Lectric XP 2.0 w/ Thorough Review (link @ the beginning of the post)

Facts. One guy ordered black XP non step-thru Mar 13 - received (@his home) end of Apr. Two of us ordered (Tom & myself) Mar 17 & have yet to receive a tracking number, even though, several times Lectric personally said (throughout this period of time) we should 'expect within a week' an email containing tracking information. That never came. 3-4week initial promise has now (in my book), tripled, to 9 weeks! Sh**ty of them to string customers along no matter if their now millionaires or not. They f'd us, period. Now, if I could just get my OG XP, I may order from this company on down the road IF I've decided it's an exceptional product & was worth the wait. Not until & after I'm experiencing it for myself! I can forgive. I also however, will never trust anything that Lectric says going forward. Ultimately, this falls on Levi @Lectric (their in-house engineer & part owner) as he has stated in the past as the 'shipping' part is "his thing". He would've been in a position to change shipping estimates to reflect real world conditions @the time, he did not. Do I believe the XP deserves all of the praise it has received from reviews, customers, & company staff? Yes. Do I believe they can keep up w/ springtime demand? No. They never have been, not in the three years they've been in business!

Last edited:
So explain your thought. Surely it takes longer than three weeks to ship a bike from China to Arizona and certainly it does not take four weeks to ship a bike from Arizona to any part of the United States. So why the five week timeframe?
"Ships within 5 weeks." I didn't try to overthink those words. I suspect most consumers only care about when it's on the way to their home, not where the bike is built, or Lectric's warehouse in Phoenix. If there's more clarification about what "ships within..." means, please link to that.

Last edited:
Facts. One guy ordered black XP non step-thru Mar 13 - received (@his home) end of Apr. Two of us ordered (Tom & myself) Mar 17 & have yet to receive a tracking number, even though, several times Lectric personally said (throughout this period of time) we should 'expect within a week' an email containing tracking information. That never came. 3-4week initial promise has now (in my book), tripled, to 9 weeks! Shitty of them to string customers along no matter if their now millionaires or not. They fucked us, period. Now, if I could just get my OG XP, I may order from this company on down the road IF I've decided it's an exceptional product & was worth the wait. Not until & after I'm experiencing it for myself! I can forgive. I also however, will never trust anything that Lectric says going forward. Ultimately, this falls on Levi @Lectric (their in-house engineer & part owner) as he has stated in the past as the 'shipping' part is "his thing". He would've been in a position to change shipping estimates to reflect real world conditions @the time, he did not. Do I believe the XP deserves all of the praise it has received from reviews, customers, & company staff? Yes. Do I believe they can keep up w/ springtime demand? No. They never have been, not in the three years they've been in business!
I’m with ya !

By the way, I saw my first XP in my hometown today. The guy looked like a newbie. He said it was supposed to go to some guy in Oklahoma but it got sent to him by mistake, lol.
But seriously, I did see my first one today. I really wanted to stop my car and talk to the guy, but I was in my work car. I also didn’t want him to think I was trying to bikejack his bike from him.
s*it, I should have stolen it! I’d have one now.

"Ships within 5 weeks." I didn't try to overthink those words, and I don't see Lectric touting built-in- China on their website. I suspect most consumers only care about when it's on the way to their home, not the warehouse in Phoenix. If there's more clarification about what "ships within..." means, please link to that.
Well of course they’re not touting built in China but I think we all know that. I really don’t give a s*it where they’re made I’m just concerned with what “shipping” means. OK I’ll tell you what, will leave it where you think five weeks means shipping from China to your home and I think shipping means five weeks from China to Arizona.

Considering how hard it's becoming to get things shipped nowadays, pandemic uncertainties, long lines for gas shortages in the carolinas, pending economic problems, and anxious messages from waiting customers, there's no way in hell I'm upgrading. My goal is to get what I ordered asap. Lectric should have offered the upgrade as a "free" option to everyone inconvenienced by shipping delays. That may not be enough still for those of us who want and like Fat tires.

