Known Issues & Problems with Wallke Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Just email our service team or Amazon team, my colleague will send u a new powerful controller.
Is it possible to program the display/controller to activate the regen when you depress the brakes handles? This would help slow the bike down and reduce the wear/tear on brakes and of course charge the battery.

Is it possible to program the display/controller to activate the regen when you depress the brakes handles? This would help slow the bike down and reduce the wear/tear on brakes and of course charge the battery.

When you apply the brakes, the WPA regeneration can be activated. It could have a significant impact on its overall operating condition.
e.g: the causes of equipment(motor and controller) failure

When you apply the brakes, the WPA regeneration can be activated. It could have a significant impact on its overall operating condition.
e.g: the causes of equipment(motor and controller) failure
So you mean can or can’t?

For Wallke research and development- rad power bikes has implemented the brake https://radpowerbikes.zendesk.com/h...45171734-Riding-Rad-with-Regenerative-Brakingregeneration when brakes are depressed. It’s an intuitive application of the feature vs limiting the regeneration to speeds of 13-14mph and really illogical when you are in PAS 0 mode and regeneration is activated preventing you from going faster than 13-14 mph

Edit: I am dumb it's a 13s battery
Wallke responded quick, now sending me a new headlight :)
I just received a x2 pro. I think I was sent the wrong charger. Charger says for "13" batteries and lists 54.6v. Checked it with DVM. I didn't notice until I already had the battery on there for several hours. Battery didn't get hot. I hope it has a decent BMS

Also my headlight plug key is opposite of the key on bike plug. Can't plug it in.

Attachments

• PXL_20210123_000434733.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210123_000434733.MP.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 306
  • PXL_20210122_234003948.jpg
    PXL_20210122_234003948.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Hey! I've had my wallke x3 pro for 3 weeks now. I love it and ride at least 2 times everyday is so much fun and can handle such a great variety of terrain both urban and light to moderate trails, we even did great on a light rainy day a couple days back. Everything had been going great...Until today.....
The PAS just stopped working about 2 miles into my 15 mile ride. I used the thumb throttle to make it through, but no PAS is just simply not as fun. No matter the level (1,2,3) or speed, PAS just won't kick in. Thumb throttle and regeneration all work great. Controller settings have never been adjusted and screen appears to be properly registering speed, distance and motor output/ input. Any suggestions or ideas to get me back out and pedaling??
Same!! I just had mine for two days. The PAS just stopped giving me power mid ride. The throttle still works tho. I just emailed Wallke. How did yours get fixed? I already checked and even reconnected all the connectors.

Same!! I just had mine for two days. The PAS just stopped giving me power mid ride. The throttle still works tho. I just emailed Wallke. How did yours get fixed? I already checked and even reconnected all the connectors.
Hi, had my wallke x3 pro for 3 days. Speedometer started going to 0 when I coast downhill at any speed. I sent a complaint to Wallke. The tech tells me it wont register a mph unless pedaling or throttle is activated. So, come to a big downhill, where you would not pedal or throttle and the speedometer reads 0 until you put power to the motor by throttle, or with the pedal assist. Does your bike react the same?
This doesnt agree with what ive read, that the regeneration wont send power back to the battery unless you are over 14mph... but if the speedometer wont register while coasting, then is there no regen happening? Im curious if your bikes read speed while coasting. Thanks for any input you may give.

X3 Pro ..Aug 2020... I have a speedometer readout when coasting or pedaling.

When I go over 14 mph.. either by pedaling or coasting.. I get a red display with the amount of wattage being regenerated.

When I go over 14 mph.. either by pedaling or coasting.. I get a red display with the amount of wattage being regenerated.
Thanks so much for the reply. I've never had that regen notice. I will contact Wallke again and insist on a different technician who might solve the issue. Thanks again.

How to access the submenu settings on your wallke e-bike.
Max,
Would you post a shot of the advanced settings page as they are supposed to be sent from the factory? This way a user could return to factory settings. Also helpful would be an explanation for each setting. Thanks.

Can anyone here from Wallke help me with this please? The headlight is still stuck on and the battery contacts are still sparking when I close up the bike.
Did you ever get help on this? Just curious..
Having problems with a 3 day old bike, wondering if Wallke services or simply delays until the warranty period expires? Hope you got your issue fixed. Great video of the sparking by the way. Cant get much clearer than that!

