Kroops OTG (over the glasses) cycling goggles

By the way, mine are version 1 with clear lens. I might consider buying replacement lens, the photochromic one 😊

By the way, mine are version 1 with clear lens. I might consider buying replacement lens, the photochromic one 😊
Hopefully they get delivered in a reasonable time so I can give them a review before you purchase the replacement lenses. Photochromic is a nice convenience. I have them on one of my pairs of prescription lenses eyeglasses but I don’t wear them while biking so not to damage them from, dust, sweat, road debris, etc. Only downside to them in prescription eyeglasses is the quirk if I’m indoors in a place with a lot of indoor light ( ex:big windows) they darken so I’m one of those people that appears to be wearing sunglasses indoors 😎

Last edited:
@Akrotiri: Interesting news for you! I've just been at the Specialized Brand Store Warsaw. They carry exactly 100% Accuri OTG goggles, so the brand must be very good. Moreover, the young mechanic who took care of repairing the front wheel of my Vado owns and uses the same goggles! His comment: "Not cheap but worth its money!" :)

@Akrotiri: Interesting news for you! I've just been at the Specialized Brand Store Warsaw. They carry exactly 100% Accuri OTG goggles, so the brand must be very good. Moreover, the young mechanic who took care of repairing the front wheel of my Vado owns and uses the same goggles! His comment: "Not cheap but worth its money!" :)
Great news because I ordered them earlier!

What's the status, @Akrotiri?
Meanwhile, I have found my tinted Cairn OTG goggles in a box.
They just got delivered this morning!

When I placed the order they emailed me back telling me it was out of stock but the standard goggles with non-photocromic lenses were still available. They came with a spare clear lens so I decided to purchase them anyway since the clear lens was included.

Their big and that’s the point , I tried them on with my prescription glasses and they fit over them like a charm. Build quality seems very good and their quite comfortable because of the foam inserts. Much better than some I have had in the past for water sports.

8EFDBD0C-49A2-48C8-B453-27E2CD695749.jpeg

Good to hear that Akrotiri! I tried the other goggles (tinted Cairn OTG) again: While smaller than those from 100%, these turned out equally good!

1610621119076.png

Last edited:
Good to hear that Akrotiri! I tried the other goggles (tinted Cairn OTG) again: While smaller than those from 100%, these turned out equally good!
Those cairns were no where available for me. They were either sold out or the online retailer didn’t ship here to Greece.

These while bigger get the job done and I needed something for the sun to fit over my glasses. Had to make a purchase now as anything related to cycling or outdoor sports & activities ( even canoes are impossible to find in stock to purchase ) are hard to come by due to pandemic shortages and I fear the supply chain unfortunately won’t normalize until January 2022.

Last winter I biked with some Head-brand ski goggles over my prescription glasses. I'd start wearing them when the riding temperature hit about 44f, in order to stop my eyes watering in the colder wind. These worked fine, but they are quite bulky, and use a 1" wide elastic strap to go around your head, with a somewhat bulky click-buckle on the back - all of this meant careful goggle placement was required to avoid A) the buckle being pinned uncomfortably under my helmet and B) the helmet being forced to sit at the wrong angle/location on my head. It all *just barely* fit together for me and my gear -- but it did. They would occasionally fog up (mostly at stops.) Those same disadvantages had some small advantages, actually -- the big overall goggle size covered more of my face surface (useful on the coldest rides!) and the 1" wide strap could cover some upper portion of my ears (limiting external earmuffs to the really cold rides).
Just got a pair of the Kroops... Noticeably smaller overall goggle size and weight, though they still just manage to sit over my prescription glasses without mashing them into my face (at least trying them on at home!) There's some mild vision distortion in the periphery (where the clear plastic of the goggles is bent in order to form the shape of the goggles.) But I think they'll be alright, and probably less likely to fog up, with little air-holes and slits where the plastic folds...
(Just a hunch - haven't tried them on a cold ride yet; probably this weekend!)

Last edited:
I wear goggles from temperatures as high as 15 C (60 F) down, as fast ride makes my eyes water so early. From the Winter E-Biking Advices thread more than a year ago, I learned I should invest in a snowboarding helmet for the winter. Then, appropriate goggles should come. I actually maintain two different helmet/goggle sets:

Goggles (1 of 2).jpg

Cairn I-BRID snowboarding helmet is for all winter rides. It is behaving as a warm cap, protecting ears as well but not impairing hearing (the earpieces are very special). The helmet is naturally made for wearing goggles, hence the rubber attachment point for the wide strap at the back.

Goggles (2 of 2).jpg

@PDoz has convinced me to use the full-face lightweight Bell helmet for fast rides. Although that helmet has no attachment for goggle strap, goggles fit that helmet perfectly. I wear the goggles with that helmet on the colder part of Autumn and Spring. (Of course no need to wear goggles above 60 F)

1610653688218.png

Practical use.

Last winter I biked with some Head-brand ski goggles over my prescription glasses. I'd start wearing them when the riding temperature hit about 44f, in order to stop my eyes watering in the colder wind. These worked fine, but they are quite bulky, and use a 1" wide elastic strap to go around your head, with a somewhat bulky click-buckle on the back - all of this meant careful goggle placement was required to avoid A) the buckle being pinned uncomfortably under my helmet and B) the helmet being forced to sit at the wrong angle/location on my head. It all *just barely* fit together for me and my gear -- but it did. They would occasionally fog up (mostly at stops.) Those same disadvantages had some small advantages, actually -- the big overall goggle size covered more of my face surface (useful on the coldest rides!) and the 1" wide strap could cover some upper portion of my ears (limiting external earmuffs to the really cold rides).
Just got a pair of the Kroops... Noticeably smaller overall goggle size and weight, though they still just manage to sit over my prescription glasses without mashing them into my face (at least trying them on at home!) There's some mild vision distortion in the periphery (where the clear plastic of the googles is bent in order to form the shape of the googles.) But I think they'll be alright, and probably less likely to fog up, with little air-holes and slits where the plastic folds...
(Just a hunch - haven't tried them on a cold ride yet; probably this weekend!)
Same experience as I tested them out today for an hour bike ride.

They are bulky but they cover a huge portion of the face and protects it from the sun, wind, chilly air and bugs.

I found the strap fine to go over the helmet and I have the goggles positioned so that they don’t obstruct the correct helmet position on my head. The only small issue is that it does compress my nostrils a bit and ofcourse that leads to slightly uncomfortable breathing. It doesn’t mash my glasses to my face which is what I was most worried about so the nose squeezing is a minor inconvenience that I’ll get sorted after a few more rides.

In any case it’s a good buy and I would recommend them as I needed something for eye protection because it’s always sunny or mostly sunny with moderate winds to high winds where I live so it was a necessity for me.

I have a pair of siroko k3 cycling glasses in transit with the opti-clip accessory for the warmer weather and less windy months. The opti-clip however needs to be prescription filled but I don’t plan on using that yet because I’ll use the sirokos when I’m wearing my contact lenses. I purchased the opti clip since it was only 9€ add on.

Last edited:
The only small issue is that it does compress my nostrils a bit and ofcourse that leads to slightly uncomfortable breathing.
Perhaps it is the matter of your helmet? I shift the googles just a tad up my nose and there is no stress on my nostrils.

Back