Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I seem to be having an issue with my HF1000 I received a few weeks ago. About 1 in 4 times (maybe a bit more) using the throttle more so than pedaling it judders, the last time it happened it was very bad, I was using it from a stop. Kind of like a car stalling or stuttering or skipping. Sometimes it feels like I'm on a cobblestone road but it's flat pavement, that will happen with I pedal too. I've only put about 25 miles on it. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Just wanted to say I'm impressed with the stock kendas on my CCS, 600 miles & not a trace of wear.
Heads up, Check that front quick release frequently. My front wheel has begun to loosen up fairly
often. I have a good solution. I have some 3/4" diamond dremel discs. Bore one out to fit your skewer
& it makes a very good non-slip washer.

I seem to be having an issue with my HF1000 I received a few weeks ago. About 1 in 4 times (maybe a bit more) using the throttle more so than pedaling it judders, the last time it happened it was very bad, I was using it from a stop. Kind of like a car stalling or stuttering or skipping. Sometimes it feels like I'm on a cobblestone road but it's flat pavement, that will happen with I pedal too. I've only put about 25 miles on it. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Mine does the same thing. I usually let off the throttle or stop pedaling when it happens. I’m hoping a software update will fix this but I’d get a support ticket setup.

Mine does the same thing. I usually let off the throttle or stop pedaling when it happens. I’m hoping a software update will fix this but I’d get a support ticket setup.

Other than the throttle issue, what do you guys think of the HF; I haven't heard any feed back on them yet?

other than the shuddering on takeoff when using the throttle, the bike is amazing. In Level 1 I can cruise 25-28 MPH on a flat road with little effort and so far have reached 40.4 MPH top speed peddling hard down a slight incline. The fat tires with 10 PSI are comfy and smooth. The hydraulic disc brakes work very well and the saddle is very comfortable. One thing I don't like is the rear wheel does not have a quick release and thats a pain in the butt when removing the rear rim. When riding the bike gets a lot of attention. All and all I think the HyperFat is a winner and am very surprised the bike is no longer offered.

All and all I think the HyperFat is a winner and am very surprised the bike is no longer offered.

I think the HF was a pioneer effort to explore the possibilities. Cost overruns probably soured the project a bit, but I think Tora
has taken the lessons learned to improve on the current fat bike offered.

other than the shuddering on takeoff when using the throttle, the bike is amazing. In Level 1 I can cruise 25-28 MPH on a flat road with little effort and so far have reached 40.4 MPH top speed peddling hard down a slight incline. The fat tires with 10 PSI are comfy and smooth. The hydraulic disc brakes work very well and the saddle is very comfortable. One thing I don't like is the rear wheel does not have a quick release and thats a pain in the butt when removing the rear rim. When riding the bike gets a lot of attention. All and all I think the HyperFat is a winner and am very surprised the bike is no longer offered.

I definately agree that the bike is a head turner. I ended up scrapping the stock fork and converted the headset to 1.5" and installed a RockShox Bluto fork with new thru-axle wheel. It wasn't cheap at all, but at those speeds, I didn't have any confidence in the stock fork. Up to this point I had one closed support case with Juiced. The battery receptacle cracked and was I was promptly sent a new one. The other open ticket is for the stock suspension fork. Even though I pulled it off and am no longer using it, the air spring mechanism is extremely stiff at lower pressures. I've followed the air pressure setup chart, but it feels like glue is holding the fork from rebounding correctly. The interesting thing about Juiced Bike's customer service, is they fast at resolving the simple problems, but with something like my fork issue, they punt the ticket and are not too responsive. My guess is they don't have any spare units to send me.

With the motor issue, it's not the best to have the shuddering feeling, but my expectation when I purchased the bike was that the HF1000 was basically a "skunk works" project. As long as the bike is reasonably reliable and doesn't leave me stranded, I'll be a happy camper. I currently have 220 miles on my bike. I hope to put down about 2500 miles on this bike before the end of the year.

Hello, 1st post. I have put in order for CCS with the new 19.2 battery for delivery in March/April. I did the usual research that led me to Juiced, but then I found this forum after I placed the order. After reading the entire 14 pages of this thread, the potential problems worrying me are: 1) the broken spoke problem 2) the cut-out/ loss of power problem Those 2 issues ; Have they been resolved, so I don't have to worry with purchase of a new bike? (I did note in 11/17 that Tora himself made a post and referred to new stronger spokes, and some type of cross-pattern application to reduce breakage-has all this been implemented?) Thanks!

