Known Issues & Problems with Orbea Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

It doesn’t feel loose. I’ve tried to rock it on my front brake but feels stable. Maybe it was there before but I’ve only noticed it recently because a bit of rust has appeared. I bought it from Cycle Republic but they’ve since closed all their stores for good!

It doesn’t feel loose. I’ve tried to rock it on my front brake but feels stable. Maybe it was there before but I’ve only noticed it recently because a bit of rust has appeared. I bought it from Cycle Republic but they’ve since closed all their stores for good!

Yeah, I heard they had. If there is no play or movement? Leave alone would be my action, until it anything transpired. Certainly until this crisis is over. Bike shops are very busy at the moment, at least around here they are.

I wonder if anyone ever had this error without an error code? It must has coused the charging, nothing else I can think of...
I wonder if anyone ever had this error without an error code? It must has coused the charging, nothing else I can think of...
Hi g daniel, i have the same problem. 2020 gain d20 only about 70miles on it with power on and probably the same with power off. Charged it,rode to work without power on , switched power on to ride home and got blinking pink led with assist level 1 only. Checked the app only to find a warning triangle but no code.
Azz.

Hi g daniel, i have the same problem. 2020 gain d20 only about 70miles on it with power on and probably the same with power off. Charged it,rode to work without power on , switched power on to ride home and got blinking pink led with assist level 1 only. Checked the app only to find a warning triangle but no code.
Azz.
Hi Azz, mine solved itself, I went for a few ride to drain the battery and then when it got to charged about 90% the error code gone. Very strange but I have no problem since.

Hi Azz, mine solved itself, I went for a few ride to drain the battery and then when it got to charged about 90% the error code gone. Very strange but I have no problem since.
Hi g, i tried that along with all sorts of other things, i tried a system reset (hold iwoc button for 20 secs) about 20 times over a few days and it worked once, cleared the error and allowed me to cycle through all the different assists but after turning it off then back on an hour later it was back. Now in my nearest bike shop awaiting a dongle and new battery firmware from spain, ill keep you posted.
Azz.

Hi, all. First post... I don’t know if this was mentioned but after changing a cassette I experienced a loss of assist with my M30.

The lights came on and I was able to cycle through all assist levels, but no assist. I then reset the controller to no avail. Afterwards, I disconnected and reconnected the battery to the motor, but still no assist.

The cause of the problem it turns out was the axle was not properly seated into the dropouts. This was odd to me, because I wasn’t aware that the rear wheel could be seated in the dropouts if it wasn’t just right in the Goldilocks position.

As it turned out, the bike shop who replaced the cassette somehow managed to do just that, so I could ride the bike but not receive any assist.

Anyway, heads up—and glad to be with you all on the forum.

Hi, all. First post... I don’t know if this was mentioned but after changing a cassette I experienced a loss of assist with my M30.

The lights came on and I was able to cycle through all assist levels, but no assist. I then reset the controller to no avail. Afterwards, I disconnected and reconnected the battery to the motor, but still no assist.

The cause of the problem it turns out was the axle was not properly seated into the dropouts. This was odd to me, because I wasn’t aware that the rear wheel could be seated in the dropouts if it wasn’t just right in the Goldilocks position.

As it turned out, the bike shop who replaced the cassette somehow managed to do just that, so I could ride the bike but not receive any assist.

Anyway, heads up—and glad to be with you all on the forum.
Ok, so this “fix” lasted less than a day. Notable that over the course of a month the garmin displayed persistent ebike error messages “255”. Now it’s just “ebike battery low” even though Iwoc shows 99% charge and cycles through all power settings.

Ok, so this “fix” lasted less than a day. Notable that over the course of a month the garmin displayed persistent ebike error messages “255”. Now it’s just “ebike battery low” even though Iwoc shows 99% charge and cycles through all power settings.

Are you certain the correct lock ring has been used? The Gain has its own lock ring. There ring has about 20 magnets around the outer ring, sending a pulse to the controller and then battery, to provide power. Last person I know who changed cassettes had used the new lock ring without realising and had no power.

Are you certain the correct lock ring has been used? The Gain has its own lock ring. There ring has about 20 magnets around the outer ring, sending a pulse to the controller and then battery, to provide power. Last person I know who changed cassettes had used the new lock ring without realising and had no power.
Thank you, Jaxxx. I checked with bike shop and they hadn’t swapped the lock ring. So, we did the swap and still no assist. The app shows 98% ”bat” but “pow” is 00. I can still cycle through each assist level and the app records each setting correctly, but there is still no assistance.

Next up is a two hour drive to nearest dealer for diagnosis. Bad timing for this to happen with the holiday but...

Hi All, new to the forum and have just taken delivery of an Orbea Gain F30, my first bike with an X35 motor. Just a quick question if anyone can help please, I've fully charged the battery, pushed home connectors and made sure there are no cable kinks anywhere.

This bike has an iWoc trio controller on the bars and iWoc one as usual on the crossbar. iWoc one switches the motor on and turns white, flashes blue, then green, then back to white. If I press to scroll through the assist levels, first press gives me flashing green but will not then advance to orange (although it did once - just to orange) and red. It just stays green and reverts to white.

