Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I purchased two of the 35 mm Handlebar Stems for my two RipCurrent S bikes and twice now the forks have moved while riding on trails. I have torqued the bolts as tight as possible but I can still physically stand over the front tire hold it with my legs and force the handle bars to move. Not alot of force is required. This is super dangerous and wanted to tell you of this issue I am experiencing with the Stems.

I’ve been having an issue with the display LED lights flashing and then power shutting off on my original 2016 Cross Current. The troubleshooting says it’s a connection issue but I checked all of them and even swapped out the 4-in-1 harness. What ended up fixing it was a new display. I had a spare 20mph display, which came with the original throttle kit, and now the bike works again. I was able to order a new class 3 display from Hilleater for about $50 so I won’t be limited to 20mph.

Hello - I am having an issue with the cadence on my Juiced Hyperscorpion. It seems to be way off all of a sudden (noticed it right away). I got on the bike today and it seems to help a little in the beginning (not as well as it was before), and then when I get going and encounter any sort of a hill, it cuts out, or anytime I'm going over 15 it seems to cut out or be random. It will then sporadically kick in, it's very random and not necessarily when I'm pedaling. I tried to clean out the back gears by the sensor, but it doesn't seem to help much, nothing really there. The throttle works fine. I only have 50 miles on the bike. This is the 2nd issue. First issue is the computer and screen seem to randomly reset. The LCD power button doesn't do anything (screen turns on when I turn the battery on, power button does nothing). Then a couple times when I've turned the bike on, all the settings go to random settings and I have to readjust everything. Juiced is sending me a new LCD screen, but didn't really ask any questions when I filed the ticket, they just replied and said they were sending me a new screen (even though I'm not sure the screen is the issue). Regardless, the screen issue wasn't that big a of deal, but the cadence issue is.
Did you ever get this resolved? I have had the same issue with my brand spankin' new Ripcurrent. I have done every bit of trouble shooting there is and have taken everything apart and put it back together again...there is no obvious issue. I am totally going crazy with frustration as I have had zero response from the Juiced team except a generic e-mail advising me to see their troubleshooting page.

This may have been addressed already as I'm new to this thread.
I just got the RipCurrent and pedal assist is not working as it should. It's not producing enough power to get the bike moving and up to reasonable speed. Throttle alone is working fine and I can reach 20mph no problem.
I've tried all levels of assist and different gears and it won't go past 15mph. I can see watts kicking in initially up to 200-300watts then trickles down to 100 or below and can't get that power back no matter how hard I pedal.
I've tried turning off the torque sensor in the menu and that didn't do much either.
I think sensor spacing might be a problem as indicated here. https://support.juicedbikes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016253271 But if this is the case how do I adjust the spacing?
I've sent in support email but being a long weekend, I'd doubt I will hear back next few days. Any input would be appreciated.
Hi. Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem on my brand new Ripcurrent. I have literally taken the bike apart and put it back together again and have not found anything obviously wrong. I am beyond frustrated as I have not had any resolution from the support team at Juiced other than a generic e-mail to tell me to look on their website for some self-troubleshooting techniques. This is driving me crazy as I will take the wires apart and reconnect them and it seems to work then when I go for a ride it starts cutting out again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem on my brand new Ripcurrent. I have literally taken the bike apart and put it back together again and have not found anything obviously wrong. I am beyond frustrated as I have not had any resolution from the support team at Juiced other than a generic e-mail to tell me to look on their website for some self-troubleshooting techniques. This is driving me crazy as I will take the wires apart and reconnect them and it seems to work then when I go for a ride it starts cutting out again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Power cutting out could be a crushed wire due to the ECU being installed improperly. There is a very specific way the ECU is meant to be inserted in the downtube which is not necessarily intuitive. The power cutting out could be a crushed wire, but probably not. Next, I'd guess you simply have an intermittent ECU that needs replacing. Lastly, there's a possibility it's your battery connection. Check to see if either connector is burnt at all or just not making a good connection. When you lose power, push on the battery to see is power comes back. No matter what, you need to be very assertive with Juiced and tell them to send you out a new ECU and LCD or battery holder.

