Lectric XP

Not trying to be argumentive, just my experience of 18 years in the mail order business. When a product has traveled 7,500 miles by ship and another 2 to 3,000 miles by FedEx, shipping damage is going to happen. A bike can be purchased from a retail dealer, he received the bikes with the same problems and fixed them. He charges upwards of $2,000. for that service and comparable product. I expected a few problems with mine at only $899 with no dealer involved. I have a brake cable I can't keep seated, but I'll get it figured out. I fix it, but as soon as I use it, it pops out again. I'll get it worked out.
I'm taking mine to a E-Bike shop for an inspection upon arrival

Any actual range numbers? KevCentral review was in the teens, not good.

Not trying to be argumentative, but what's your concern about range? Almost every ebike on the market will do at least 25 miles with standard riding, and with some "hypermileing" techniques most of them can do 50 miles on flat ground. There's no evidence to indicate the XP is any different one way or the other.

Not trying to be argumentative, but what's your concern about range? Almost every ebike on the market will do at least 25 miles with standard riding, and with some "hypermileing" techniques most of them can do 50 miles on flat ground. There's no evidence to indicate the XP is any different one way or the other.
Plus, from what I've seen a lot on EBR is that the batteries need several charges before they reach the maximum capacity.

Please go back and read earlier posts. 14 mile range, reported by Kev Central, if confirmed by others, would be a deal breaker for me. Not interested in guesses and speculation.

did you correct yourself?
[/
did you correct yourself?
Sure, many post here about bending it out a 1/2 an inch. I found that reading the posts here I learned what to look for immediately. Cut my learning curve to under 10 minutes. I showed a photo of it in the shipping position where the derailer is against the guard as it is designed to be. I want to keep my guard so I bent it out.

Please go back and read earlier posts. 14 mile range, reported by Kev Central, if confirmed by others, would be a deal breaker for me. Not interested in guesses and speculation.
Most of us just received our bikes Monday, today is Wednesday. Not many of us have had the time to put any test miles on them. Be patient and give it a weekend or two. Kev Central had a proto bike not even geared properly yet. Nothing to go by there, he even said the same thing. Check some of the new Mom & Pop Youtube videos, they are saying great battery life. I would be surprise if a 48v 10.4 amp hour battery would be any different from any other 500w motor Shimano geared bike

Last edited:
I would not order directly to Canada. If your close to a border use a PO box. I once ordered a $50 part from the states that came in an envelope. $12 seemed a fair price to pay for the shipping.... 6 months later I got nailed with $55 in brokerage charges...Its always cheaper to get sent to the states and pick up yourself...
I live in Canada and thinking of purchasing an e-bike in USA and cross back into Canada. Will I have to pay the 13% tax and duties on top? I could just say that it was purchased in Canada before crossing into USA, couldn't I? Last time i crossed into USA i had to regular bikes with me and was able to cross back and forth, no questions asked.

Not trying to be argumentive, just my experience of 18 years in the mail order business. When a product has traveled 7,500 miles by ship and another 2 to 3,000 miles by FedEx, shipping damage is going to happen. A bike can be purchased from a retail dealer, he received the bikes with the same problems and fixed them. He charges upwards of $2,000. for that service and comparable product. I expected a few problems with mine at only $899 with no dealer involved. I have a brake cable I can't keep seated, but I'll get it figured out. I fix it, but as soon as I use it, it pops out again. I'll get it worked out.
Make sure you check the cable. the way it popped out and the angle I'm sure it could be frayed. You may want to replace the cable

So I went back and listened to KevCentral's review again to get those mileage claims. From the video: he did one range test at PAS 5 (full power) with full throttle only - 9 miles. He did two other range tests. Both were at PAS 5 (again, full power), with throttle off the line. The first test got 15 miles in a hilly area. The second test got 19 miles in flat terrain (he could creep 20 miles out if it, he said). Again, all his tests were at PAS 5, draining the battery at full power, which will always give you the least amount of range. These are the best numbers we have right now. As Brobox said, people are just now beginning to receive their bikes, so it will be some time before there are other hard numbers to go on. KevCentral is the best we got, and his review is pretty thorough and positive. If not having more info on the range of the bike is the dealbreaker for you, I don't know what more I can offer you. All I know is the ebike world is replete with similarly spec'ed bikes that routinely get 25-30+ miles on a charge.

