Lectric XP

That is fantastic they are communicating on this shipment batch. A lot less hard feeling that way. The first of Aug orders were at least able to explain to the second group how the shipping works. When we were waiting, after labels were created, we didn't have clue what was going on. With no communication, people were wondering if there were any bikes.
I've heard from some people say that they didn't know where their bikes were in the shipping chain until FedEx said it was out for delivery.

Howdy again, I'm the type of rider that wants to participate fully in the ride and, as I mentioned in a previous post and as pretor pointed out, there in no user participation above about 20mph without spinning like a madman (and I have the larger front chain ring). So I swapped out the freewheel from the standard 14-28 tooth to a DnP 11-28 tooth (like KevCentral did). MAN what a difference. Now in PAS1 I'm in 3rd gear at 10-12 mph, PAS2 in 4-5 gear at 15-16 mph, PAS3 in gear 6 at 20-22 mph, PAS4 in gear 7 at 24-26, and PAS5 in gear 7 (pedaling like a madman) at 28 mph and can feel the limiter kick in. all of this (exept PAS5) is with my normal cadence of about 1 pedal revolution per second.
Of course everyone's bike will go this fast, I didn't change the speed of each PAS mode, I just didn't want to run out of gears too early. This is a huge deal for me. now I can actively participate in my ride up to 24mph and I'm shifting gears again. this was more the experience I was after with an electric bike.
The gearing on the new freewheel is such that gears 1 and 2 are the same, but after that each gear is 1, 2, or 3 teeth lower (less teeth=higher gear). losing a tooth on the rear ring has way more effect than gaining a tooth on the front ring.
anyway, different people have different expectations for how they plan to use their bikes. this worked for me.
PS. for the techno geeks out there, the standard freewheel goes 14 16 18 20 22 24 28 tooth, the DnP goes 11 13 15 18 21 24 28 tooth. 28 tooth is gear 1, 11 is gear 7.
Wow... I am learning so much from this forum that I haven't learned in a decade

Can you change the speed of each PAS mode? My understanding each PAS mode just deliveres more voltage to the motor. I have not got my bike yet. Suspect mid September deliver. Yes, I am chomping at the bit waiting for my first e-bike. I'm tempted to disable PAS and just throttle when I need a boost. I'm not sure if this is possible, I think it might be. As I understand the way these things work, you pick your PAS level - it delivers power to motor when you even pedal a little bit. I think I should have bought a more expensive bike that senses how hard I'm pushing on the pedals. I'm guessing that using the throttle will let me pick my level of assistance. I have a lot to learn about these e-bike things. . .
No, you cant change each PAS level speed. I think you can disable PAS and go throttle only with the settings but you'll have to ask Lectric how.

Can you change the speed of each PAS mode? My understanding each PAS mode just deliveres more voltage to the motor. I have not got my bike yet. Suspect mid September deliver. Yes, I am chomping at the bit waiting for my first e-bike. I'm tempted to disable PAS and just throttle when I need a boost. I'm not sure if this is possible, I think it might be. As I understand the way these things work, you pick your PAS level - it delivers power to motor when you even pedal a little bit. I think I should have bought a more expensive bike that senses how hard I'm pushing on the pedals. I'm guessing that using the throttle will let me pick my level of assistance. I have a lot to learn about these e-bike things. . .
You will need to activate the PAS to have a working throttle. I think this is a safety feature to avoid any accidental activation if your PAS is 0.

21 MILES ON THROTTLE ONLY...Ok guys so I've had my bike since Saturday and I've experimented with all different pas assist modes, throttle only, class 1 & 2 in all different types of terrain for a total of 60 miles with 2 charges giving me a total of around 30 miles per charge...So today I wanted to know what range I would get with THROTTLE ONLY NO PEDALING so with a full charge this morning I tested it...the terrain is completely flat mostly riding on the street little or no wind condition alot of long straight aways where I could maintain 19 to 21 mph about 70 % of the time tires at 15 psi and set for class 2... I only weight 150 lbs and I used full throttle whenever possible...at 21 miles the energy bar started flashing showing the battery depleted and I pedaled .7 miles home , 37412the ride was non stop and it took 1.5 hours. This is a good indication of what this bike can do I'm very impressed with this range in almost ideal conditions...I hope other owners can post their results...

