Lectric XP and Neck Pain

The XP's seat post locking cam has more than enough adjustment to accommodate a 0.2mm difference in diameter without shims. My Satori Animaris at 31.6mm locks as tightly as the original Lectric 31.8mm fixed seatpost. IMHO, the suspension seatpost is DEFINITELY worth it. The difference is dramatic, and now I'd never ride without one!

Bud

I also have the Suntour post and it fits perfectly in the XP. I like my seat high so bought the 400mm post so that there would still be a lot of post in the bike frame for strength. I like this seatpost but have also read many good reports on the Sartori.

THAT IS NOT CORRECT! There are hundreds of us with this seat post and no shim is needed it fits fine no problem. Please use the search function on this site, this has been discussed. This seat post will not be a problem the difference in the size does not effect anything...What do you mean? A similar seat post? So does that mean you did not order the the sun tour seat post for a Lectric XP? If that is the case then your comparing Apple's to oranges as well. The sun tour seat post is 31.6 and doesn't come with a shim the XP is 31.8 ...But you don't need shim. This sun tour seat post has been a god send for all sorts of people on this site...If you don't know don't spread false info

I see the Suntour for 119.00 on Amazon. Is it going to work better than the Zoom post I just ordered? Thanks in advance Darceman!

It's a million times better.. If you look at the design of it you can see there's a lot more engineering involved in it consequently far better product . But buy it on AliExpress...way better price..

Well it looks like I will be shipping back another seat post! Only problem I have with Alibaba is it takes forever to receive your items. I need instant gratification!

Bought the Zoom on Amazon after my ride this morning. Cancelled the Zoom and bought the Suntour on Amazon just now for a Friday delivery. I also bought the Cloud 9 seat to team up with the Suntour. I just need this pain in my tail bone to go away!:) I think Im officialy addicted to Ebikes. My latest quest is what is my back up ebike gunna be??

For those of you debating between the 39 dollar Satori and the 120 dollar Suntour, do yourselves a favor and spend the money. I just took my first test-ride with my new Suntour SP 12 NCX and the difference is night and day. As a 160 pounder, I could not tell any difference between the original seatpost and the Satori. Your tail bone will be thanking you for many years to come!

Attachments

• Seat shock.jpg
    Seat shock.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 411
For those of you debating between the 39 dollar Satori and the 120 dollar Suntour, do yourselves a favor and spend the money. I just took my first test-ride with my new Suntour SP 12 NCX and the difference is night and day. As a 160 pounder, I could not tell any difference between the original seatpost and the Satori. Your tail bone will be thanking you for many years to come!
Its also only $80 on AliExpress 👍 💰

Its worth a grand to my keester!
Yes it's a great addition to these bikes at any price. To get the most out of it....take a hex key with you on a ride and start with the seat post adjusted to the softest setting and go over some repetitive bumps back and forth while increasing the tension till you get it where your floating across the said bumps, not bouncing or bottoming out. This fine tuning helps even more.

Its worth a grand to my keester!
I would suggest ordering the cover as well. It keeps the dust off the lightly oiled mechanical bits.
#Aliexpress C$ 2.64 5%OFF | Generic Seatpost Cover for Suntour Suspension Seatpost Black Protective Case for Suntour NCX Seatpost Finger Protection 1pc

I would suggest ordering the cover as well. It keeps the dust off the lightly oiled mechanical bits.
#Aliexpress C$ 2.64 5%OFF | Generic Seatpost Cover for Suntour Suspension Seatpost Black Protective Case for Suntour NCX Seatpost Finger Protection 1pc

They included it. Hopefully I put in on correctly...

Tried the Suntour SP NCX Suspension seat post from Amazon at $109. I weight 170 lbs and even if I backed the spring set screw off completely I got very little suspension effect, the spring is too stiff for me. So I went back to the suspension post from Lectric Bikes; seems to work very well for me.

Thanks to all who added comments to this thread.

JG

Tried the Suntour SP NCX Suspension seat post from Amazon at $109. I weight 170 lbs and even if I backed the spring set screw off completely I got very little suspension effect, the spring is too stiff for me. So I went back to the suspension post from Lectric Bikes; seems to work very well for me.

JG
You must have gotten a lemon as I am the same weight and mine will go loose enough to make it feel like the bike is breaking in half!

You must have gotten a lemon as I am the same weight and mine will go loose enough to make it feel like the bike is breaking in half!

Im 165 and I agree. Suntour is like I am riding on a cloud compared to original XP and even the Satori...

JG
Either a lemon or one with a spring for a 300lb person lol....there's hundreds of members that have this seat post and have tried all else before and have never returned to go back to another. It's too bad you didn't return it and get another suntour that wasnt defective or with the wrong spring in it. Your missing out on a superior seat post. ☁☁☁☁

I would love to get the Suntour seatpost but even the 400 mm version is not long enough for me. I’m 6’4” and I am near the minimum insertion depth on the stock 500 mm post. I estimate I’d be 2 inches lower with the 400 mm post at its minimum depth.

It appears that 400 mm is the longest aftermarket post available. Has anyone found a longer suspension post?

JG

You might have had it installed backwards. Another poster posted a video of him trying to bounce up and down on his Suntour and it was installed backwards...

I would love to get the Suntour seatpost but even the 400 mm version is not long enough for me. I’m 6’4” and I am near the minimum insertion depth on the stock 500 mm post. I estimate I’d be 2 inches lower with the 400 mm post at its minimum depth.

It appears that 400 mm is the longest aftermarket post available. Has anyone found a longer suspension post?
You could put a sleeve inside a suspension post and weld it together with the stock post to give you more length...

I was wondering if a seat post could be extended. Wouldn’t a weld interfere with the post sliding into the tube? And is it safe to do this? I would think a seat post that breaks would be bad.

Back