Known Issues & Problems with Voltbike Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Hi Everyone! I just got a Voltbike Mariner, all good but I'm having a little issue with the lights... they just won't turn off :/

Everytime I turn on the battery the lights turn on. And if I click the UP button the LCD panels changes from on to off and vice versa but tje lights stay on.

Anyone knows a way to reset them? or a fix for this?

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

My Enduro uses an ambient light sensor to determine whether or not it should have the headlight on. Is that the same for the Mariner? And if so is it possible that you've covered it somehow, tricking it into thinking its always dark? Just spitballing ideas.

Hi Chris,

My Enduro uses an ambient light sensor to determine whether or not it should have the headlight on. Is that the same for the Mariner? And if so is it possible that you've covered it somehow, tricking it into thinking its always dark? Just spitballing ideas.
Hi! Yeah I was thinking about maybe being a sensor, but the manual doesn't say anything about it, for what I have read on the manual you turn them on and off manually.

Hmm but I'll check thoroughly if there is a sensor, just in case, thanks for the advice!

Yukon 750 with 1000kms on it, had a big spill and broke the left hand brake. Looking to replace but can't find what / who sells this hand brake with the electical cut-off?

Also, does someone know the "how" to replace the brake?

I contacted Volt twice and have received no response?....

All help appreciated.

Yukon 750 with 1000kms on it, had a big spill and broke the left hand brake. Looking to replace but can't find what / who sells this hand brake with the electical cut-off?

Also, does someone know the "how" to replace the brake?

I contacted Volt twice and have received no response?....

All help appreciated.

This should do the trick.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Hi Everyone! I just got a Voltbike Mariner, all good but I'm having a little issue with the lights... they just won't turn off :/

Everytime I turn on the battery the lights turn on. And if I click the UP button the LCD panels changes from on to off and vice versa but tje lights stay on.

Thanks!
This may be a display issue. Mine was doing the same. Waiting on a replacement display.

Thanks!
I had the same problem, then I realized that there was water in the controller and had to get a new controller

Re: throttle issue.

Was driving down to Vancouver for a weekend, so arranged a time to go to Volt, meet George and get the throttle fixed. Worked out it was a controller issue and George and the team were good enough to replace it that day.

Thanks George. Great to meet you, see Volt and have the issue fixed.

Cheers,

GC

This video was just uploaded. Good repair information for the hub motor. Looks like an easy fix if it is ever needed.

Last edited:
Hey,

This may or may not be covered under warranty (I certainly hope so).

I've ridden the bike for just over 400 miles over a few months and recently took it to a shop for a tune up.

What I thought was a squeaky pedal and stretched chain has turned out to be an incorrectly installed pedal arm that has ground itself out and is now permanently lose and a cassette that has ground out it's highest gear and now skips the chain constantly, making borderline unusable.

400 miles seems far too early for either of these to be normal wear. The bike has barely made it through half of a summer. I am not very hard on the bike, it's advertised as an aggressive mountain bike but it's wearing out fast with simple flat-land use.

Has anyone else experienced this?

did it ever get fixed?

Another great video on how easy it is to replace the gears in the Bafang hub motor of a Voltbike. This is what I like about hub motors. They are so simple, yet small and powerful.

The gears are inexpensive as well (US$42 on Voltbike’s website), and can be repaired by a DIY easily. No need to re-lace the spokes.

Another great video on how easy it is to replace the gears in the Bafang hub motor of a Voltbike. This is what I like about hub motors. They are so simple, yet small and powerful.

The gears are inexpensive as well (US$42 on Voltbike’s website), and can be repaired by a DIY easily. No need to re-lace the spokes.

Thank you so much for sharing. Like you said, simple, small and powerful. Somewhat easy to maintain or fix.

You know this guy is Canadian when he recommends Canadian Tire as a source for the grease... ;)

Be advised, the wire bead on these tires is very tight. You'll nead three of the plastic tire irons, readily available at bike shops. Make sure to torque the rear wheel nuts snug enough not to slip and loose enough not to strip.

Do you use a torque wrench to tighten this , what would the ideal torque setting be I wonder .. I have a smaller torque wrench and was wondering as I have to replace my son's rear wheel as he bent it .. Thanks

It shouldn't be a big deal for a local bike shop.

Hi everyone. I've bought a Mariner type ebike recently here in the UK and have seen a few videos on the controller housing letting water in. The frame on mine is very similar and I found several gaps for water to get in and cause problems with the electrics. I've not had any issues as yet but decided to remedy this before i do. Basically I sealed around both side plates and where the cables enter the housing ( front and back). Here's a link to the poor quality video. No room and bad lighting I'm afraid.

Hi everyone. I've bought a Mariner type ebike recently here in the UK and have seen a few videos on the controller housing letting water in. The frame on mine is very similar and I found several gaps for water to get in and cause problems with the electrics. I've not had any issues as yet but decided to remedy this before i do. Basically I sealed around both side plates and where the cables enter the housing ( front and back). Here's a link to the poor quality video. No room and bad lighting I'm afraid.

Hi guys, I just want to mention that the issue with some water coming inside the controller was factory resolved with the last 3 production cycles. We installed rubber ring on the controller compartment where the wires goes in which works well. There is also hole drilled on the bottom part of the controller compartment, so even if water comes in, it can find way out. (to prevent condensation). Of course you can always use silicon sealant if you think its required. Silicone sealant also works great....it is just a bit messy to install.

Thanks, Voltbike. I just received my new Voltbike, and I didn't know about this...but yes, it's there. One of the reasons I bought a Voltbike Mariner in the first place is because the company seemed to be continually updating and upgrading their products in accordance with customer feedback. I rode my bike through a number of puddles yesterday (snowmelt on the paths) with no issues at all. Thanks, George et. al.

What pressure are you running your Mariner tires please? I had my rear tire 'pop out' when I set it to 25 psi but I think I must have not seated it in the rim correctly. I had deflated it to put some green slime in.

@Ashley64 can you let us know how it is running with the green slime in your tires, I am debating about putting some in mine. I had already many flat tires last season and it is too hard to avoid all debris on the road!

Interesting that you should raise the issue of tire pressure, Ashley64. I was chatting with one of the lads in a local bikeshop (Lethbridge AB) about finding a longer seat post with a built in shock absorber, as I had to swap the one that came with the bike for a longer (but non-absorbing) one. He asked what pressure I was running in the tires. "24 psi", I replied, and he raised his eyebrows. Typically, fat tires run at 5-6 psi, he told me...better for both comfort and traction. I was a bit surprised, so I did a little research, and it seems that fat tire bikes ride and race at around 5 psi, but are most efficient on pavement at 23-25 psi. I suggest a little online research to determine what might be best for your conditions. I've dropped my tire pressure to about 12 psi to see what happens. Perhaps @Voltbike will weigh in on this. I'll look forward to hearing of your experiences.

Back