Do you think you can take a photo of the regen for me? I’m not sure if I have that.

Do you think you can take a photo of the regen for me? I’m not sure if I have that.
I would be interested in a picture or video of the regen feature working too. The rep wrote me back and said the bike regen, "is non compatible on models through 2021", and my speedometer and odometer will only display when power is applied with PAS or throttle... that seems rediculous... regretting my Wallke purchase about now....

My bike is an x3pro, delivered May 2021. What is your model and delivery date?
Same model same month. Yeaa we literally have the same issues. You should try to test out the speed with strava or maybe with another ebike. The displayed speed on mine is way off. My bike says 26mph (pas 4) but Strava says 18 mph. I mean it really does feel like 18mph. Same goes with the top speed: bike rides at 30 mph but Strava reads 22mph. Just ride and record on all without stopping for better accuracy. I made a new thread again lol.

Same model same month. Yeaa we literally have the same issues. You should try to test out the speed with strava or maybe with another ebike. The displayed speed on mine is way off. My bike says 26mph (pas 4) but Strava says 18 mph. I mean it really does feel like 18mph. Same goes with the top speed: bike rides at 30 mph but Strava reads 22mph. Just ride and record on all without stopping for better accuracy. I made a new thread again lol.
I tested with my phone gps using ways and google maps. Both show the bike slow by 5 to 7 mph from the gps speed. Being off is not as annoying as the speedo not registering as I coast downhill, or simply stop pedaling in an assist mode. And the complete lack of regen is not right after Wallke sent bikes to youtube reviewers promoting WPAS then refusing to make it work.
Your regen is not working either?
Maybe they had too many issues with it?

Anybody find a fix for this yet?

I'm having the same problem. I sent an email to Wallke, & specified how the W-PAS regen feature is talked about in every review of this bike, they even wrote about it in my manual. So we'll see what they get back to me with... but to say our bikes simply don't have that feature is unacceptable, that would be false advertising.

In the meantime, I have half a mind to take my X3 to the one e-bike shop in my city, and see if I can get any answers there... I wonder if the speedo is cause of the issue, and getting that fixed will get our battery regen fixed as well. Really hoping its simple. Its always annoying when things don't work the way they're supposed to fresh out of the box. Especially when they were expensive to begin with...

X3 Pro. Aug 2020 batch

it shows speed while coasting and regen in red font

Attachments

• 9E11F7BB-C394-460B-AB15-0FEDF195ADEC.jpeg
    9E11F7BB-C394-460B-AB15-0FEDF195ADEC.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Anybody find a fix for this yet?

I'm having the same problem. I sent an email to Wallke, & specified how the W-PAS regen feature is talked about in every review of this bike, they even wrote about it in my manual. So we'll see what they get back to me with... but to say our bikes simply don't have that feature is unacceptable, that would be false advertising.

In the meantime, I have half a mind to take my X3 to the one e-bike shop in my city, and see if I can get any answers there... I wonder if the speedo is cause of the issue, and getting that fixed will get our battery regen fixed as well. Really hoping its simple. Its always annoying when things don't work the way they're supposed to fresh out of the box. Especially when they were expensive to begin with...
I agree with you on the frustration. Wallke"s refusal to fix the problem, and their insistance thst its normal, and that we should just accept it is absolute nonsense. I wrote today asking for instruction to do a return, based on fradulent sale. Wallke also 'lent' the bikes to the reviewers that I based my purchase on. Wallke substituted either the controller, the motor, or the display. One or all of those things is changed on our batch of bikes. I've tried local shops and they dont want to touch it for liability sake. Wallke knows what was done. They need to make it right.

Their reply to me:

"Hi,
Glad to hear from you,
I took some times to confirm with my colleague. The display only count miles during pedal assist or throttle mode. Speed is measured at the motor, and is sensed and displayed only when the motor is providing motive power.
Regarding the regen, some 2020 Wallke X3 Pro owners use the regeneration mode too frequently, the controller will always be in an overload state, which is not conducive to normal work and detrimental to the health of the eBike. This regeneration setting is not compatible with the hardware in the bikes up through 2021 and should be set at 0% to protect the controller.
Please kindly check the April Batch 2021 X3 Pro review:
Sincerely,
Wolf"

Last edited:
Back