Known Issues & Problems with Orbea Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Was your bike acting the same as mine with the pink light only on and blinking when the ext. battery was on?
Karl, when you load the app and connect to the bike you will see an error code with an explanation. Someone else in one of the other threads had a similar problem. Check it out. It was a bad cell in the auxiliary battery.

Hi All, I received my Orbea Gain D50 yesterday, went out for a test ride and everything worked fine. I've put the bike on charger for 3-4 hours last night and when I disconnected, switched on and I had the dreaded pink light flashing. No error code in my app, only the red exclamation mark. I tried to disconnect the motor and switch the bike on and then I had the correct error code in the app. I have tried switch on and off several time, but still not working and pink light flashing. Anyone has any idea what is the problem?
In order to see the error code in the app, you must touch the red exclamation mark which should then show the error code at the top of the screen for a moment. You can then take a screen shot with your phone.

Karl, when you load the app and connect to the bike you will see an error code with an explanation. Someone else in one of the other threads had a similar problem. Check it out. It was a bad cell in the auxiliary battery.
Not sure, but I think you are referring to my post. It was not a flashing pink light, it was a flashing purple light. Sent the error code to Orbea and they have agreed to replacing my external range extender battery. Hoping the new battery rectifies the issue. I have had to stopped using my current external range extender battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 553
Not sure, but I think you are referring to my post. It was not a flashing pink light, it was a flashing purple light. Sent the error code to Orbea and they have agreed to replacing my external range extender battery. Hoping the new battery rectifies the issue. I have had to stopped using my current external range extender battery.
Pink, purple, I think it's the same thing.

Hi Orbea Gain owners. I stumbled across this site which gives a ton of info. on the ebikemotion system. Not that I understand any of it, but it might be useful to some of you.

Hi I have a new Gain D30 and have used it twice. On both rides a clicking/clanging noise while pedaling happened. Does not seem to be the chain. Could be the hub. Here is a link to a short video with the noise. Gain hub noise. Any ideas? Have brought to dealer and they are looking at it.

Hi I have a new Gain D30 and have used it twice. On both rides a clicking/clanging noise while pedaling happened. Does not seem to be the chain. Could be the hub. Here is a link to a short video with the noise. Gain hub noise. Any ideas? Have brought to dealer and they are looking at it.
See my video at -
Is this the same noise you are having?
I sent the rear wheel back to the selling dealer and they replaced the free hub but they said what they thought was the issue was after removing the cassette there are 3 screws on the hub that were loose and hitting the cassette. After the repairs it stopped making the noise. Mine only made the noise when coasting.

See my video at -
Is this the same noise you are having?
I sent the rear wheel back to the selling dealer and they replaced the free hub but they said what they thought was the issue was after removing the cassette there are 3 screws on the hub that were loose and hitting the cassette. After the repairs it stopped making the noise. Mine only made the noise when coasting.
I tried to include a short video of mine ... link did not work? My noise sound more like a spoke noise ... it almost rings vs clunks and happens when I’m pedaling with or without actually applying pressure. If it is the hub I kind of want Orbea to send the dealer a new wheel. This bike is less than a week old and was imported directly from the factory in Spain when I ordered it from the dealer (how they are doing US sales now).

I tried to include a short video of mine ... link did not work? My noise sound more like a spoke noise ... it almost rings vs clunks and happens when I’m pedaling with or without actually applying pressure. If it is the hub I kind of want Orbea to send the dealer a new wheel. This bike is less than a week old and was imported directly from the factory in Spain when I ordered it from the dealer (how they are doing US sales now).
I was able to watch your video. Sorry I was not able to be of help.

I was able to watch your video. Sorry I was not able to be of help.
I’m glad they were able to fix yours and I appreciate your comment. I’ll mention to the LBS that maybe they should open the hub and look at it, which led to your solution.

My bike shop says factory evidently did not use "spoke prep" when building the wheel. They put on spoke prep, re-tensioned the spokes and did they did the front wheel also. Tested in their parking lot and seemed good.