The bar controller seems to work as it should, scrolling through assist levels, but the crossbar controller doesn't. Does the bar control override the button, perhaps it is designed to work this way, or should the button also control assist levels separately. The bar controller makes a noise (small solenoid perhaps?) when doing it's thing, it also emits a noise when pressing the crossbar button.

I've tried using the phone app to check if there are any error codes but can't connect and the app is really glitchy.

Any thoughts, experience would be most welcome.

Hi All, new to the forum and have just taken delivery of an Orbea Gain F30, my first bike with an X35 motor. Just a quick question if anyone can help please, I've fully charged the battery, pushed home connectors and made sure there are no cable kinks anywhere.

This bike has an iWoc trio controller on the bars and iWoc one as usual on the crossbar. iWoc one switches the motor on and turns white, flashes blue, then green, then back to white. If I press to scroll through the assist levels, first press gives me flashing green but will not then advance to orange (although it did once - just to orange) and red. It just stays green and reverts to white.

The bar controller seems to work as it should, scrolling through assist levels, but the crossbar controller doesn't. Does the bar control override the button, perhaps it is designed to work this way, or should the button also control assist levels separately. The bar controller makes a noise (small solenoid perhaps?) when doing it's thing, it also emits a noise when pressing the crossbar button.

I've tried using the phone app to check if there are any error codes but can't connect and the app is really glitchy.

Any thoughts, experience would be most welcome.

For the cross bar switch, you press, then press again while still flashing to move up the assist.

Thanks Jaxx, that is what I'm doing, but whilst pressing on a flashing green it just stays flashing green and doesn't move up to orange, except it did once and stayed solid orange, on pressing again no flashing occurred.

If I turn off and start again, it reverts to green, press it and green flashes, press it again and stays flashing green - no change of assist level, but the bar controller does move on through the assist levels normally . Just wondering if anyone with the bar controller has this issue, or if it is supposed to be like this.

Hallo!!
I am new to electric bike world! I have just bought the Orbea Gain M10i. I have the 25 Km/h version.
I have only made one small ride and I have some questions please!
1. What is the Pow in the ebikemotion app?
2. What is the RPM in the app? I am asking this, because this is definitive not my rpm/min. It goes above 200 and it is always showing many rpm. It counts even if I have level 0. I have read in this forum that this is motor rpm. I think I also read, that if the level is 0, then the motor is not working at all and the rpm is 0. But I don't have 0. There is always a very sooth drag, that I fill it all the time. Ebikemotion claims that this motor is drag free.
What is your RPM when there is level 0?
Thank You!

Hallo!!
I am new to electric bike world! I have just bought the Orbea Gain M10i. I have the 25 Km/h version.
I have only made one small ride and I have some questions please!
1. What is the Pow in the ebikemotion app?
2. What is the RPM in the app? I am asking this, because this is definitive not my rpm/min. It goes above 200 and it is always showing many rpm. It counts even if I have level 0. I have read in this forum that this is motor rpm. I think I also read, that if the level is 0, then the motor is not working at all and the rpm is 0. But I don't have 0. There is always a very sooth drag, that I fill it all the time. Ebikemotion claims that this motor is drag free.
What is your RPM when there is level 0?
Thank You!
I haven't used the app in a while. I would think Pow is power in watts. This is what I wrote more than a year ago. Rpm is motor rpm.

"I noticed something today riding my bike with the app. I set to assist to Level 0 (no assist), and while pedaling under 20 mph, the motor rpm was 200-250 (same as if it were under powered assist). When I pedaled over 20 mph, the motor rpm dropped to ~44. So, am I wasting my pedaling effort by spinning the motor? I thought there was supposed to be no drag when the motor is off. I actually didn't feel any drag though. Curious. I might email Orbea about this."

I too have experienced the pink flashing on numerous occasions. Turning it off and on usually fixed it and often came back after a ride when I plugged in to charge. The issue did not start until I got my Extender Battery.

Orbea US decided to change out my charge port. Unfortunately, before the part arrived and they could make the repair I had a pretty severe crash hitting a large rock while going down a hill at about 50kph. Had to to some other repairs to the bike and to me. (Partial tear in rotator cuff.)

Have had all the repairs done but have not yet been able to ride the bike to see if the pink light issue is gone. I'll keep you posted but it will be early February before I can test it out.
I just started having the pink light flashing. When I turn on the bike, the pink light immediately starts to flash... but ONLY when the extender battery is on. If I leave the ext. battery off then everything works fine. And both batteries (internal and external) worked well together for several months until now. Any ideas???

MikeDee, thank You for the answer. I have just checked it by turn the bike upside down and turn the cranks. Above 30km/h the rpm goes down to ~15 - ~44, regardless the levels. But to me, with the hands, it feels that it has always the same drag.
Is this by others the same? If yes, then there is no issue with the bike and I have to live with that.
Other than this, the bike is perfect!
I will report as soon as have some testings.

I just started having the pink light flashing. When I turn on the bike, the pink light immediately starts to flash... but ONLY when the extender battery is on. If I leave the ext. battery off then everything works fine. And both batteries (internal and external) worked well together for several months until now. Any ideas???
Orbea changed out my charge port on the bike and I have not had an issue since.

Back