Power cutting out could be a crushed wire due to the ECU being installed improperly. There is a very specific way the ECU is meant to be inserted in the downtube which is not necessarily intuitive. The power cutting out could be a crushed wire, but probably not. Next, I'd guess you simply have an intermittent ECU that needs replacing. Lastly, there's a possibility it's your battery connection. Check to see if either connector is burnt at all or just not making a good connection. When you lose power, push on the battery to see is power comes back. No matter what, you need to be very assertive with Juiced and tell them to send you out a new ECU and LCD or battery holder.
Thanks for the reply. Man, I have checked every single wire...removed the ECU....everything looks great. I too was thinking a faulty ECU, but then the throttle wouldn't work...which it does...without error. The bike functions perfectly until I get to stride at about 15 mph and then it starts lurching and slowly just stop functioning at all. This has got to be some sort of short somewhere...but where🤔 Arrgghh, this is driving me crazy....

Thanks for the reply. Man, I have checked every single wire...removed the ECU....everything looks great. I too was thinking a faulty ECU, but then the throttle wouldn't work...which it does...without error. The bike functions perfectly until I get to stride at about 15 mph and then it starts lurching and slowly just stop functioning at all. This has got to be some sort of short somewhere...but where🤔 Arrgghh, this is driving me crazy....
@Tawn Midkiff This is a long shot, but since you mentioned the issue with display resetting to random values, perhaps it is setting your max assist speed to 15mph and/or turning off torque sensor? In which case installing the new display Juiced is sending might resolve the issue. I don't remember the details of the max assist speed but did play around with it when I first got my CCS2. I also turned off the torque sensor but found the cadence sensor to be quite choppy and overly sensitive - apparently fine tuned to work in conjunction with the torque sensor. Best of luck.

Scrambler issue...
Power up all charged
Throttle twist....nothing
Disconnected the brake lever cable connections (OHMed good open circuit - closed circuit when pressed)....
turn throttle nothing... (1k ohms between pin 1 and 3) ) (open circuit between 1 and 2) (mega ohms between 2 and 3) - no resistance change when turning the throttle) encoder maybe?
Two fuses... look good....

digging a little more--- Just the facts Mam... haha
electric wheel does not propel the bike in torque more...
electric wheel does not propel the bike in standard throttle mode..
Controller is powered because the display is indicating correctly and I can get into advance programming mode...

checked all connections, looks like maybe a bad controller not putting out voltage to the wheel?... any one have a pin out diagram of the controller output to the electric wheel?

NO ERROR CODES...
Thanks folks!!!!

I am a retired electrical engineer... I can test any component if I know what to look for....

Last edited:
After reading some of these problems i don't feel so alone with mine. I just got a Scorpion DOA out of the box. Battery is fully charged with current at the plug but when I start the LED it goes off as soon as I let go of the button. Checked the 4in1 connection and it is as it should be.

After reading some of these problems i don't feel so alone with mine. I just got a Scorpion DOA out of the box. Battery is fully charged with current at the plug but when I start the LED it goes off as soon as I let go of the button. Checked the 4in1 connection and it is as it should be.
does it do the same if its not plugged into the bike?

Scrambler issue...
Power up all charged
Throttle twist....nothing
Disconnected the brake lever cable connections (OHMed good open circuit - closed circuit when pressed)....
turn throttle nothing... (1k ohms between pin 1 and 3) ) (open circuit between 1 and 2) (mega ohms between 2 and 3) - no resistance change when turning the throttle) encoder maybe?
Two fuses... look good....

digging a little more--- Just the facts Mam... haha
electric wheel does not propel the bike in torque more...
electric wheel does not propel the bike in standard throttle mode..
Controller is powered because the display is indicating correctly and I can get into advance programming mode...

checked all connections, look to me like a bad controller not putting out voltage to the wheel?... any one have a pin out diagram of the controller output to the electric wheel?

NO ERROR CODES...
Thanks folks!!!!

