Known Issues & Problems with Lectric eBikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

My new XP had a failed battery after the first 13 miles (and if that isn't enough), the derailleur hanger was bent and the brakes were not adjusted right. One was too tight and rubbing where you couldn't spin the wheel freely, and the other was too loose where the handle touched the hand grip when applied. In short, the bike in my opinion has very very poor quality control and it sure appears the assemblers are just pushing these bikes out the door as fast as possible. I stand by that.

Good! Out the door ASAP! Your battery is a bummer, the rest is expected. Every new bike needs a little tune up after leaving the factory. Buy from a store they do it for you, buy online and do it yourself.

Sorry, not picking on you. I just have to remind myself this forum is full of pleebs who can't tighten a quick release seat post let alone any real wrenching...

Good! Out the door ASAP! Your battery is a bummer, the rest is expected. Every new bike needs a little tune up after leaving the factory. Buy from a store they do it for you, buy online and do it yourself.

Sorry, not picking on you. I just have to remind myself this forum is full of pleebs who can't tighten a quick release seat post let alone any real wrenching...

I agree. I used to fix my bike as a kid and now that I am a new EBike owner, I look forward to the challenges. If you cant fix it with intuition and a little common sense, there is almost certainly a Youtube vid on just about every issue an Ebike owner could experience.

Is it normal for the chain to skip to a different gear after a big bump? I went over a speed bump at about 15mph and the chain went from 4-3 by itself.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Lectric eBikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Lectric eBikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Hey all! New here and just got an XP about a month and a half ago. 163 miles on it and I'm having E 007 and E 009 errors whenever I hit bumps. Sometimes reattaching and reattaching the motor cable helps and I've tried looking at the controller panel. It didn't help but I'm thinking maybe I should unplug and replug in everything. If anyone has any advice I'd super appreciate it!!

Hey all! New here and just got an XP about a month and a half ago. 163 miles on it and I'm having E 007 and E 009 errors whenever I hit bumps. Sometimes reattaching and reattaching the motor cable helps and I've tried looking at the controller panel. It didn't help but I'm thinking maybe I should unplug and replug in everything. If anyone has any advice I'd super appreciate it!!
Your idea may be a good start...make sure when unplugging you line up the arrows on the plugs....good luck.. Regardless if you can't fix it Lectric will help you. Welcome to the Lectric family...

There's a youtuber that went through his electrical and I believe he said Lectric recommended to put dielectric grease on the connection points. Here's his video.
. IMO if done correctly, it probably wouldn't hurt. He has a different electrical issue but this still might help in your case. Just passing along info that I came across.

Mine had a minor problem.

The first ride was great. We then parked it, and messed with the key to turn it off. On the 2nd ride, it was very slow, and hesitated. Lots of delay before throttle or PAS would work, and then very weak. Turning the controller off/on didn't help.

But re-doing the key fixed it. The key might not have been turned to 'on' as far as it could have been. I think the key might be moving some electrical connections into place. So, if it is not fully on, things might not work well. No problem with that since then.

The only thing I don't like right now is that PAS3,4,5 are all the same when in class2 mode. They don't scale to match the 20mph top speed. The gap between pas2 and pas3 is too big.

Mine had a minor problem.

The first ride was great. We then parked it, and messed with the key to turn it off. On the 2nd ride, it was very slow, and hesitated. Lots of delay before throttle or PAS would work, and then very weak. Turning the controller off/on didn't help.

But re-doing the key fixed it. The key might not have been turned to 'on' as far as it could have been. I think the key might be moving some electrical connections into place. So, if it is not fully on, things might not work well. No problem with that since then.

The only thing I don't like right now is that PAS3,4,5 are all the same when in class2 mode. They don't scale to match the 20mph top speed. The gap between pas2 and pas3 is too big.
I think they "over thought" the PAS system. It doesn't need 5 levels of assist in Class 2 mode... and yes, going from PAS-2 to PAS-3 is way too aggressive and once you get to 4 and 5 there is not enough difference to matter between the two. I would re-program the system so that under the Class 2 setting, there would be only 4 PAS modes available...and reserve the 5th PAS mode for the Class 3 setting.

This is why I think 9 levels of PAS would be overkill... esp if 5 levels of PAS are too much.
If you are riding with a non-ebike cyclist, you need to be able modulate the speed in small increments. The difference between maintaining 13mph and 15mph can be significant to an average human cyclist. The 11-18 gap between PAS 2 and 3 is massive.

If you are riding with a non-ebike cyclist, you need to be able modulate the speed in small increments. The difference between maintaining 13mph and 15mph can be significant to an average human cyclist. The 11-18 gap between PAS 2 and 3 is massive.
Lectric xp is a $900 e bike. If you want to be able to adjust levels of assist you are going to have to pay more.

any suggestions or links to a new controller?
No, I know there are lots of people using simple brushless controllers on their powered skate boards and kick bikes and I plan to research more eventually but don't know anything helpful yet...

Lectric xp is a $900 e bike. If you want to be able to adjust levels of assist you are going to have to pay more.
Thats silly. A simple software change in the controller would increase the number of PAS levels, or space them out better. You'll have to pay more for a proper torque-sensing PAS system, which is not what I was talking about.

I received my Lectric XP today and after unpacking the bike I realized I couldn't unfold it because the pins on the terminal don't line up with slots in the battery. Has anybody else seen this?
Lectric XP.jpg

Back