I live in Canada and thinking of purchasing an e-bike in USA and cross back into Canada. Will I have to pay the 13% tax and duties on top? I could just say that it was purchased in Canada before crossing into USA, couldn't I? Last time i crossed into USA i had to regular bikes with me and was able to cross back and forth, no questions asked.
Worth a try I suppose

The danger is not only getting caught, but they'll enter that info into their computers and every border guard's screen will flash red every time you try to cross for the rest of your life. I'm exaggerating I hope!

So I went back and listened to KevCentral's review again to get those mileage claims. From the video: he did one range test at PAS 5 (full power) with full throttle only - 9 miles. He did two other range tests. Both were at PAS 5 (again, full power), with throttle off the line. The first test got 15 miles in a hilly area. The second test got 19 miles in flat terrain (he could creep 20 miles out if it, he said). Again, all his tests were at PAS 5, draining the battery at full power, which will always give you the least amount of range. These are the best numbers we have right now. As Brobox said, people are just now beginning to receive their bikes, so it will be some time before there are other hard numbers to go on. KevCentral is the best we got, and his review is pretty thorough and positive. If not having more info on the range of the bike is the dealbreaker for you, I don't know what more I can offer you. All I know is the ebike world is replete with similarly spec'ed bikes that routinely get 25-30+ miles on a charge.
Like you said, let's give it some time for real reports to come in.

Not trying to be argumentative, just my experience of 18 years in the mail order business. When a product has traveled 7,500 miles by ship and another 2 to 3,000 miles by FedEx, shipping damage is going to happen. A bike can be purchased from a retail dealer, he received the bikes with the same problems and fixed them. He charges upwards of $2,000. for that service and comparable product. I expected a few problems with mine at only $899 with no dealer involved. I have a brake cable I can't keep seated, but I'll get it figured out. I fix it, but as soon as I use it, it pops out again. I'll get it worked out.
I think you just need to tighten the cable tension a little. Loosen that lower Allen screw, pull the cable end and take up the slack. the screw may not have been tight enough and when you pulled the brake lever, the cable slid through a little.

Can you have a cold one while he works on it? 😂 Think of the fun working on it an having a cold one you'll miss.....priceless. ;)
Don't have the ability to bend down and do all that. Disabled veteran, I want the bike to get out and get some exercise. I'm lucky that the bike shop near me has already told me they will give it an inspection. I will have a cold one anyway!

If I ever get my like....lol....I'll do some similar tests and share with everyone. Hoping to get my shipping update email anytime now!

I thought the Lectric bikes were made in the U.S.?

I did mention in my second post that I got 23 miles on my first charge with a mix of PAS 1,2,3 and throttle off the start. and had approx. 2 or 3 bars still on the energy bar (I love that term, reminds me to eat a cliff bar).

Sure, many post here about bending it out a 1/2 an inch. I found that reading the posts here I learned what to look for immediately. Cut my learning curve to under 10 minutes. I showed a photo of it in the shipping position where the derailer is against the guard as it is designed to be. I want to keep my guard so I bent it out.
Cool. From looking at several pictures from this thread I realized my guard was also touching the derailleur preventing it from going past 4th gear. But I couldn't get the gears to shift after I bent it back in the correct place. Bike shop told me the derailleur was also bent.
Yes the posts were helpful although I did not realize the derailleur itself was bent. Bike shop fixed it.
Yes the posts were helpful although I did not realize the derailleur itself was bent. Bike shop fixed it.

I thought the Lectric bikes were made in the U.S.?

No ebike on the market that I am aware of is manufactured in the US or Canada. Ebike companies work with Chinese manufacturers to create a specific type of bike, and then they import and sell them in the US/Canada. A lot of these bikes are simply variations on the many "white bikes" mass-produced in China (the XP is one of them). Some are more refined in terms of their exact manufacturing specifications, but they are all manufactured in China.

Back