Lectric XP 2.0 w/ Thorough Review (link @ the beginning of the post)

Black XP.
Found out more information. My neighbor called Lectric about an hour ago and they told him that his white ST was shipping tomorrow (he called them a couple weeks ago and switched from a black ST to a white ST). So I called (just got off the phone with them) and was told that they're NOW shipping in order of the exact model/color and NOT the order date. Asked if I could switch to white and they said no. They now refuse to give any idea or estimate about when the black ST bikes would ship. They said the only recourse was to completely cancel. Jerks. I'm starting to not like Lectric so much. They need new management and they need to start telling people the truth.

Found out more information. My neighbor called Lectric about an hour ago and they told him that his white ST was shipping tomorrow (he called them a couple weeks ago and switched from a black ST to a white ST). So I called (just got off the phone with them) and was told that they're NOW shipping in order of the exact model/color and NOT the order date. Asked if I could switch to white and they said no. They now refuse to give any idea or estimate about when the black ST bikes would ship. They said the only recourse was to completely cancel. Jerks. I'm starting to not like Lectric so much. They need new management and they need to start telling people the truth.

All that aside, I think what your seeing here is growing pains in dealing with people coming out of the COVID-19 lockdown. Now maybe this doesn't apply to you per se, but I am sure if people were still locked up in their houses instead of seeing the end of this thing with the weather getting warmer, that they would be more patient. Personally, I know I would be, but as this nears an end (or just a return to some sort of normal) and as the weather gets better and better, I get more and more anxious about receiving my bike.

They (Lectric) would really do themselves a favor if they could be more accurate about everything. Even if that means marking everything as "sold out" for a period of time until they can get their feet back under themselves and then open it up again.

The other part of it would be for them to negotiate a better shipping deal with FedEx or someone else. From the snippets I have read here and elsewhere, it seems to me that they put the finishing touches on the bikes, pack them up (individually of course) and then start to load a fed ex trailer with them. Imagine how many bikes could fit in one fed ex trailer? They then wait until its full and fed ex comes and gets it.

That isn't efficient from a end consumer perspective, however I understand why they would do it that way, to save on shipping costs and keep prices down on the bikes (which I appreciate!). I can't imagine how much shipping would be if fed ex had to stop there every 2 days to pick up 10 bikes or something.

All that aside, I think what your seeing here is growing pains in dealing with people coming out of the COVID-19 lockdown. Now maybe this doesn't apply to you per se, but I am sure if people were still locked up in their houses instead of seeing the end of this thing with the weather getting warmer, that they would be more patient. Personally, I know I would be, but as this nears an end (or just a return to some sort of normal) and as the weather gets better and better, I get more and more anxious about receiving my bike.

They (Lectric) would really do themselves a favor if they could be more accurate about everything. Even if that means marking everything as "sold out" for a period of time until they can get their feet back under themselves and then open it up again.

The other part of it would be for them to negotiate a better shipping deal with FedEx or someone else. From the snippets I have read here and elsewhere, it seems to me that they put the finishing touches on the bikes, pack them up (individually of course) and then start to load a fed ex trailer with them. Imagine how many bikes could fit in one fed ex trailer? They then wait until its full and fed ex comes and gets it.

That isn't efficient from a end consumer perspective, however I understand why they would do it that way, to save on shipping costs and keep prices down on the bikes (which I appreciate!). I can't imagine how much shipping would be if fed ex had to stop there every 2 days to pick up 10 bikes or something.
Well said !

They have claimed that they're shipping 400+ bikes per day. That said, my issue is that they keep shifting narratives.

I purchased my white Step-thru 2.0 on 5/16. I intend to get on with life and not pull my hair out every day wondering when it's going to get here. It will get here when it gets here and there is likely very little I can do to improve its delivery date. I imagine tying their time up with calls and emails asking about my bike will only contribute to the delay in delivery rather than expediting it.

Reactions: Dex
2.0 comfort package's 'giant seat' has been having problems already. Spring coming undone from the base of the seat's bottom. Cheap seat. Cloud9 better.

I purchased my white Step-thru 2.0 on 5/16. I intend to get on with life and not pull my hair out every day wondering when it's going to get here. It will get here when it gets here and there is likely very little I can do to improve its delivery date. I imagine tying their time up with calls and emails asking about my bike will only contribute to the delay in delivery rather than expediting it.
You just ordered, perhaps in another nine weeks you’ll feel differently. Many of us don’t like to be mislead multiple times by a company that is holding $900.00 from each of us and we have nothing to show for it. Please do tell me how calling customer service operator to inquire about our orders will delay the delivery of our bikes?

Last edited:
Hello all. Well I got a shipping notice from Fedex that my bike is scheduled for Tuesday, June 1 delivery. Says it was picked upon 5/25/2021. So maybe this is really happening.
@contraktor and @Tom J B have you received yours yet?
Do you see movement in the tracking history? I guess thats the key. Where did it ship from? Mine was out of CA, so I wonder if they are subcontracting some stuff out near ports of entry to speed the process?

Last edited:
Do you see movement in the tracking history? I guess thats the key. Where did it ship from? Mine was out of CA, so I wonder if they are subcontracting some stuff out need ports of entry to speed the process?
Yes, I do see movement via Fedex now. It was shipped from AZ. It was picked up and shows that it moved from pick up and then through two Fedex locations already. Currently at Fedex facility in Phoenix.

Do you see movement in the tracking history? I guess thats the key. Where did it ship from? Mine was out of CA, so I wonder if they are subcontracting some stuff out near ports of entry to speed the process?
What does this mean @{tpc} ?
Screenshot_20210526-124314.png

I have no idea. I can't imagine the next closest fed ex shipping place would be in california, but I looked for one in that area mine was coming out of and its a very large facility. But I can't think that fed ex is picking up a shipping container, nor can I think they would have the ability to drive a shipping container hundreds of miles to a place in CA. But who knows?

2.0 comfort package's 'giant seat' has been having problems already. Spring coming undone from the base of the seat's bottom. Cheap seat. Cloud9 better.
Do you have a link to the reported problems? I ordered the comfort package, if the seat is problematic, I may want to change my order. Thanks.

I have no idea. I can't imagine the next closest fed ex shipping place would be in california, but I looked for one in that area mine was coming out of and its a very large facility. But I can't think that fed ex is picking up a shipping container, nor can I think they would have the ability to drive a shipping container hundreds of miles to a place in CA. But who knows?
I think they’re all full of s*it!

Do you have a link to the reported problems? I ordered the comfort package, if the seat is problematic, I may want to change my order. Thanks.
In a private group on Facebook. The man got his 'giant seat', after his first Ride he'd dismounted the XP to find the 'keeper' thingy has came undone up in the body of the seat which mounted to the 'right' 1 of 2 springs of the seat's spring suspension. The pic he posted showed the seat sitting real high on like where your right ass cheek would be planted because of the suspension being 'unlinked'. Lot's of people vouching for the Cloud9, because of it's comfort over the Lectric branded one. (I looked for the post, it's buried too far back approximately 21hrs ago @ time of post)

Back