Lectric XP

Well, Got my bike today. A day early surprisingly lol. I can confirm those settings are indeed locked. No adjustment is possible. I am not happy about that.
Frankly, I don't care if they got time or not. They could just as easily put a piece of paper in the box with all the defaults listed and that should take care of most of those calls. Now if your speedometer is off, you can not adjust tire size to fix it. Nor can you set a higher cutoff for your battery in case you want it to cut off at a higher voltage to help prolong battery life. See those same settings that people can "abuse" to squeeze out a little faster speed or want to eek out every last ounce of battery power, can also be used for good. This is why I say its really bad for business to pull this kind of crap. It's not their responsibility to lock those settings. I mean, I did just fork out $900 for a bicycle. I shouldn't have to replace the controller on it because a company decides they want to start locking settings that they shouldn't be locking.

1 very tiny scratch on the front right fork, it is deep enough you can feel it but it's pretty thin so not really noticeable.
The pedals appear to be on the right way, no cross-threading. It felt really tight and would not budge using the tiny tool they give you but if you use a proper pedal wrench, you can get 1/4 to 1/2 a turn more in tightening them with very little effort.
The derailer guard was not bent. It appears all the gears work.
The new light and new latches on both the frame and folding handlebar.

It showed it came with a full charge yet putting it on the charger, it took almost 3 hours to turn green. I forgot to look at the voltage before I put it on the charger.
If mine comes like that I will be asking Lectric for the way to unlock the settings or new controller.
Like you I didn't pay 900 for something useless

I haven’t read the last 30 pages, so not sure what you mean by the settings are locked. I can change everyone of them. If you go back to the 30’s pages we posted a chart of default settings and what each P.. position does. Using GPS on my phone I find the speedo highly accurate. Got my XP a month ago. Hope they haven’t changed them. BTW, mine was the first pedal to come off and strip the crank. In about 2 weeks or less got new crank and pedal.

The bikes they released this month have settings that are locked and cant be changed, I.E. Tire size, low battery cutoff, things like that. There are 3 or 4 settings they have locked to prevent people from changing them.

If mine comes like that I will be asking Lectric for the way to unlock the settings or new controller.
Like you I didn't pay 900 for something useless

Well, I don't consider it useless. but at the same time, I want to be able to adjust MY settings accordingly. I probably could have bought a plain bicycle and an ebike kit and still come out to about the same price with a significantly higher power motor and lots more control over it but They seemed to have a decent deal with a decent sized motor with no mention of locking settings out (i.e. their first batch bikes didn't have this issue) from you and then they do it after you pay for it. That's the kind of thing that really gets under my skin. Hey, maybe its a bug in this batch, I'm hoping it is but the things that are locked just seem too specific to be a coincidence.

I just recently learned about these new bikes with locked settings.

Did Lectric specify what was changed? Is it a new controller or display? If so, does this change apply to the white bikes or the black bikes or both? Is there a specific batch or order numbers this is affecting? My order number is 4548 and still unfulfilled, color black, so does this mean my bike settings will be locked out? Is there a way to unlock all settings if I so choose to?

I'd also like to bring this matter to Lectric's attention for clarification.

Does anyone know of a good bag to purchase that would hold an extra battery? I would like to mount the bag on the rear bike rack for the XP. I have researched several, but don't know exactly how long the XP's battery is in length.

My trip today on a bike path with marker posts every 1/4 mile showed that for every 4 miles on the marked path, the bike registered only 3. I was planning on doing a GPS speed check of the speedometer on the way back but forgot. Does anyone have a percentage that the speedo is off as well? If the speedo is off by the same percentage as the odometer, 20mph indicated would actually be 25mph and illegal for a class2 e-bike.
Before changing wheel size, still at 20. a 2.2 mile trail read 1.9 miles. Changed to 22.2 wheel size and the odometer is right on. Speedometer reads about 1 mph faster than the GPS.

Before changing wheel size, still at 20. a 2.2 mile trail read 1.9 miles. Changed to 22.2 wheel size and the odometer is right on. Speedometer reads about 1 mph faster than the GPS.
P18 is displayed speed ratio.
Play with that to adjust speedo

Here are some of the mods I made to my black XP:

Front Rack.
Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seatpost.
Cygolite Front Light.
Bike Tail Light with Turn Signal - Wireless Remote.
Electric Horn.
Front rack, new pedals, beer holder, black reflective tape too. And a cable lock, oh noooo. Looks great. Did you wax that baby?