I am a retired electrical engineer... I can test any component if I know what to look for....
What I have learned thus far:
The throttle - it has Hall effect sensors
Rear electric drive wheel has 3 hall effect sensors - will the controller work on a non- hall effect sensor -ed wheels? to be determined.
Rear motor are 3 phase DC pulse (typical DC brushless motors)
Brake lever switch is Normally Open circuit. When closed, the controller stop power from going to the wheels. (can be disconnected for controller testing)
Bafang - there is no place on the net to buy component level parts (motor, hall effect sensors, etc) apparently owners just buy new wheels and controllers
I fould the 9 pin break out the connect to rear wheel, center pin DC- big pins are 3 power pins others and 5 dc power and 3 hall effect return pins.
Bafang does not have a service center that I can find (return and repair service center)
8fun is another name for Bafang.

Juiced Bikes - wont respond to email service tickets, tech service has a recording - but they will take orders! I ordered a new controller and a new thumb throttle for testing.

Banfang hall effect sensor board used in the Scrambler rear wheel... impossible to find on the net...
8lIIU36.jpg

Last edited:
What I have learned thus far:
The throttle - the is uses hall effect sensor
Rear electric drive wheel has 3 hall effect sensors - will the controller work on a not hall effect sensor -ed wheel?
Rear motor are 3 phase DC pulse (typical DC brushless motors)
Brake lever switch is Normally Open circuit. When closed, the controller stop power from going to the wheels. (can be disconnected for controller testing)
Bafang - there is no place on the net to buy component level parts (motor, hall effect sensors, etc) apparently owners just buy new wheels and controllers

Bafang does not have a service center that I can find (return and repair service center)

Juiced Bikes - wont respond to email service tickets, tech service has a recording - but they will take orders! I ordered a new controller and a new thumb throttle for testing.
I had no luck with tech support and finally pushed option 1 for sales...they answer right away and are very nice and willing to help....they are sending me a new bike...after 3 weeks of horrible service with tech support....should have called sales a long time ago...live and learn.

does it do the same if its not plugged into the bike?
What I meant is that when the battery is plugged into the bike and turned on with the green light showing that the control led screen that is on the handlebar wont stay on. I hold down the on button for three seconds and longer but as soon as I take my finger off of it the screen turns off. I registered the bike and started a ticket on the matter but after what I've read here I'm not too hopeful.

Last edited:
What a joke Juiced is, no reply to a service ticket and they hang up on me when I call them after the recording tells me to make a service ticket. I just want to return the bike now and be done with them.

What a joke Juiced is, no reply to a service ticket and they hang up on me when I call them after the recording tells me to make a service ticket. I just want to return the bike now and be done with them.
When you call....select option 1 and talk to sales. They are super nice and respond to all e-mails....I futzed around for 3 weeks with their tech team and got nothing accomplished....

When you call....select option 1 and talk to sales. They are super nice and respond to all e-mails....I futzed around for 3 weeks with their tech team and got nothing accomplished....
I did and waited on hold for a while and then a recording told me to make a service ticket and hung up lol. That isn't how a customer should be treated.

Did you ever get this resolved? I have had the same issue with my brand spankin' new Ripcurrent. I have done every bit of trouble shooting there is and have taken everything apart and put it back together again...there is no obvious issue. I am totally going crazy with frustration as I have had zero response from the Juiced team except a generic e-mail advising me to see their troubleshooting page.
After trying to get 2 of the Juiced 35mm stems to hold the stock fork and the new 100mm fork I gave up on it. In the end the stem made the bike too dangerous and I could not get it tight enough to prevent the fork from slipping. I have been using a 40mm stem from Hussefelt. No issues with stock or 100mm fork with the Hussefelt. https://www.amazon.com/Truvativ-0-D...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345015987041&psc=1

I did get a email back from Juiced a week later on the issue. I decided not to persue and further discussion. I was posting my experience with the part.

I did and waited on hold for a while and then a recording told me to make a service ticket and hung up lol. That isn't how a customer should be treated.
Support did respond to my ticket and sent a new display and 1 to four wire harness but they sent the wrong one and the new display won't stay on either. At least they are trying.

Back