21 MILES ON THROTTLE ONLY...Ok guys so I've had my bike since Saturday and I've experimented with all different pas assist modes, throttle only, class 1 & 2 in all different types of terrain for a total of 60 miles with 2 charges giving me a total of around 30 miles per charge...So today I wanted to know what range I would get with THROTTLE ONLY NO PEDALING so with a full charge this morning I tested it...the terrain is completely flat mostly riding on the street little or no wind condition alot of long straight aways where I could maintain 19 to 21 mph about 70 % of the time tires at 15 psi and set for class 2... I only weight 150 lbs and I used full throttle whenever possible...at 21 miles the energy bar started flashing showing the battery depleted and I pedaled .7 miles home ,View attachment 37412the ride was non stop and it took 1.5 hours. This is a good indication of what this bike can do I'm very impressed with this range in almost ideal conditions...I hope other owners can post their results...
With the hills I have all over the place I don't think I'm going to try that one 😆
Thanks for doing that!

Interesting nobody seems to be able to get the bike over 20mph, when Kev Central and Nomatic Fanatic both got theirs over 20mph on prototypes without the code to make it go faster. Good to know about the Dnp 11-28 tooth, where did you get yours?
I just took my first mile test ride, snapped to 20 MPH 3rd gear, PAS 3 in the length of 2 house. It was a short street so I didn't even open it up. I doubt this thing will top at at 20 with what I just did. I still had 7th gear and PAS 5 left. For the first ride what a HOOT!

Some ebikes do have the ability to change the level of the PAS assist through the computer display, but I am not sure there are any settings in the XP that can do that. The display appears to be quite generic with not a lot of options in it. It would take a software hacker to be able to go in there with a computer connected to the display and change the programming. I also wonder if one could swap out this stock controller with another controller. I think the XP is screaming for a more minimal display. I would also have to guess, though, that the controller is set to operate with the stock display.

EDIT: There is some flexibility on PAS settings according to the manual. Here is a screen shot of the manual's PAS settings. It's not a very precise setting, but it does appear you can control toe PAS assist to some degree.

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 2.00.17 PM.png

Last edited:
21 MILES ON THROTTLE ONLY...Ok guys so I've had my bike since Saturday and I've experimented with all different pas assist modes, throttle only, class 1 & 2 in all different types of terrain for a total of 60 miles with 2 charges giving me a total of around 30 miles per charge...So today I wanted to know what range I would get with THROTTLE ONLY NO PEDALING so with a full charge this morning I tested it...the terrain is completely flat mostly riding on the street little or no wind condition alot of long straight aways where I could maintain 19 to 21 mph about 70 % of the time tires at 15 psi and set for class 2... I only weight 150 lbs and I used full throttle whenever possible...at 21 miles the energy bar started flashing showing the battery depleted and I pedaled .7 miles home ,View attachment 37412the ride was non stop and it took 1.5 hours. This is a good indication of what this bike can do I'm very impressed with this range in almost ideal conditions...I hope other owners can post their results...
That is a very good range for throttle only.

After watching some of the Factory Tour Video from Mikey of EBR. They were showing controller from China with a color display that also had a built in GPS system and Bluetooth where you could connect with your smartphone. Was also curious about a USB port where we could just plug in and get software updates, or even if we could in the future ex-change controller completely . What I saw in the video that these controller had a short cable with a plug that connects to the main cable. If the controller went bad you could just exchange with another.

Last edited:
After watching some of the Factory Tour Video from Mikey of EBR. They were showing controller from China with a color display that also had a built in GPS system and Bluetooth where you could connect with your smartphone. Was also curious about a USB port where we could just plug in and get software updates, or even if we could in the future ex-change controller completely . What I saw in the video that these controller had a short cable with a plug that connects to the main cable.

None of this appears to be an option. I know next to nothing about the electric aspects of an ebike, but what I do know is that the relationship between the display, controller and battery is very specific, and does not allow for easy replacements or component swaps. There is not even a USB port on the battery itself to charge a smartphone. I am presuming that this helps keep the price point low. Make sure your smartphone is fully charged before you ride! ;)

None of this appears to be an option. I know next to nothing about the electric aspects of an ebike, but what I do know is that the relationship between the display, controller and battery is very specific, and does not allow for easy replacements or component swaps. There is not even a USB port on the battery itself to charge a smartphone. I am presuming that this helps keep the price point low. Make sure your smartphone is fully charged before you ride! ;)
I did edit my comment after your reply

Thank you!! I really thought they were made at a factory in Az. That's a big part of the reason I ordered it
I am new to all of this, so please bear with me. I bought an XP and have been following all of the comments on various sites. The XP is for travel. I also bought an Electric Bike Company Model Y. They are in Newport CA. Electric gets frames from overseas, but all the rest of the bike is made in the US. Check them out. Sound like tanks. No gears, but do you really need gears with a PAS. Check out the site; very impressive. Only wish I could have purchased the top of the line. So it goes.

Anyone know if you can utilize the hinge holder with the pannier bag bag or is the only way to install the bag to cover that feature?

Back