to you?

Now that I think about it, I did use a credit card on a purchase with AliExpress a few years ago. My credit card was being declined and I called my CC company and they were the one that was declining the transaction. Once I told my CC company, they told me to wait a few minutes for an override to take place and then try it again. Perhaps the same thing is happening to you?

Ok thanks I'll try that

I don't think that's the case here.
Do you think they have time to reprogram every bike when they can't keep up with shipping on time?
Like the the lights or now latches , controller in the bike can be different.

Well, Got my bike today. A day early surprisingly lol. I can confirm those settings are indeed locked. No adjustment is possible. I am not happy about that.
Frankly, I don't care if they got time or not. They could just as easily put a piece of paper in the box with all the defaults listed and that should take care of most of those calls. Now if your speedometer is off, you can not adjust tire size to fix it. Nor can you set a higher cutoff for your battery in case you want it to cut off at a higher voltage to help prolong battery life. See those same settings that people can "abuse" to squeeze out a little faster speed or want to eek out every last ounce of battery power, can also be used for good. This is why I say its really bad for business to pull this kind of crap. It's not their responsibility to lock those settings. I mean, I did just fork out $900 for a bicycle. I shouldn't have to replace the controller on it because a company decides they want to start locking settings that they shouldn't be locking.

1 very tiny scratch on the front right fork, it is deep enough you can feel it but it's pretty thin so not really noticeable.
The pedals appear to be on the right way, no cross-threading. It felt really tight and would not budge using the tiny tool they give you but if you use a proper pedal wrench, you can get 1/4 to 1/2 a turn more in tightening them with very little effort.
The derailer guard was not bent. It appears all the gears work.
The new light and new latches on both the frame and folding handlebar.

It showed it came with a full charge yet putting it on the charger, it took almost 3 hours to turn green. I forgot to look at the voltage before I put it on the charger.

Well, Got my bike today. A day early surprisingly lol. I can confirm those settings are indeed locked. No adjustment is possible. I am not happy about that.
Frankly, I don't care if they got time or not. They could just as easily put a piece of paper in the box with all the defaults listed and that should take care of most of those calls. Now if your speedometer is off, you can not adjust tire size to fix it. Nor can you set a higher cutoff for your battery in case you want it to cut off at a higher voltage to help prolong battery life. See those same settings that people can "abuse" to squeeze out a little faster speed or want to eek out every last ounce of battery power, can also be used for good. This is why I say its really bad for business to pull this kind of crap. It's not their responsibility to lock those settings. I mean, I did just fork out $900 for a bicycle. I shouldn't have to replace the controller on it because a company decides they want to start locking settings that they shouldn't be locking.

1 very tiny scratch on the front right fork, it is deep enough you can feel it but it's pretty thin so not really noticeable.
The pedals appear to be on the right way, no cross-threading. It felt really tight and would not budge using the tiny tool they give you but if you use a proper pedal wrench, you can get 1/4 to 1/2 a turn more in tightening them with very little effort.
The derailer guard was not bent. It appears all the gears work.
The new light and new latches on both the frame and folding handlebar.

It showed it came with a full charge yet putting it on the charger, it took almost 3 hours to turn green. I forgot to look at the voltage before I put it on the charger.
I agree with you that most of these settings that are locked should be unlocked. Especially, the speedometer and odometer being off due to the tire size not being factory set correctly. I pre-paid for one of these bikes too on the understanding that these settings would be adjustable. I will be contacting the Lectric company to voice my concerns on this matter. I want a bike that accurately accounts for the correct trip reading and speed amount.

I agree with you that most of these settings that are locked should be unlocked. Especially, the speedometer and odometer being off due to the tire size not being factory set correctly. I pre-paid for one of these bikes too on the understanding that these settings would be adjustable. I will be contacting the Lectric company to voice my concerns on this matter. I want a bike that accurately accounts for the correct trip reading and speed amount.

I already sent them my email asking how to change these settings. Let us hope it is possible to change them. I really don't want to have to try to figure out how to reprogram this thing or worse, having to get a new controller.

My trip today on a bike path with marker posts every 1/4 mile showed that for every 4 miles on the marked path, the bike registered only 3. I was planning on doing a GPS speed check of the speedometer on the way back but forgot. Does anyone have a percentage that the speedo is off as well? If the speedo is off by the same percentage as the odometer, 20mph indicated would actually be 25mph and illegal for a class2 e-bike.

I haven’t read the last 30 pages, so not sure what you mean by the settings are locked. I can change everyone of them. If you go back to the 30’s pages we posted a chart of default settings and what each P.. position does. Using GPS on my phone I find the speedo highly accurate. Got my XP a month ago. Hope they haven’t changed them. BTW, mine was the first pedal to come off and strip the crank. In about 2 weeks or less got new crank and pedal.

Could you provide me with the place you bought your Cygolite front light and how many lumens it is rated? I need to purchase a front light that will displace a sufficient amount of light while traveling at night.
I think it's 1000 lumens. Bought it about 3 years ago, I think from Amazon. It's on my road bike, and just took it out to install on the XP.

Back