Considering how hard it's becoming to get things shipped nowadays, pandemic uncertainties, long lines for gas shortages in the carolinas, pending economic problems, and anxious messages from waiting customers, there's no way in hell I'm upgrading. My goal is to get what I ordered asap. Lectric should have offered the upgrade as a "free" option to everyone inconvenienced by shipping delays. That may not be enough still for those of us who want and like Fat tires.
I absolutely agree! Who the hell wants to wait possibly another nine weeks when hopefully we are getting close. Personally, I wouldn’t take a free upgrade if it meant waiting longer, even if they offered it to me.

When they told me how much extra time it was going to take for the V2, I asked if I could keep my original order and also order a V2 bike and have them send it whenever they were able. That was not allowed. They said I'd have to wait until the official release and also pay the higher price. My V1 order is already late. I wish that Lectric could be a little more accommodating since they're not delivering in the time frame they promised. That said, they were very friendly. :)

Well of course they’re not touting built in China but I think we all know that. I really don’t give a s*it where they’re made I’m just concerned with what “shipping” means. OK I’ll tell you what, will leave it where you think five weeks means shipping from China to your home and I think shipping means five weeks from China to Arizona.
It never occurred to me, until I checked in here, that the shipping estimate meant anything other than Lectric's U.S. warehouse to the customer's home.

Last edited:
It never occurred to me, until I checked in here, that the shipping estimate meant anything other than Lectric's U.S. warehouse to the customer's home. Maybe you're right though, and that would explain the interminable delays.
It's supposed to mean the shipping date from their US warehouse (according to their customer service). Once shipped it's in FedEx's incapable hands. In my area FedEx is far and away the least reliable carrier. That probably depends on where one lives however.

It's supposed to mean the shipping date from their US warehouse (according to their customer service). Once shipped it's in FedEx's incapable hands. In my area FedEx is far and away the least reliable carrier. That probably depends on where one lives however.
That’s bullshit! I get my FedEx packages in days, not nine weeks. If that’s the case why did they first tell us the bikes just came into the LA dock after a nine week wait?

That’s bullshit! I get my FedEx packages in days, not nine weeks. If that’s the case why did they first tell us the bikes just came into the LA dock after a nine week wait?
What part is BS? Most people say the FedEx time is about a week once shipped. That said, FedEx in my area is VERY poor so I figure it'll be a little longer to here. You're supposed to be notified when Lectric hands the bike over to FedEx and receive a tracking number. Here's an example: in my case the time from when I ordered to the time it was handed over to FedEx was supposed to be 7 weeks. That time was up a couple days ago. Today they told me it would be shipped next week. If that happens it'll be a week or less late. Not that big a deal, but I obviously wish it was earlier.

So what they want you to believe is that they ship the bikes immediately and it takes five weeks or longer for FedEx to deliver them. Now if that would be the slightest bit true, Contraktor and I would’ve had the FedEx tracking numbers nine weeks ago. This is the first case where I heard that Lectric is actually lying to a customer.

So what they want you to believe is that they ship the bikes immediately and it takes five weeks or longer for FedEx to deliver them. Now if that would be the slightest bit true, Contraktor and I would’ve had the FedEx tracking numbers nine weeks ago. This is the first case where I heard that Lectric is actually lying to a customer.
I give up. Maybe someone else can explain the procedure.

It's been the consensus that FedEx is extremely rough w/ packages. So much so, that Lectric even redesigned the graphics on their shipping boxes to represent a television appliance and adding a quite large 'fragile' placard! FedEx gets A LOT of flak from the Lectric community because of this. I've not in one instance heard of, or even seen, a conversation of a FedEx's driver's incompetence. They've been witnessed carrying XP(s) up long driveways and carefully placing the packages neatly next to each other. In my eyes they are very capable (they bring me my medication, so what if I'm partial!). I'm sorry if the driver(s) in your location are sub par. We have great delivery drivers here!