Order 36xx delivered monday 09-23. Several settings locked. Pedal assist kicks in way to slow. Also pedal assist appears to go through stages. If im pedaling bike at 4 mph in 0 pas and put it in pas 5 it goes through every stage seperatly. Is this how its supposed to be? 2 pedals pas 1, 2 more pedals pas 2, 2 more pedals pas 3 and so on. I have been coasting at about 17 mph downhill and in pas 5. It took me over 8 full rotations or more before i could feel pas. Im guessing its because its going through the pas stages. I own 2019 rad mini and when in pas 5 it is automatic. Thats why im wondering if this bike is set up like this. Can it be changed in settings and how please. Sorry so long

Jumping in this thread as I ordered mine back near the beginning of August and got it last Friday. Already have a wider set of handlebars coming in, new grips, new seat and the Suntour seatpost. Words cannot describe the enjoyment to be had riding this bike. It is AMAZING, you just feel so free.

A few worthy notes: I am a solid 280lbs, and 6'3". I rode this bike on my normal 10 mile bike path jaunt, came home and still had well over 1/2 charge left. I was also able to hit 30.4 MPH according to my Garmin GPS the other day, on totally flat ground, pedaling my heart out, no downhill start!

Attachments

• 7C3ED93F-001D-4E3E-B689-FD03E67F17A1.jpeg
    7C3ED93F-001D-4E3E-B689-FD03E67F17A1.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 392
  • 153011E3-CA06-4A09-8D69-C65A67D0A2FD.jpeg
    153011E3-CA06-4A09-8D69-C65A67D0A2FD.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 364
  • 528437DA-228B-44CB-B6AA-F7BF25302735.jpeg
    528437DA-228B-44CB-B6AA-F7BF25302735.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 349
  • D2B0FE4F-BDFD-4ECA-A998-C20E0959B75D.jpeg
    D2B0FE4F-BDFD-4ECA-A998-C20E0959B75D.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 368
  • E22C5569-D9BB-482F-97D1-22931A88852E.jpeg
    E22C5569-D9BB-482F-97D1-22931A88852E.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 337
I just recently learned about these new bikes with locked settings.

Did Lectric specify what was changed? Is it a new controller or display? If so, does this change apply to the white bikes or the black bikes or both? Is there a specific batch or order numbers this is affecting? My order number is 4548 and still unfulfilled, color black, so does this mean my bike settings will be locked out? Is there a way to unlock all settings if I so choose to?

I'd also like to bring this matter to Lectric's attention for clarification.
I suspect they left changeable only the settings described in the manual. This is unfortunate, but understandable.

I'm curious about what they have changed about pedals. I kind of hope mine come loose. Then I can remove them, inspect threads, and reinstall using blue lock-tight. I would like to confirm they are not cross threaded from factory. If they are loose then I know they were not likely cross threaded. If they are already tight, and perhaps thread locked in place, I will be reluctant to break them loose (but probably will).

I suspect they left changeable only the settings described in the manual. This is unfortunate, but understandable.

I'm curious about what they have changed about pedals. I kind of hope mine come loose. Then I can remove them, inspect threads, and reinstall using blue lock-tight. I would like to confirm they are not cross threaded from factory. If they are loose then I know they were not likely cross threaded. If they are already tight, and perhaps thread locked in place, I will be reluctant to break them loose (but probably will).
My pedals were coming loose every few miles, put blue loctite on, several miles later no problem, still tight.

Just to post up some information regarding the pedals, obviously if they are cross-threaded for some reason, that is sketchy and you should request a replacement crank arm and pedal if it came to you like that. None of that was your fault, then Lectric should make it good. If there is no cross threading done and they are just loose, then TIGHTEN THEM ONLY, there should be NO use for Loctite in this situation. Based on the threaded direction of the pedals (one normal thread, the other reverse) pedals are designed so they are always turning in the TIGHTENING direction when pedaling, hence they should never come loose once you have them snug, the pedaling action should only tighten them more.

Back