Lectric XP and Neck Pain

I have had my Lectric XP now for 3 weeks and have about 150 miles on it so far. I typically ride 5 miles around trip to the Gym every morning plus other rides.

After the first week I noticed that my neck was sore. After thinking about it I thought that I ride faster on the XP than my petal crossover and the lack of suspension is driving the load into my head/neck and causing the problem. Five changes have eliminated the neck pain:

1. Added the Lectric XP suspension seat post.
2. Changed to stock seat to a more comfortable seat; Bikeroo Bike Seat with memory foam from Amazon
3. Raised the handlebars to allow for a more upright riding position
4. Slow down for bumps
5. Reduced the tire pressure to 20 psi

John
From my experience the largest contributing factor to reducing your neck pain was likely raising the handlebars.

I was wondering if a seat post could be extended. Wouldn’t a weld interfere with the post sliding into the tube? And is it safe to do this? I would think a seat post that breaks would be bad.
Not at all...you put a sleeve on the inside of both seat posts and then make a few holes in the 2 posts that you are joining that you would weld..that would give it strength and still be smooth...for that matter have the weld on the exposed portion of the bike..be stronger than original..

THAT IS NOT CORRECT! There are hundreds of us with this seat post and no shim is needed it fits fine no problem. Please use the search function on this site, this has been discussed. This seat post will not be a problem the difference in the size does not effect anything...What do you mean? A similar seat post? So does that mean you did not order the the sun tour seat post for a Lectric XP? If that is the case then your comparing Apple's to oranges as well. The sun tour seat post is 31.6 and doesn't come with a shim the XP is 31.8 ...But you don't need shim. This sun tour seat post has been a god send for all sorts of people on this site...If you don't know don't spread false info
From what I'm hearing, you'd tighten the nut on the clamp a couple turns. Lock the clamp down & your good.

Old thread, new post-I found out the cruiser and higher bars work best for me, with my arthritis and skeletal injuries its easy to upset the applecart, one more "roof fall" would probably do me in,I remember as a young lad trying to do gymnastic crap I knew I couldn't do,( forced to do it by a Jerk PE teacher) I landed square on my head, couldn't breathe for awhile over the years shite like this has a toll, Iused to get neck soreness from driving offtoad trucks that would make you 'booblehead" especially when wearing a hardhat.
My Orthopedic Dr gave me a compliment yesterday" You a tough Guy" from looking at your xrays".
Remember this Guys and Gals( remember this is not medical advice) laying around usually just makes you hurt somewhere else and there is always a shot of cortisone that may or may not help( just use an experienced Ortho Dr) There is usually a way to keep at least some of your mobility and it seems Ebikes really help.

I was wondering if a seat post could be extended. Wouldn’t a weld interfere with the post sliding into the tube? And is it safe to do this? I would think a seat post that breaks would be bad.
All bikes are welded. So the danger is a poor welding job.

Back