It's been the consensus that FedEx is extremely rough w/ packages. So much so, that Lectric even redesigned the graphics on their shipping boxes to represent a television appliance and adding a quite large 'fragile' placard! FedEx gets A LOT of flak from the Lectric community because of this. I've not in one instance heard of, or even seen, a conversation of a FedEx's driver's incompetence. They've been witnessed carrying XP(s) up long driveways and carefully placing the packages neatly next to each other. In my eyes they are very capable (they bring me my medication, so what if I'm partial!). I'm sorry if the driver(s) in your location are sub par. We have great delivery drivers here!
It's not the drivers it's the local distribution center. They often hold packages for long periods after they're due to be delivered. Maybe they don't have enough employees. This has been going on for years. I cringe every time that I see something is being shipped FedEx. No problems at all with UPS, USPS or Roadrunner.

It's not the drivers it's the local distribution center. They often hold packages for long periods after they're due to be delivered. Maybe they don't have enough employees. This has been going on for years. I cringe every time that I see something is being shipped FedEx. No problems at all with UPS, USPS or Roadrunner.
Experiment with this- download the FedEx Mobile app onto your phone. Sign up within the application. They'll send out a mailer (via USPS) to your address you registered with. That mailer will contain a code specific to you. Enter said 'code' within the application, once receiving it. Now, anytime anything that has been sent to your address and/or your name will have complete & thorough shipment information. You may customize said deliveries in many ways (remote pick-up locations, sign-for, no-sign, delivery date put-offs, etc...). I don't know that this would give you preferential treatment per-say, but it's worked for me! Try it, takes about 10 days.

The procedure SHOULD be that on their website when listing shipping times they should list “TBD” if they don’t have a clue how long they will be in transit from China. Why make promises they can’t keep. It might get you more business in a short run but it will hurt your business in the long run. It’s not the FedEx transit time that concerns me, it’s the on the water time.

Experiment with this- download the FedEx Mobile app onto your phone. Sign up within the application. They'll send out a mailer (via USPS) to your address you registered with. That mailer will contain a code specific to you. Enter said 'code' within the application, once receiving it. Now, anytime anything that has been sent to your address and/or your name will have complete & thorough shipment information. You may customize said deliveries in many ways (remote pick-up locations, sign-for, no-sign, delivery date put-offs, etc...). I don't know that this would give you preferential treatment per-say, but it's worked for me! Try it, takes about 10 days.
I get shipment notifications for USPS, FedEx and UPS. It’s just a matter of downloading the Apps. It’s not for preferential treatment as there is none. It’s just for convenience sake.

The procedure SHOULD be that on their website when listing shipping times they should list “TBD” if they don’t have a clue how long they will be in transit from China. Why make promises they can’t keep. It might get you more business in a short run but it will hurt your business in the long run. It’s not the FedEx transit time that concerns me, it’s the on the water time.
Simple. Owner putting profits before paying customers. Why up the price to slow incoming orders, when they can keep volume high & put off customers to keep profits high. High internal capital= investor interest. Everytime it keeps everyone happy except for the customer who gets shafted here & there. Kinda f'd up if you think about it in that way... paying customers, cutting into profits? 🤔

Last edited:
Hell ya! Send one my way if I already didn’t have the version 1.0 I like the added mounting points for adding a front rack and rear lock.The 3in tires should roll great and a oil shock will make a much smoother ride as long as it holds up and doesn’t leak.longer handle bars too.Don’t understand some of the snubbing remarks. Probably just some folks that are trying to justify their older version which is great also. But come on guys we ask for these improvements. Mainly front shocks and longer handle bars.You want a stronger motor and longer battery life we would be paying $1600 or more.I’m giving lectric a round of applause for this 2.0 for $100 more.

Back