Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

FYI, 19.2 ah batteries shipping in 2-3 weeks, ish, instead of mid-March.

Email I received from Juiced:

"We are currently awaiting an air shipment of 19 Ah battery packs. Unfortunately, this is what is holding your bike from shipping. We expect them to arrive within the next couple of weeks, if not sooner. "
That's good to know; I also have a bike on order with this new pack. Thanks for heads up.

Did your email have an info on the 52V battery timeframe?
I ordered mine with the 52v battery and got the same basic message: "Currently, we are awaiting an air shipment of 21 Ah battery packs from the factor overseas. This is what will unfortunately delay your order slightly" to be exact. So basically, I don't think they have ANY batteries in, and apparently don't know when they'll "air ship."

We'll all keep anxiously awaiting that wonderful "Your order has shipped' e-mailed, because THEN we'll know for sure. I hope.

Oh man...now you've got me thinking John. (With those two if you expect a pissing contest, you'll never be disappointed.) I see on social media that Juiced has already shipped the RipCurrent S' with the dinky batteries, but no sign of the newer ones so you might be right. Gawd, I hope not. I bought (and paid for) mine on Jan 1st

Beware the Ides of March...

Thing is most people don't realize just how many American jobs hinge on the China trade. Think of all the small entrepeneurs, (sp.?)
You can order something from ebay & wait weeks for it to come from China or pay a couple more bucks & get from a guy here
that already did that. Sad as it may be, we've already lost the industrial revolution. The only way we might begin to compete with
China's cheap labor pool is if the cost of living here were to drop drastically. There they only pay 15% of income for housing.

& now back to known issues.... tossing the chain has become increasingly frequent. This is not surprising considering
750 miles on wet dirty streets up & down loaded. (my CCS is my grocery getter) Have ordered a 9 spd Sram chain with 2 fewer
links than the stock KMC. This one will likely wear quickly too; I'm hard on stuff. The KMC has become seriously sloppy.

& now back to known issues.... tossing the chain has become increasingly frequent. This is not surprising considering
750 miles on wet dirty streets up & down loaded. (my CCS is my grocery getter) Have ordered a 9 spd Sram chain with 2 fewer
links than the stock KMC. This one will likely wear quickly too; I'm hard on stuff. The KMC has become seriously sloppy.
Can you just take a link off?

Can you just take a link off?

I can; I have a good chain breaker, but experience tells this chain is worn & stretched. I do so much
wet grimy riding. It's much harder on a chain than 'normal wear'. Much safer to replace it than ride
with a dubious splice, especially since I am prone to snapping a chain by waiting to long to shift down on a hill.
Then too, I think a motor adds stress. It probably affects wear on the freewheel & derailleur as well.

P.S. Snapping a chain can be hazardous to your descendants :)

Last edited:
If you ever decide to upgrade your bike, you could move to a Shimano 10sp or 11sp system with a Shadow+ clutch derailleur, paired with a narrow/wide chainring up front.
I find the 9 spd & trigger shifters very satifactory. The CCS has assymetrical chain stays made specifically for 9 speed. The chain ring/guard
could have a tighter tolerance.

I find the 9 spd & trigger shifters very satifactory. The CCS has assymetrical chain stays made specifically for 9 speed. The chain ring/guard
could have a tighter tolerance.
Hi John, good news for you: last week in repairing my crashed bike I installed a 56T narrow-wide chainring and it clears the chainstay just fine. Also, a 10S Shadow + clutch derailleur was put on with astonishingly good results! NO MORE CHAIN DROPS, whooooopeee! And the already great shifting of the stock 9S is further improved. I will make a thread about it someday after more evaluation of the new drivetrain after I heal up and can really pedal the bike.

Last edited:
Also, a 10S Shadow + clutch derailleur was put on with astonishingly good results! NO MORE CHAIN DROPS, whooooopeee!

Same here, I haven’t dropped a chain since installing a Shadow Plus derailleur on my original Cross Current. The other issue I was having was getting the chain stuck between the chainring and guard on the highest gears of the cassette (cross-chaining.) I fixed that by flipping the front chainring guard around 180 degrees (it reduces the gap between the guard and chainring.)

Back