Lectric Battery Replacement

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
An acquaintance asked for assistance. I know little or nothing about rack batteries. Where can he find a decent battery using the pictured case?
Attachment 2.jpg

Attachment 3.jpg
Attachment 4.jpg
Attachment.jpg

Is that a "lectric" battery? Is there a part number somewhere? Its kinda cool with the gauge on it, but a part number or the specific thing it came off of would help in trying to a find a replacement.

Is that a "lectric" battery? Is there a part number somewhere? Its kinda cool with the gauge on it, but a part number or the specific thing it came off of would help in trying to a find a replacement.
As the title reads, Lectric. No part number and a SKU that is useless.

Well there are a lot of batterys out there that are similar to this, I wonder if he might be able to retrofit a newer one?

I found that, but I think that one has a built in tail light, and I am sure would need to be retrofitted onto the bike. Just kinda looked similar. Where did he purchase the bike?

Thanks. Purchased 6 years ago. Looking for members here that may have ordered this style battery. On the aftermarket. It’s the base and connectors that need to match. But a new case and base would be swell.

Last edited:
Those were likely batteries used in the now defunct Lectric longboard company... or something like that. For 2 ah they probably aren't worth the weight/power trade.

Those were likely batteries used in the now defunct Lectric longboard company... or something like that. For 2 ah they probably aren't worth the weight/power trade.
Yes, the cells are the venerable PF. 2AH is the charge rate. Just like my 7 year old packs. I’m glad those 2A charger plugs are being phased out by good builders.

An acquaintance asked for assistance. I know little or nothing about rack batteries. Where can he find a decent battery using the pictured case?
View attachment 91912
View attachment 91913View attachment 91915View attachment 91916
https://www.amazon.com/Unit-Power-W...s=unit+pack+power&qid=1625364802&sr=8-12&th=1 is what I used. The battery is larger so won't fit the old rack but this link is a combo rack and battery. I just cut the old connector on the bike and spliced it to the new battery cord that comes with it. The rack wasn't to difficult to install. Can still unplug the battery with the cord that comes with it and it has a lock to prevent theft.

Thanks. I’ve had too many problems with UPP. There’s a good builder rep here in Dorado battery threads. I’m going to suggest her.

Back