Known Issues & Problems with Giant Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

$7,000 for the motor is crazy. I have a 2022 Fastroad Ex Pro, that I love riding, but it has issues here and there, that are all electrical in nature, outside of a cracked/defective rear wheel. Yesterday after arriving home from a quick 35 mile ride, the battery started discharging on its own, right before my eyes, while parked. The battery indictor went from 22% to 5% in 15 or so seconds. I turned the bike off and on again, and it was still at 5%. I removed the battery, and put it back on, and same thing....5%. I did recharge the battery and it is now at 100%, but this was just odd behavior. This probably my last Giant ebike, as I also own a Vado 4 and Trek 8s, and I have not had one issue with either of those bikes, and they have double the miles of the Giant. Go figure......
It was quoted $700, not $7000. I think there was some confusion :)

Good suggestions. Yamaha techs like at a motorcycle shop?

No, for the yamaha sync-drive electric motor. A motorcycle shop has never seen one of those, nor likely even knows they exist. LOL

I just did a quick search on ebay for 'giant ebike motor' and there are lots for sale - you just gotta find one compatible. They're in the four to six hundred dollar range:

EDIT: and $700 for a new one isn't horrible, considering the price of a new bike.

No, for the yamaha sync-drive electric motor. A motorcycle shop has never seen one of those, nor likely even knows they exist. LOL

I just did a quick search on ebay for 'giant ebike motor' and there are lots for sale - you just gotta find one compatible. They're in the four to six hundred dollar range:

EDIT: and $700 for a new one isn't horrible, considering the price of a new bike.
Thanks! I saw that as well. Problem is the battery is also degrading (now charging only to about 85%). New battery looks like $800? So now we’re creeping into new bike territory…

Problem is the battery is also degrading (now charging only to about 85%).
Something is very wrong here. A degraded battery will always charge to 100%, only its internal charge becomes smaller and smaller. Your e-bike is too young to have a degraded battery.
Take my advice: Ride the e-bike until the charge drops to 20%. Recharge and tell me what the charge level was achieved.

Hi! How to remove servising message on my Explore e+2 GTS, the last time I reset myself last 2000km, but I don't remember through which program, through RideControl somehow it doesn't work.

Hi! How to remove servising message on my Explore e+2 GTS, the last time I reset myself last 2000km, but I don't remember through which program, through RideControl somehow it doesn't work.
I think this is a dealer only function but correct me if I'm wrong. Mine goes away if I ignore it long enough, it's just a suggestion after all.

If it's triggering an OCD episode take it to the dealer and get them to extend the duration before it appears.

I think this is a dealer only function but correct me if I'm wrong. Mine goes away if I ignore it long enough, it's just a suggestion after all.

If it's triggering an OCD episode take it to the dealer and get them to extend the duration before it appears.
I remembered, distance since last service reset when i updated my RideControl Charge display with RideControl app, but now it doesn't work.
I think it is possible to do factory reset RideControl Charge display, then update to latest version, who will tell how it can be done

Back