I have a 2nd run Crosscurrent S. I've had none of the problems that some people with earlier runs had. There's some good info on the Juiced website about the new spokes if you'd like to know more. This thread is the "problems thread," so read some of the rest for more rounded info. Look at dates on posts and see if those problems are reported more recently. Then you can make a more informed choice. I'm having a great time with my CCS, and appreciate the thought and engineering that went into it more each day.

I glad to hear those issues have been addressed. I've been trying to ride my 1st gen. CCS into the ground. Other than
a few trivial things, this is a very well made bike. It's holding up well to hard use. Just the same, I give it a preflight check
for any loose whatever. Still, I'm glad I redid my spokes to 11g's & 'dampened' the spoke intersections. I may even beef
up the front wheel. The rear wheel is now pretty invincible

Hello, 1st post. I have put in order for CCS with the new 19.2 battery for delivery in March/April. I did the usual research that led me to Juiced, but then I found this forum after I placed the order. After reading the entire 14 pages of this thread, the potential problems worrying me are: 1) the broken spoke problem 2) the cut-out/ loss of power problem Those 2 issues ; Have they been resolved, so I don't have to worry with purchase of a new bike? (I did note in 11/17 that Tora himself made a post and referred to new stronger spokes, and some type of cross-pattern application to reduce breakage-has all this been implemented?) Thanks!
I have had no problems with the spokes on my CCS... The New Zealand website says it has 13G rear spokes, so I think this is good. I have had no problems with the cutting out of power, but have had a problem with rain when the bike has been parked up and it rained on the battery (21ah). For some reason the on/off button is below the level of the rest of the battery, and water pools around it. When I turned it on, it wouldn't go. Once dried out, has been no problem. Have now put tape over it, and it now sits above the surrounding battery. Haven't had it in the rain since, but hope this works next time. No other issues! Love the bike!

I have had no problems with the spokes on my CCS... The New Zealand website says it has 13G rear spokes, so I think this is good. I have had no problems with the cutting out of power, but have had a problem with rain when the bike has been parked up and it rained on the battery (21ah). For some reason the on/off button is below the level of the rest of the battery, and water pools around it. When I turned it on, it wouldn't go. Once dried out, has been no problem. Have now put tape over it, and it now sits above the surrounding battery. Haven't had it in the rain since, but hope this works next time. No other issues! Love the bike!

Thanks; I feel more confident that Juiced has resolved/ and or is committed to taking care of the issues...there is even one post in here from Tora himself, who states "we take care of our customers"... I guess it may take some patience IF a problem comes up, but hopefully the issues will be resolved. I'm looking forward to my new bike! I am in Flat Florida now, but am having it shipped to New York State in April where I hope to be tearing up the Adirondack Mountains (or at least the foothills)lol.

Living in the rain forest, I put black duct tape over the button before I ever rode my CCS. Ant has just confirmed
my initial doubt as to it's being completely waterproof. Pretty cheap, easy precaution. 013.JPG

Last edited:
Living in the rain forest, I put black duct tape over the button before I ever rode my CCS. Ant has just confirmed
my initial doubt as to it's being completely waterproof. Pretty cheap, easy precaution.View attachment 20060

My thanks to you and Ant for this suggestion. The rainy season in NC is about to start. I'll put some black Gorilla tape over the button. Should do the job, and blend in nicely.

Checked bike today, in the cold the frame had contracted down against the top of the battery,
wedging it out of place by 1/4". I hoped that it had not damaged the connection, so I turned it on.
It was fine. Just the same, I removed it to be sure. On the batpac I also noted just the slightest
distortion of the seam,( 3 or 4 microns), that's still damn tight precision machining. ( 27 fahrenheit)

Checked bike today, in the cold the frame had contracted down against the top of the battery,
wedging it out of place by 1/4". I hoped that it had not damaged the connection, so I turned it on.
It was fine. Just the same, I removed it to be sure. On the batpac I also noted just the slightest
distortion of the seam,( 3 or 4 microns), that's still damn tight precision machining. ( 27 fahrenheit)

I've been taking my battery inside at temps under 50 F.

At these temperatures + 80% humidity. Unless you're dressed for Everest, 10 mph is pretty much the
speed limit. The streets are an ice rink, but hell, that's what makes it exciting.

Attachments

• EmilysQuotes.Com-old-age-honorable-death-people-want-need-understanding-wisdom-Crow-Native-Ame...jpg
    EmilysQuotes.Com-old-age-honorable-death-people-want-need-understanding-wisdom-Crow-Native-Ame...jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 451
FYI, 19.2 ah batteries shipping in 2-3 weeks, ish, instead of mid-March.

Email I received from Juiced:

"We are currently awaiting an air shipment of 19 Ah battery packs. Unfortunately, this is what is holding your bike from shipping. We expect them to arrive within the next couple of weeks, if not sooner. "

Back