Lectric XP 2.0 w/ Thorough Review (link @ the beginning of the post)

Just ordered the 2.0 Step-thru in white. Does anybody know if the XP's battery will work in the 2.0 Step-thru?
I know the original XP's battery, does infact, work in the non step-thru XP 2.0. Whether or not the step-thru models are interchangeable is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
I know the original XP's battery does infact work in the non-step over XP 2.0. whether the step-thru models are interchangeable is anyone's guess.
Just checked the website's Accessories page and there is definitely a difference between the regular and step-thru models. Thanks.

I know the original XP's battery does infact work in the non-step over XP 2.0. whether the step-thru models are interchangeable is anyone's guess.
Regardless of generation 1or generation 2, I thought the battery for the step thru had a more angular end then the step over.

Thanks for posting this, unfortunately pretty much a sales job and a lot of inaccuracies.

Here's a brand new review by an expert reviewer, KevCentral:

You're right @CanoBeyond , like when it came to explaining features, they (they being the couple) really didn't have much to say. All I seen was a bunch of "hey, look @this! Oh, I love that, don't you hun?!" things you would've never heard in a real conversation, lol. But, I did add KevCentral's Review at the header of the OP, because you know it's a real review from a bike guy.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, unfortunately pretty much a sales job and a lot of inaccuracies.

Here's a brand new review by an expert reviewer, KevCentral:

Like the review. I think there are a lot of improvements. I like the 3 inch wheels, wider handlebars and suspension fork. It will sell.

The real question thus becomes regarding folks who bought version 1...will they be able to "upgrade" their bikes to version 2 specs...namely the front fork and 3" wheels w/tires? You just know these upgrade posts are going to come fast and furious...which brings us to the next question...IF you can upgrade version 1 to version 2 specs, then when can these upgrades be available on their web site?

1.0 XP is interchangeable with 2.0 XP. 1.0 step-thru XP is interchangeable with 2.0 step-thru XP. Either original 1.0 or 2.0 step-over XP is NOT interchangeable with 1.0 or 2.0 step-thru models. Hope this helps!
That is correct!
The real question thus becomes regarding folks who bought version 1...will they be able to "upgrade" their bikes to version 2 specs...namely the front fork and 3" wheels w/tires? You just know these upgrade posts are going to come fast and furious...which brings us to the next question...IF you can upgrade version 1 to version 2 specs, then when can these upgrades be available on their web site?
Most of these 20 inch E bikes use the same straight suspension fork tube. There are many shock absorbing forks out there on the market ranging anywhere from $80 up to $200. I’m sure some of these forks might even be better than the one Lectric put on their 2.0. As far as tires go I’m not sure why you would want to change your wheels and tires from 4 inch down to 3 inch. But that’s just me!

Back