I have the same problem as Pete D with my 2018 Orbea Gain D10 with 1100 miles of use. I have never been 100% happy with the bike because when I was looking at the reviews and marketing blurb before I made the purchase I was under the impression that the system was zero drag and despite what a few people on this forum and others claim there definitely is drag. For me, I wanted a bike that I could ride like a normal bike for 75% of the time. I can handle the extra weight, my old mountain bike is even heavier and I never had a problem taking it on fairly long rides in the past. All I need is the motor to assist on the steeper hills, cycling with headwinds and to ease my hip and knee pain if they are playing up more than usual on any given day but now with the additional worry of this new noise I'm wondering is it safe to ride and will it pack up mid-ride? This is so close to being a perfect bike for me but just misses the mark. Has anyone ridden a Fazua powered bike as well as their Gain? I only have a Halfords locally that have Fazua bikes for a test ride but I don't really like doing that as I would have no intention of buying from them. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated as I think it might be time for me and my Gain to go separate ways sadly!

I have the same problem as Pete D with my 2018 Orbea Gain D10 with 1100 miles of use. I have never been 100% happy with the bike because when I was looking at the reviews and marketing blurb before I made the purchase I was under the impression that the system was zero drag and despite what a few people on this forum and others claim there definitely is drag. For me, I wanted a bike that I could ride like a normal bike for 75% of the time. I can handle the extra weight, my old mountain bike is even heavier and I never had a problem taking it on fairly long rides in the past. All I need is the motor to assist on the steeper hills, cycling with headwinds and to ease my hip and knee pain if they are playing up more than usual on any given day but now with the additional worry of this new noise I'm wondering is it safe to ride and will it pack up mid-ride? This is so close to being a perfect bike for me but just misses the mark. Has anyone ridden a Fazua powered bike as well as their Gain? I only have a Halfords locally that have Fazua bikes for a test ride but I don't really like doing that as I would have no intention of buying from them. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated as I think it might be time for me and my Gain to go separate ways sadly!
Hi, for what it's worth the bike shop fix (to add spoke prep or spoke freeze which may be something akin to glue) worked for me ... did a 34 mile ride yesterday without the noise. I have not noticed added drag from the drivetrain and am very happy with the bike (but I also need to be ... this was no small expense for me). Sorry that your experience has been different. Good luck!

Hallo! Is there someone who has this noise? When I slow down or go away, I hear this. If I ride above 5-10 km/h, then I don't hear it. The bike is new and made around 1000 km until now.
It's exactly the same if I take the wheel away and rotate the center of the wheel. It is definitely not the brake. It is coming from the hub.

Last edited:
Could a rear brake pad be slightly touching the disc? When my bike was new the front wheel brake rubbed and it had to be adjusted.

No, it's exactly the same if I take the wheel away and rotate the center of the wheel. It is definitely not the brake. It is coming from the hub.

So after three weeks of inactivity, Orbea service team reached me to help diagnose the problem. As it turns out, this is a simple fix. If your controller is not showing RPM but is showing speed and you are able to cycle through each level then you may want to try this fix. Just in front of the drive side dropout is a little black knob; this is a sensor that reads the signal from the lock ring. This sensor needs to be within 3mm of the lock ring. Loosen the screw on the chain stay, push this knob inward so that the sensor is within the acceptable range of the lock ring and the problem will be solved.

Here is a photo of the knob and the screw which you need to adjust to move this sensor
BC493012-298E-4B37-83EF-65A0188A7995.jpeg

Hi. I have recently purchased an Orbea Gain F20 and have a problem with it - would be grateful for any help. It has been working perfectly up until this morning - when I tried to turn it on it was dead. Plugged it in in case the battery was flat, and it came to life - the app says it is at 90% charge, and it works as expected when plugged in. As soon as I unplug it it goes dead again. If I leave it plugged in it flashes white for a minute or so, then solid white, and the app continues to say 90% charged. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks for your help.

Hi. I have recently purchased an Orbea Gain F20 and have a problem with it - would be grateful for any help. It has been working perfectly up until this morning - when I tried to turn it on it was dead. Plugged it in in case the battery was flat, and it came to life - the app says it is at 90% charge, and it works as expected when plugged in. As soon as I unplug it it goes dead again. If I leave it plugged in it flashes white for a minute or so, then solid white, and the app continues to say 90% charged. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks for your help.
Hi Adrian - I can't help you but I can tell you that I have had exactly the same experience with my 2017 Gain D30 today. It's dead when unplugged and won't turn on. When plugged in to charger seems normal but just sits at 90%.
Have you got anywhere trying to sort it out?

Back