Latest mirror advice?

The Hafny mirrors are sold as Left and Right units. Did you get a Right unit to be able to mount it below handlebar on left side?
I got the left hand mirror and rotated it below the handlebar. I think it looks cooler this way but to each his own.

Reactions: PaD
@SirJonathan I gotta say after putting about 50 miles with these Jones h bars, I really love them. The 2.5” raise for me is perfect. I’m 5’8” 150” and with the standard bar I was leaning too far forward which numbed my hands and strained my neck a bit. Also, when turning would have to extend much further on one side than I do with these swept back bars. Now I’m in a more comfortable upright position but not so much as I would probably be with the Juiced bikes “ riser and stem. I still lean slightly forward just more of an equally distributed weight front to back. I have a lot more control and confidence with the bike due to the sweep and the rise, whether sitting or standing and makes coming off and on the bike a lot easier.

The Hafny mirrors I’m still working on but this final placement on the bar I think works just right. I’m going to get some for the right soon. And the grips work perfect on them as well, as I’m able to rest my palms comfortably.

Attachments

• 010302BB-7E32-4616-8F04-4D60C1232725.jpeg
    010302BB-7E32-4616-8F04-4D60C1232725.jpeg
    703.5 KB · Views: 1,105
  • ABD89C4A-86CE-4882-B188-13D8216CFB1E.jpeg
    ABD89C4A-86CE-4882-B188-13D8216CFB1E.jpeg
    664.8 KB · Views: 805
  • ACB3CE50-5948-4E4C-B8E3-0BB98B2A4AAE.jpeg
    ACB3CE50-5948-4E4C-B8E3-0BB98B2A4AAE.jpeg
    586.7 KB · Views: 901
@SirJonathan I gotta say after putting about 50 miles with these Jones h bars, I really love them. The 2.5” raise for me is perfect. I’m 5’8” 150” and with the standard bar I was leaning too far forward which numbed my hands and strained my neck a bit. Also, when turning would have to extend much further on one side than I do with these swept back bars. Now I’m in a more comfortable upright position but not so much as I would probably be with the Juiced bikes “ riser and stem. I still lean slightly forward just more of an equally distributed weight front to back. I have a lot more control and confidence with the bike due to the sweep and the rise, whether sitting or standing and makes coming off and on the bike a lot easier.

The Hafny mirrors I’m still working on but this final placement on the bar I think works just right. I’m going to get some for the right soon. And the grips work perfect on them as well, as I’m able to rest my palms comfortably.

Wow! Can't thank you enough Merc! I thought about purchasing their grips as well but it looks like the Juiced grips work well. I really like the way my palm gets some relief on those Juiced grips and keeping them would be awesome.

One last question, please. Did you get the 660mm or 710mm bar? These look like the shorter of the two. I looked at a few pictures online and the longer bars just look too cumbersome for 95% road/path riding.

After looking at your handlebar, the mirror placement looks perfect because your handlebar has a more aggressive sweep angle than mine. I found that the stock handlebar left my wrists in an awkward angle and after riding I developed pain in my wrists. How are you liking the new handlebar?

@KLee the handle bars are awesome. The best modification I’ve made so far due to the slight rise of 2.5” and the 45 degree sweep. It ergonomically fits. It’s like holding on to a wheel barrel and provides me not only with comfort to my wrist and neck, but confidence in controlling and maneuvering my RCS.

After looking at your handlebar, the mirror placement looks perfect because your handlebar has a more aggressive sweep angle than mine. I found that the stock handlebar left my wrists in an awkward angle and after riding I developed pain in my wrists. How are you liking the new handlebar?

I'm looking at the options for handlebars, but I had this wrist pain too my first few rides. The solution for me was simple, I loosened the ergonomic grip and got myself into my ideal position on the bike, including how I hold the bars, and rotated them up so my wrists were in a straight line instead of bent. I'm 6'3 and had a pretty extreme bend in my wrists at the default position.

I'm looking at the options for handlebars, but I had this wrist pain too my first few rides. The solution for me was simple, I loosened the ergonomic grip and got myself into my ideal position on the bike, including how I hold the bars, and rotated them up so my wrists were in a straight line instead of bent. I'm 6'3 and had a pretty extreme bend in my wrists at the default position.
I think it was the width of the handlebar in combination of the angle of my wrists that caused numbness and pain. I'm 5'10" and was not used to such a wide handle bar. I used to ride a road bike with dropped handlebars. Once I got the new bar with the swept back handle my wrists are now in their natural position. Trimming the rotation on the grips were secondary to the angle sweep but also helpful.

I guess this doesn't quite answer your question, but I have a helmet mirror that I really love, made by EVT (their "Safe Zone" helmet mirror). It is very durable, easy to adjust, and has a large viewing area. I tried other helmet mirrors before the EVT mirror, and they were flimsy, difficult to mount, and/or difficult to keep in adjustment.

I hope you find a good bar-mounted mirror for your application!

Helmet for me, it's always in my field of view and can see various areas by changing head position

Back